What are you reading right now?

round-the-bend.jpg

Christmas gift from my mum, and one of the final books I need to own everything Clarkson has published. There are still a few, I believe (Planet Dagenham, among them), but I can get those in the future. I like Clarkson's writings, and I do find his sense of humor appealing even if I don't always agree wirth what he says. This should be a quick and fun read.

For anyone who remembers the last book I read (Wilbur Smith's Birds of Prey), it was something I highly recommend. I enjoyed it a lot, but not everyone might. You could get a good idea of Smith's writing style from Eagle in the Sky if you wanted a shorter sample of his abilities.

Just ordered Dragon Age: Asunder, from what little I could spare. Gaider's writing in the first two books has left much to ask for, but I do want to know the general direction the next game will take with his lead. And that counts for everything. Will be a read for several night shifts.

Just started this last night, my wife is already on the latest book in the series.

BoneShaker - Cherie Priest

101567220.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The Wheel of Time is written in real time. For every day you spend reading that series the characters age about one day.

As Mathachew said, it's a very long journey.

I, Partridge - We Need To Talk About Alan

Had it ages now but finally got round to reading it. Takes me ages to start a book :laugh: . Last one i read before that was Scott Pilgrim... quite a big gap between books.

RoAnew172.jpg

I'm currently re-reading the Winds of the Forelands series. As soon as I finish the last book (book 5) then I'll start on a follow up series that I haven't read before. There are now three books in the "Blood of the Southlands" series. Both series take place in the same world which is inhabited by two races: the Eandi who cannot use magic and the white-haired but short-lived Qirsi who each can access one or more magic power (gleaning, fire, healing, mists/winds, shaping, language of beasts and mind-bending). A Qirsi who can access all of the magics (and do more with them) is called a Weaver.

At any rate, I've got the first book of the second series sitting here ready to go but I wanted to remind myself what had been happening in the first series. I'm almost ready to start the new series.