OS X On a Dell Inspiron 530s?

Okay, so I tried to install OS X on my Dell - but finding the correct drivers was insanely hard. I tried using <snipped> and it was just not a good experience. <snipped>

Here's what I got going.

s58ydu.png

Don't go off and say "Just buy a Mac" either, too broke to try that right now.

All and any help is appreciated ;]

Edited by John S.
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=announce&f=186&id=30

You need to purchase a Leopard disc before we can help you. The rules on OS X on non-Apple hardware says quite clearly that Piracy (e.g. using pre-made images of the entire Mac OS) are against the rules here at Neowin. However guides with Patches that utilise a retail Leopard or Tiger disc are fine. If you want the best help for this I suggest the InsanelyMac forums.

I think it's against forum rules to discuss circumvention of software in these boards. OSX on a non-mac counts in this regard, IIRC.

Pretty sure I've seen some discussions on this topic before without any problems. Hence me posting here.

It's a "thin ice" subject, so i'd advise you to tread carefully. OSX on non-macs is dicey at best.

Finding drivers for a Dell laptop might be harder than it sounds. You might try a more generic desktop first, theres often more success with those.

As some have mentioned, using cracked/ready to boot softare is not allowed as it means you did not buy a legit copy of OSX. However, putting a legit copy of osx on non mac hardware is LEGAL people. Steve (Neobond) has already ok'd this, as it does not break the T&C it only means you will not get official support from Apple themselves.

On subject however, if you tell us what doesnt work, then we may be able to assist you better.