What are you reading right now?

A year or two back, I had borrowed a book from the library and want to re-read it but don't remember the name or author.

It was the story of a woman from a non-descript town who went on to become an actress. She came back to her childhood home after her mother (may be step-mother) died. The gardener was her first lover and after she had left he had become reclusive or something. When she came back, she gave her the cold shoulders which had infuriated her to such an extent that he killer her and buried her. The story is told from the point of view of the woman's "ghost" after her death, depicting their childhood, their romance, her life as an actress, her murder finally culminating in the murder and murderer being discovered.

I know this is probably too vague, but by any off-chance, can someone identify the novel? The edition I had read had a cover of a girl walking on a piece totally covered with green grass.

Absolutely, I hadn't read any previous books. Not sure about others but I really enjoy fiction that encompasses real locations/places in history, it really makes for an interesting read.

I.E. Go wikipedia "Doomsday vault" it's actually very interesting, and real :).

Thanks. I had my sight on this one for sometime but didn't buy it as I wasn't sure I could follow it by starting in the middle of a series. I will get it once I finish The Lost Symbol, which should be delivered by the time I finish the one I am reading.

Re-reading the Star Trek Voyager Dark Matter books. Trying to find something to read. I read for about 2 hours everyday. Need a good long sci-fi/fantasy book soon...

Why don't you try StarWar novels? I'm currently reading lots of them (just started on "Dark Nest 1: The Joiner King" by Troy Denning).

The Thrawn arc by Timothy Zahn makes for a good read - in chronological order:

The "Republic Commando" arc by Karen Traviss is also good:

Yes It was.

Currently reading, Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards

Well, then that's where I know it from, I saw the movie about two weeks ago.

I did movie set security on The Memory Keeper's Daughter, I own the book but still have not read it yet.

Why don't you try StarWar novels? I'm currently reading lots of them (just started on "Dark Nest 1: The Joiner King" by Troy Denning).

What the f***? There's more in that series?

Another recommendation for the Thrawn Trilogy and Hand of Thrawn Duology (Y) Haven't read the others but if they're by Timothy Zahn, they're likely to be good.

I read that a few months ago, wish they'd make it into a movie, or at least a mini series, however, because "Choke" did so bad at the box office, I really don't see either happening.

Hand of Thrawn Duology

That would still be a trilogy, because now they consider two or more books and/or movies a trilogy.

Meditations on First Philosophy: In Which the Existence of God and the Distinction of the Soul from the Body Are Demonstrated by Rene Descartes, original Latin version.

We have a music what are you listening to so why not a book one...obviously you wouldn't be reading right this second but what book are you currently ploughing through?

Been reading it for some time:

269-2.jpg

It's extremely good.

Chris Ryan: Strikes Back

If it was Chris Ryan who wrote "The One that Got Away", then I love his books.

I don't read much fiction/stories, but these are the books I'm reading atm:

The New Cold War - Edward Lucas

The Communist Manifesto - Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels

Programming a Multiplayer FPS in Direct X - Vaughan Young

That would still be a trilogy, because now they consider two or more books and/or movies a trilogy.

Huh? Really? That doesn't really make any sense. Anyway, i was going by the name used on Wikipedia and Wookieepedia :p