VietCong & My Eyes

This might sound strange. Very strange. Hopefully others have experienced it, otherwise I might be going blind.

I am having some issues with certain missions in Vietcong (Mature Version). If I?m in a mission where it is raining, my eyes seem to go out of focus, or start to water. It get so bad, that I can?t continue the missions. I don?t have this issue in day, clear weather missions or in any other game I play.

My game settings are 1280x1024 at 75MHz using 32bit textures. My system is fast, so I don?t have any slowdowns or hiccups. I really think is has something to do with the way that the rain is modeled.

Has anyone else had similar issues

i don't get that, but i can see that you are using too low refresht rate.

75hz is low.

85hz is minimum you should play at...unless you don't care about your eyes

if your eyes don't get better can I have them please???

i'll pay good money and only need two more to fill my jar :)

I'm running at 85hz and i get a headache after playin vietcong, its weird cuz vietcongs the only game where that occurs so soon. I can go a few hours before i get a headache in other games, but 30 minutes of vietcong and i gotta quit.

this has happened to me over time as well... many years of looking at a computer screen and my vision has deteriorated...

somehow, after all this time, i now have astigmatism in my left eye, am very farsighted and have a lazy left eye. Now my right eye is losing focus sometimes, thankfully only at the computer, not while doing real important things like walking/running or driving.

without glasses, my left eye can not see the 'MAX PAYNE' (big red letters) on my mousepad...

Ure eyes are probably trying to focus on the far away things in the perspective and then the rain drops come in front so ure eyes try to focus on that and so they get messed up! U probably need glasses which is making it worse. Listen u could make a lot of money, Sue them and get rich, hire a good lawyer :p :p

The buzz

Well, it sounds like there are two problems here. Firstly, it looks like "persionpsyco" has had similar issues as me. "thebuzz" makes a good point about trying to focus on things in the distance while also subconsciencely focusing on the rain in the foreground.

I stare at computer screens all day at work and then all night at home. So, I guess my eyes might be going. It still doesn't explain why I only have a problem with this game and not all of the others I play.

Man, this sucks. I Love Veitcong. There is no way to turn the rain off, (or change the way it is modeled). Maybe this would be a good idea for the next patch.

Screw it. I'm still going to finish this game.

the only problem w/ the 'focus'ing idea is that you dont actually have to focus on things to make them 'clear'.... you are viewing everything on a 2d screen, there is no distance blur, and even if there was you certainly couldnt fix it by focusing ;p

the only problem w/ the 'focus'ing idea is that you dont actually have to focus on things to make them 'clear'.... you are viewing everything on a 2d screen, there is no distance blur, and even if there was you certainly couldnt fix it by focusing ;p

Good point. I guess it's time to admit that I'm getting old. :(

i don't get that, but i can see that you are using too low refresht rate.

75hz is low.

85hz is minimum you should play at...unless you don't care about your eyes

I've used 75 Hz for 5 years so far, no problems here :s

ive never goit that problem and i play at 75hz, when you play thye game take a break for a few secs and look at something that is about 20 feet away for about 5-10secs then ply the game some more. i find that helps with eye strain and playing game on pc. even when reading i do that and it works. but ya if it dont stop go see an eye doc and get their opinion.