Unlocker.. for Windows 7 ?

I'm sorry if it's been asked before,I used search and couldn't find anything.

Is there any other software similar to Unlocker that works on Windows 7 ? I'm running W7 Build 7127 x64.

Wish Unlocker would work,I got used to it. :( It installs fine,it even shows the shell extension if you use Total Commander (doesn't show in W.Explorer) but it doesn't work.

Unlocker is only 32 bit capable, it won't work in any 64 bit OS. However the author is working on a 64 bit version, although there is no timeline given for its release.

If you happen to have MalwareByte's Anti-Malware already installed I believe it contains a tool called FileAssassin which can also be used for removing locked/in use files. Lockhunter looks pretty nifty though.

If you happen to have MalwareByte's Anti-Malware already installed I believe it contains a tool called FileAssassin which can also be used for removing locked/in use files.

I know you said this but, FileAssassin deletes locked files, not unlocks locked files, which is different than what Unlocker does.

I would hate for someone to try to use FileAssassin to try to use it like Unlocker and they end up deleting the uxtheme files(used alot for the uxtheme patch), or any other system files. ;)

I know you said this but, FileAssassin deletes locked files, not unlocks locked files, which is different than what Unlocker does.

I would hate for someone to try to use FileAssassin to try to use it like Unlocker and they end up deleting the uxtheme files(used alot for the uxtheme patch), or any other system files. ;)

Good point, I should have read the original post more closely. I incorrectly assumed that TEH-EViL was trying to delete some annoying infection or something...

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

To all the people who praised Lock Hunter after they installed it okay, have you actually tried to use it? It doesn't work. Told me temp files Chrome and Windows had open were unlocked when they were obviously in use and very much locked, and because of that didn't show the option to Copy. Of course when I tried to delete a Chrome temp file using LH, it says "Can't delete file!" Well, duh..

*sigh* Waiting for Unlocker to go 64bit.