Doom III

i hope that screen is not just a cutscene (i.e. we can actually do that kind of gore! wicked..!)

In game, in game. And come on, even what we've seen in the alpha stages of the Doom III engine blows the Ut2k3 engine out of the water.

Yeah but for the quality it delivers, it has like 1:10 fps from that of UT2k3.

We don't know how it's gonna run yet. iD keeps saying that it is surprisingly scalable, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt till we find out.

Really, if that is so, than I am convinced (do you write it that way). Do you think my old trusty ti4400 can handle it, just like it can handle UT2k3 @ 4AA 50fps?

Oh yeah the Geforce 4400 should be fine. A major component of the engine is making high quality models using texture tricks and fewer polygons that it first appears. The engine is still gonna recquire a lot of power, but a Geforce 4400 should be just fine.

The minimum requirement they say is a Radeon 8500

Carmack said they were aiming for 40fps on a Geforce3 - but he didn't say what detail settings that would be at. Better to just wait for more details as very few concrete details have been made available.

This also isn't going to be a blazing fast shooter, so 30/40/50 fps should be perfectly acceptable.

This game will completely suck.

They're taking potentially awesome gameplay, combining it with killer graphics, and then RUINING the whole game by making it total CHEESE by having you fight mindless demons and zombies. That is so lame. They could learn a lesson from Tom Clancy.

Seriously. Get a freaking storyline that doesn't totally blow and use some actual characters. Killing zombies gets old real fast. A little too fast actually.

What a joke.

ok, to everyone saying this game isnt going to be as good based on the fact of framerate is a retard. think back when quake2 and quake3 first came out. i remember struggling with it at first but as the hardware got better i was able to increase detail and settings. UT2003 is still fairly new but in reality is way behind in technology when compaired to the doom3 engine. dynamic lighting, as well as all the shaders that the engine will support far surpasses that of UT2003. Dont complain if you cant play the game on your geforce4 at high resolution with all the settings bumped and get 60-90 frames per second. I have confidence that the game will be playable on older hardware but this engine will be better supported for the geforceFx 5900 cards and the Radeon 9800 cards. the software and carmack are always ahead of the hardware. accept that.

nice screen shot :) ID say they created the game for use on the ati radeon (though it will not be limited to) which is a shame being a nvidea user unsure yet of i will change, just to squeeze a bit more out of this game. But from all the shoots i have seen of it i may well do

nice screen shot :) ID say they created the game for use on the ati radeon (though it will not be limited to) which is a shame being a nvidea user unsure yet of i will change, just to squeeze a bit more out of this game. But from all the shoots i have seen of it i may well do.

They just used ATI to demo the game, that's all.

And imonthegoodfoot, how do you know it's going to suck? First, it's by id, which automatically makes it a good game. Second, it's by Carmack, which automatically makes it a great game. And third, we really don't know anything about it yet, so it's stupid to rush to conclusions this early.

I know that it won't be as good as Half-Life 2 or Deus Ex 2. Thats what I know. :p

Anyways... I will get it. To look at all the pretty graphics. :D

And yeah... Just because a game is demo'd on certain hardware doesn't mean it will work only with that hardware. At that time though I'm sure the game and hardware were optimized to work together as best as possible.

I beleive again at this years E3 both Doom 3 and HL will be on ATi Graphics.

I know that it won't be as good as Half-Life 2 or Deus Ex 2. Thats what I know. :p

Anyways... I will get it. To look at all the pretty graphics. :D

And yeah... Just because a game is demo'd on certain hardware doesn't mean it will work only with that hardware. At that time though I'm sure the game and hardware were optimized to work together as best as possible.

I beleive again at this years E3 both Doom 3 and HL will be on ATi Graphics.

1) What make you think that HL2 or Deus Ex 2 will be best? Did you try it? Wait till the game go out before saying stuff like that.

2) And for the framerate, I played on my friend pc and everything work fine after the framerate patch so I don't see what you are complaining about.

Guys please, just what till more details are released then automatically assuming Doom III will suck or the other games will rock or whatever. Patience, patience...

This game will completely suck.

They're taking potentially awesome gameplay, combining it with killer graphics, and then RUINING the whole game by making it total CHEESE by having you fight mindless demons and zombies. That is so lame. They could learn a lesson from Tom Clancy.

Seriously. Get a freaking storyline that doesn't totally blow and use some actual characters. Killing zombies gets old real fast. A little too fast actually.

What a joke.

Your opinion matters not to me.