What are you reading right now?

Just finished "Sputnik Sweetheart" by Haruki Murakami. Masterpiece!

Now onto "Diane Arbus" by Patricia Bosworth

n11686.jpg

First in a series, and I'm reading it on my Kindle..

Very good book. I read it when it first came out. Then the movie came out and was probably the biggest book to movie disappointment I ever had. I did not know it was made into a series though. I might have to pick the rest up

I finished reading Blood on the Moon last night, the first book in James Ellroys' "Lloyd Hopkins trilogy" - a series of books focusing on L.A. Homicide Detective Sergeant Lloyd Hopkins. I always recommend Ellroy to people looking to read good Crime Novels, and The Lloyd Hopkins books are a good place to start. As a character, Hopkins is pretty ****ed up (to say the least), but they're definitely worth a read. I'm planning on (finally) tackling his huge Underworld USA Series later on this year, now that the final book has been published.

But that's for later on in the year, as for what I'm gonna read next, I'm gonna read something different, though still with a bit of a detective / crime angel, so I'm gonna re-read (for the upteenth time) Mark Haddons' The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.

Finished The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, last night, plan on starting "How the Dead Live", by Will Self, tonight.

So I started How The Dead Live - and stopped. It seems like an interesting book, with some interesting themes, and I do like the "way" Self writes, but it's a wee-bit depressing, which isn't the kinda thing I need to be reading at the moment, so I've put it back down the "to read pile", and instead I'll start reading Peter Straub' Shadowland, tonight.

Just finished "Sputnik Sweetheart" by Haruki Murakami. Masterpiece!

Now onto "Diane Arbus" by Patricia Bosworth

Now reading Kafka on the Shore by Murakami

• 2 weeks later...

The%20Greatest%20Show%20on%20Earth%20The%20Evidence%20for%20Evolution%20Richard%20Dawkins%20Cover.jpg

Awesome book. It can be very dry but I have an avid interest in Evolutionary Biology so it was exciting to me.

I wish I could read like I used to, but my eyes just won't let me. I love science fiction, and stuff like military and spy novels.

Roadside Picnic by Arkadi and Boris Strugatsky.

Must be my favourite book. Bought it like 4 times but managed to lost it every time. Got another one yesterday :p

Recent Reads:

1. Mark Kermode - It's only a Movie.
  2. Tim Harford - The Undercover Economist.
  3. Brian Selznick - The Invention of Hugo Cabret.

That last one, in particular, was a wonderful reading "experience", and I'm looking forward to the Scorcese helmed adaptation.

Finished re-reading Michael Connellys' The Last Coyote last night. I'm hoping to pick up Infoquake, by David Louis Edelman, on Monday / Tuesday.

The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway.

I'll next read his A Farewell To Arms and For Whom The Bell Tolls.

Awesome book. It can be very dry but I have an avid interest in Evolutionary Biology so it was exciting to me.

I bought this last year, but still haven't read it. As soon as my exams are over next month, I'll start reading it.