Outlook Connector for Office 2010

I have want to connect to a hotmail account with Outlook 2010, but it says it needs Outlook Connector. I tried installing Outlook Connector for Office 2007, but it won't install because Office 2007 needs to be installed. I can't seem to find Outlook Connector for 2010, anyone know where to find it?

I have want to connect to a hotmail account with Outlook 2010, but it says it needs Outlook Connector. I tried installing Outlook Connector for Office 2007, but it won't install because Office 2007 needs to be installed. I can't seem to find Outlook Connector for 2010, anyone know where to find it?

I hasn't leaked yet. I don't even know if such thing exists. If you have to access your hotmail, you can use POP3, or go back to Office 2007.

• 4 weeks later...

Try again... If the Outlook connector 2007 does not work for you then delete the hotmail account in Outlook 2010 and restart all over.

It will ask you automatically to install Outlook connector when you set up a hotmail account. Just hit yes and the system does the rest.

See screenshot of Outlook Connector plugin in Outlook 2010

post-24527-1245326762_thumb.jpg

Try again... If the Outlook connector 2007 does not work for you then delete the hotmail account in Outlook 2010 and restart all over.

It will ask you automatically to install Outlook connector when you set up a hotmail account. Just hit yes and the system does the rest.

It's not neccessary to install the Outlook Connector in order to add a hotmail account to Outlook 2010. You can just do it by setting up a Pop3 account. Only difference is that it doesn't receive your created folders, only the inbox.

Use the following settings:

- username: your complete emailadres : example@hotmail.com

- password: as usual

- Incoming mail server: pop3.live.com

- Outgoing server: smtp.live.com

Check the box in front of "Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)"

Then go to "more settings" and the "Advanced" Tab.

- For the incoming Server use port 995

- Check the box in front of the SSL sentence

- as SMTP-port use 587 and with "use the following type of encrypted connection" select "TLS" out of the dropdown menu.

That should do the trick!

It's not neccessary to install the Outlook Connector in order to add a hotmail account to Outlook 2010. You can just do it by setting up a Pop3 account. Only difference is that it doesn't receive your created folders, only the inbox.

Check the box in front of "Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)"

- as SMTP-port use 587 and with "use the following type of encrypted connection" select "TLS" out of the dropdown menu.

OH, what can I do if I want to synchronize calendar from Windows Live calendar to outlook?

Yeah but he loses all advantages that come with using the Outlook Connector, which basically makes it act like an Exchange account for him. Sure you can setup an Exchange server and just use POP3 to access it, but what would be the point in that?

I made a Live account just to test the Outlook connector and it is definately nice to have.

As to the OP I don't have Office 2010 or I'd check on it myself to see if I could get it working. I'd try Pirla's suggestion if you have not already, it seems to work, but might be spotty to work.

Yeah but he loses all advantages that come with using the Outlook Connector, which basically makes it act like an Exchange account for him. Sure you can setup an Exchange server and just use POP3 to access it, but what would be the point in that?

I made a Live account just to test the Outlook connector and it is definately nice to have.

As to the OP I don't have Office 2010 or I'd check on it myself to see if I could get it working. I'd try Pirla's suggestion if you have not already, it seems to work, but might be spotty to work.

I tried Pirla's suggestion too~~~

It works!!! Thx for Pirla's suggestion!!!

I've uploaded the file for 32-bit version. Here's the link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/250575388/Outl...nector.exe.html

ok, installed latest build of office 2010, it works very well but it won't install outlook connector. For some reason it keeps saying you need outlook 2003, 2007 or 2010 but obviously it's already running.

I tried deleting and adding the hotmail-account already, didn't work.

ok, installed latest build of office 2010, it works very well but it won't install outlook connector. For some reason it keeps saying you need outlook 2003, 2007 or 2010 but obviously it's already running.

I tried deleting and adding the hotmail-account already, didn't work.

Yeah. I got the same problem here. x64 Office 2010 with x64 OC 2010 and getting the same error. It wont install.

post-50898-1247537485.png

post-50898-1247537490.png

is that the latest version? I just got accepted into the Tech preview for it and was curious as the OC was updated just a few days ago according to the site.

Yes. this was thh OC 2010 x64 version

I tried to install the latest version of Outlook Connect but I keep getting the error message that I need to have Office 2003, Office 2007, or Office 2010 installed.

I have Office 2010 installed.

How do I successfully install Outlook Connect for Office 2010?

I saw your screen shot showing that you successfully installed Outlook Connector with Outlook 2010. How did you do this?

Every time I try to install Outlook Connector (12.1 64-bit), I get an error message saying that I need to install Outlook 2003, 2007, or 2010.

But I have Office 2010 64-bit installed.

How were you successfull??

I wish Oracle and MS would get into a legal fight over the name Outlook Connector because I never know which one these threads are talking about. At least that would settle it.

OK guys for here goes for those that have had difficulty trying to install this worked for me.

1. Click the Office Orange button.

2. Click Account Settings.

3. Then Click new account.

4. Then fill in details and then click bottom option "Manually Configure server settings ...................

5. Click OK.

6. On the chose server option click the other option and in the menu below it should show "Outlook Connector"

7. Click Next

8. Fill details in click next.

9. Then click send recieve all folders. It will ask for Outlook retart and that is it :)

Not sure why they have hidden it so well as this is the main reason I normally stear away from Outlook and stick with Live but hey ho works for me now :)

• 10 months later...

I upgraded my Office System Pro Plus 2007 (and Outlook Connector v12) to Office Pro Plus 2010 (and Outlook Connector v14), I had 3 hotmail accounts (Passport and Live ID) and at the end of upgrade, my migrated Outlook 2010 with Outlook Connector crashes continously on one of my hotmail accounts, so to use Outlook I had to delete that account (and i was not able to use it)!!

The solution is to use Pirla's (are you Italian?) suggestions and uninstall Outlook Connector.

I needed only a little missing suggestion:

in "other settings..." for the "outgoing mail Server" Tab:

- Check the box in front of "The outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and

- Leave checked the option "Use the same settings as for incoming server"

if you want to be able to send and not only to receive mails.

:rolleyes: For Italian people that have difficulty with Italian versions of Oulook 2010 I wrote here the complete suggestions.

Per gli italiani che hanno difficolt? a seguire le impostazioni degli indirizzi hotmail (@hotmail.com o @hotmail.it) senza bisogno di Outlook Connector riporto l'intera procedura tradotta.

Impostazione manuale di un nuovo account Outlook:

- nomeutente: indirizzo completo mail (ad esempio nome@hotmail.it)

- password: (quella dell'account di cui sopra)

-Server posta in arrivo: pop3.live.com

-Server posta in uscita (SMTP): smtp.live.com

-spuntare la casella di "Richiedi accesso con authenticazione password di protezione (SPA)"

quindi andare a "Altre impostazioni..." e per la scheda "Server della Posta in uscita":

-Spuntare la casella di "Il server della posta in uscita (SMTP) richiede l'autorizzazione" e

-scegliere "Utilizza le stesse impostazioni del server della posta in arrivo" (scelta predefinita)

poi nella scheda "Impostazioni avanzate":

-usare la porta 995 per il server posta in arrivo (POP3)

-spuntare la casella di "Il server richiede l'autorizzazione crittografata (SSL)"

-usare la porta-SMTP 587 e in "utilizzare il tipo di connessione crittografata seguente" selezionare "TLS" dal menu a tendina.

E tutto funziona per tutti gli account senza pi? crash di Outlook.

Ciao a Tutti

Rinog47