What are you reading right now?

Just finished Stephen King's The Dark Tower series (took me most of the summer). Now reading the 2cd book of Mortals by Tosca Lee and Ted Dekker.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Complete Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

The Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher

The latest issue of Model Railroader

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I find that this forum is really good to hunt for the books to add to "To Read" list.

I am reading A game of Thrones now

The Forge of God  by Greg Bear.  Great read.

forge_alt4.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 9/3/2014 at 10:21 PM, xrobwx said:

Just finished Stephen King's The Dark Tower series 

My friend is obsessed with this series and I've barely looked into it. I've heard nothing but positive reviews for it. Isn't there news of a film adaptation too?.

18 hours ago, 7Kelevra said:

My friend is obsessed with this series and I've barely looked into it. I've heard nothing but positive reviews for it. Isn't there news of a film adaptation too?.

I haven't seen the news about a film but, it's an epic and I hope they don't fudge it up. It really needs to be a week or 2 long series to fit most of it in. I don't think a 3 part mini series would do it even if each were 2 hours long. I only wish Kubrick was still alive and would do it. Hmm, maybe Tim Burton? Peter Jackson? Scott Eastwood could play Roland Deschain. :)

• 1 year later...

th?id=OIP.zU2AtKVB96IPFFuDfoUvlQAAAA&pid

A book that was quite a slog through, being completely character, not narrative, driven, and over 800 pages...  but which I thought was insanely good and also would not recommend to anyone, since it is definitely not in most people's wheelhouse. I've heard it described as a bit Lord of Flies and a bit of the Wonderland series. It is definitely unique.

• 5 weeks later...