New Nebraska License Plate Unveiled

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Gov. Dave Heineman has unveiled Nebraska's new license plate.

19363467_240X122.jpg CORRECTED

The plate's background is black at the top, fading to white, with the state's Nebraska.gov Web address in red letters at the top.

The design received the most support among 109,000 people who voted on four plate designs on the Nebraska Motor Vehicles Department Web site the past two weeks.

The design garnered almost 41,000 votes.

Nebraska redesigns and issues new license plates every six years.

source

Edited by Hum

Nebraska Thwarts Pranksters' License Plate Hijacking

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) -- Nebraska on Friday threw out thousands of votes -- online votes for its new license plate -- after discovering that a minimalist approach initially won only because a humor Web site had urged people to choose the most boring design.

Department of Motor Vehicles Director Beverly Neth announced Friday that a white, gold and black plate featuring the state bird and state flower -- the western meadowlark and goldenrod -- is the actual winner of online voting. The new plates go into use in 2011.

The winner announced Tuesday had been a black-and-white plate with the URL of Nebraska's Web site in red. But those results were skewed by a prank instigated by collegehumor.com, which encouraged people to vote for what it deemed to be the most boring design.

Gov. Dave Heineman's spokeswoman, Jen Rae Hein, said the black-and-white plate generated 12,510 of the 14,805 votes cast through collegehumor.com's link to the Nebraska DMV voting site.

After Neth disqualified the humor site's votes, the bird-and-flower design became the winner with 32,858 votes. The black-and-white plate managed to place second among four entries, less than 5,000 votes behind.

source

^ Why is it 'stupid' ?

We did not know at the time the vote was corrupt.

And I can't allow the trusting Neowin readers to think that boring plate is the new one.

[Remember kids: Everything you see on the Internet is true !]

You can always request the Mods Delete your post. ;)

I saw the options for the other three plates through a link from the article. IMHO, they picked the blandest of all of them.

edit: Other plates.

:| They need a professional designer

Nebraska Thwarts Pranksters' License Plate Hijacking

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) -- Nebraska on Friday threw out thousands of votes -- online votes for its new license plate -- after discovering that a minimalist approach initially won only because a humor Web site had urged people to choose the most boring design.

ROFL! That is the best news i've heard all day!

Not sure why people are so obsessed with license plate designs, so many of them that I see these days are so full of designs and colors and symbols and sports teams and messages that you would be hard pressed to actually read the license number. That is kinda the point of a license plate, isn't it?

agree, plus it's become a money making overkill, Illinois has so many varieties, i'm waiting for the Gamer Plate to show up on the SOS website. pretty much every other hobby has one.