What are you reading right now?

Finished Chernobyl Murders, which was rather dull, then read Star Wars: The Old Republic: Deceived, which was even more dull. I want my reading time back.

Now, Superheroes and Zombies, that should be interesting :D

Ex-Heroes.jpg

67360.jpg

I discovered we would be covering Soviet Russia in A-Level History, and I decided that if I manage to make it back for A-Levels I may as well gain an understanding of the person most responsible for bringing the Soviet Union together. From what I've read already this is going to be a slow read, but it's appealingly written. It isn't a dull and dry rhetoric; Service has a style and seems to be able to make sure it comes across without tainting the quality of the writing. One thing I'm not so sure I like, though, is the size of the font. It's rather miniature, and since I don't have an eBook Reader I can't buy a copy there and adjust as needed. Considering this book is normally named as a definitive work on Vladimir Lenin, it should hopefully be everything I want. I also have his biographies of Stalin and Trotsky to read afterwards, at some point. They all look good together on a shelf.

Can't say as I've sat and read a book or magazine of any type in quite some time!

Might have to comb through these posts and see what might sound good.

• 3 weeks later...

I just started hunger games. i have all three and should be finished quickly. I just finished book 4 of Game of Thrones and holding off on reading 5. I will stop reading that series until the series is finished.

After hunger game I think I will re-read the Enders game series.

Just finished The Ghost War. The first book in the series, The Faithful Spy, was alright. This one, though, I felt was a tremendous improvement and had me hooked through all 530+ pages. Back to fantasy now, something Fred Derf inadvertently introduced me to. It better not suck!

book_rules_of_ascension.jpg

violetjessopbook.jpg

This is what I'm reading at the moment. It timed well with the centenary of the ship's sinking. So far it is an interesting enough account of a person, but not of their actual position on the Titanic. She was a stewardess on the ship, but in the 80+ pages I've read, the closest thing I've found has been her first few experiences aboard a boat. I suppose that in itself is interesting enough. Oddly, despite being a copy bought in the UK, the book has Americanized spelling. Maybe that's how it was printed in general, but I picked up on it quite quickly.

"The Hunger Games" (Y). Just finished "Your Voice In My Head" (EXCELLENT read, by the way!)

Dr Stephen Hawking's??The Future of Spacetime.

although the only time its quiet enough for me to read and comprehend is when Im on the toilet??blush.gif

IAMNAD, but have you considerd more 'prunes' in your diet?

but yeah.??otoh, if I go to the library, I may scream through most of one book, and parts of others. But if I borrow a 'promising looking' book, it just sits until it's due... i get distracted at home.

Thinking while in the shower is a similar phenomenon.

I've wished I had note paper in the shower, because once out, I've forgotten some topics. (and the world suffers terribly for that)