Crysis crashing (windows 7 64)

LOL install RMT 7600 build 64bit and everything will work just fine i don't have any issues at all with games or i see explanation to it is your fingers are broken LOL w00t.gif

Failtroll is fail.

I fixed it, like there was any doubt.

Run the program in Vista emulation, as administrator. It allows the program to elevate itself normally.

WOO! OMEGA FIXED IT!! HE KNOWS EVERYTHING!

What are your GPU temps? Could be that your card is overheating and crashing.

His card is overheating and crashing lading an intro screen? It crashes on open, there is no way that is the cause.

yeh does anyone have any serious ideas on how to get this to work?

tried the run as admin

tried as vista compat - all types

tried running from a shortcut

tried no cd

crysis warhead works so must be something specific to the crysis install :( want crysis!

Crysis 64.exe works fine for me in Vista Ultimate 64 bit. In fact it runs better than crysis.exe.

Ive got a couple of games crashing on me mid game for no apparent reason atm, Aion and World of Warcraft. For some reason they just die and I'm suddenly at my desktop. I'm running Windows 7 64bit too. updated Graphics drivers last night but no help. I'm currently installed onto an SSD drive and im considering reinstalling on a normal HD and having my games installed on the SSD instead

Sorry but with all due respect, why the hell would it be the SSD's fault? It wouldn't make any difference if you've installed it on a normal HD or an SSD, going to be exactly the same problem, and other people are reporting it as well. At least one member here said they tried a no-cd patch which got the game to fire up, so have you thought it could be a protection issue with a 64bit operating system? DRM = fail.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys, i searched the internet for a fix, and apparently this isnt windows 7 related, it happens in vista 64bit aswell.

So far ive not found a fix and its really ****ing me off.

The game basically wont start, when i open the game the screen is black for 10 seconds and then crashes.

Ive tried running as admin, running it in 32 bit, running it in vista compatibility, turning vsync off in the nvidia control panel and all the other things people suggested.

But why look elsewhere when i am a member of a forum with some of the greatest minds on the internet!

so any help would be fantastico!

this may sound to simply, but i happened by this on chance. i loaded the game , right click the crysis icon. asked win 7 to play it in win xp with sp2 . and the game loaded but only in a half window mode : still ****ed. then i ejected the dvd with the thought of not playing it. and then i said 1 more shot. oh by the did i way mention 2 hours had passed. and then put the dvd back in the player, it booted to the play screen i hit play and it worked. when you play it from the dvd it works, well for me anyway. good luck.hope this works for you.

• 1 month later...
Found a way to fix it for me in win7 64 bit. I went into the bin64 folder and set crysis.exe to vista compatibility mode and it works.

Thats how i managed to get it to work as well.

I'm playing Crysis on Steam on my Windows 7 64-bit machine and never had a crash.

Does it work fine when you are on the ship..more precisely after 1st alien invasion, and after having deactivated the reactor. That place is a crashfest and i cant progress any further :(

I'm playing Crysis on Steam on my Windows 7 64-bit machine and never had a crash.

Steam do not include the x64 .exe you only get the x86 version on steam.

Steam do not include the x64 .exe you only get the x86 version on steam.

I don't have the steam version of the original crysis but warhead does come with the 64 bit version on steam. Odd that crysis doesn't.

I don't have the steam version of the original crysis but warhead does come with the 64 bit version on steam. Odd that crysis doesn't.

Yup I found it odd too, but sadly it doesn't include the x64 .exe as I can confirm after buying it in the christmas promotion, I had to install my bought copy of Crysis to play 64bit, but at least I got the other two games included in the deal with x64 support ... Here is a steam thread regarding it, mods please remove if not allowed to make a link to another board ... http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...ad.php?t=800531

There is a way i found out to make the crysis work... is to right click the crysis icon on the desktop or .exe and properties then you go to the compatibility tab and select the "windows server 2008" selection and click the admin privileges then click ok and start the game. Hit me up if you didn't get this to work

• 1 month later...

OK guys this is real simple. I could not run the game in 64 bit windows 7 Ultimate either. I looked online for a solution, and patched the game. Again it crashed, but when I went into the hard drive to use compatibility mode, I learned that in the game folder inside Crytek there is a 32 and a 64 folder. I just ran the game from the 64 folder and guess what? I was able to get it to work full res all settings on very high. It always pays to buy the DVD.

Intel i7 965 Extreme@3.6ghz

Gigabyte ex58-ud4p motherboard

3gigs of DDR3 Triple data @1033

PNY Geforce 260 SLI

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

• 4 months later...

ok just to clear up all these isssues....when you get the instant blank screen and the game crashes, it means ur gfx card cant run the game...so there is no was u can run the game then..sucks.. i kno

• 1 month later...

ok just to clear up all these isssues....when you get the instant blank screen and the game crashes, it means ur gfx card cant run the game...so there is no was u can run the game then..sucks.. i kno

lol Im not sure thats right

Did anyone find a solution to the Windows 7 x64 Crysis instant blank screen crash yet ?

Mine was working sometimes, but no matter what I try now I can not get it to run

I'm pretty sure the OPs issue was resolved last year.

I just read through the entire thread and only found a couple of people who managed with vista compatibility, no actual fix for everyone

What was his solution do you know ?

Quite interestingly I was trying Crysis & WH the other night at a LAN on my laptop. Worked perfectly for me.

Its maddening because THIS install I have now, was working, sometimes not, but then it just stopped and refuses to run again