Photo

[rel] Gmail Notifier Plus for Windows 7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
944 replies to this topic

#916 phe

phe

Neowinian

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:55

^That's because the notifier only works with the larger icons in the superbar :)

You are right, that was the reason!

Thanks!

#917 bernedef

bernedef

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 17 October 2010 - 17:58

Thanks for this tool !

#918 Cory94bailly

Cory94bailly

Neowinian

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:42

Every time I open it, it just says "Gmail Notifier Plus has stopped working" (image below).
Posted Image

I have tried running normally and as administrator. I am the only user on the computer (So I am an admin), I have disabled all of the stupid security popups from Windows 7, and my antivirus program doesn't give any warnings.

I open it and about 3-5 seconds later, I get the error. No other windows appear at all.

I downloaded it from MediaFire in the main post.

Any help? :)

#919 aznkid25

aznkid25

Neowinian

Posted 06 November 2010 - 22:36

Every time I open it, it just says "Gmail Notifier Plus has stopped working" (image below).
Posted Image

I have tried running normally and as administrator. I am the only user on the computer (So I am an admin), I have disabled all of the stupid security popups from Windows 7, and my antivirus program doesn't give any warnings.

I open it and about 3-5 seconds later, I get the error. No other windows appear at all.

I downloaded it from MediaFire in the main post.

Any help? :)

Do you happen to by running the Windows 7 SP1 beta? That might have something to do with it. On another note, is this program still being developed? Any upcoming updates?

#920 Cory94bailly

Cory94bailly

Neowinian

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:26

Do you happen to by running the Windows 7 SP1 beta? That might have something to do with it. On another note, is this program still being developed? Any upcoming updates?

Nope, Windows 7 Ultimate and I get all updates.

#921 andrew_

andrew_

Neowinian

Posted 22 November 2010 - 15:48

I'm still poking at it from time to time. Anyone is free to fork the project on GitHub as well. We never did get the original source from the original author, so keep in mind that the source on github is exported from Reflector and still has some issues.

#922 ashvinvk

ashvinvk

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:17

please add a quick reply feature. a popup box that can be activated by a reply button in each email.

then in the popup box, let us choose reply/all/forward

then type in the message and hit send or save.

convert the jumplist 'compose mail' to this fashion.

for reference, check out the gmail compose mail in Digsby IM

#923 andrew_

andrew_

Neowinian

Posted 26 November 2010 - 15:47

Love it when people register to post their demands. LOL.

#924 laynevans

laynevans

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 15 December 2010 - 00:52

Im getting a .NET error... almost everday.... anyone else seen it?? fixed it??
Posted Image

#925 pominator

pominator

Neowinian

Posted 17 December 2010 - 21:09

Thanks for this great app.

I think that the settings window should always open when you don't have any account set. The first time I opened the application (v2.1), settings window opened, when I realized a new version was available (v2.1.2) then the settings window was not oppening anymore at start. I finally found the good window but I think it would be more worry less if ppl don't have to search for it.

#926 bdsams

bdsams

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 December 2010 - 19:21

a lot of requests, and not so many devloping! Wonder if we could put this up on the front page asking for folks to contribute to the project.

#927 andrew_

andrew_

Neowinian

Posted 15 January 2011 - 15:59

Might not be a bad idea. The github repo I started is still up and relevant. The original author is silent despite many attempts on my part to contact him.

#928 nvx

nvx

Neowinian

Posted 27 January 2011 - 16:19

Hello everyone,

I would like to propose an enhancement: slightly larger taskbar icon overlay text (i.e., new mail count) or at least more intensive shadow under the number so that it can be read more easily. Alternatively, the number could be on some kind of a background element, say circle (a darker shade of the app icon colour, i.e., for red envelope a bit darker red circle with white mail count etc.).

Thanks for considering this.

nvx

#929 andrew_

andrew_

Neowinian

Posted 31 January 2011 - 19:43

(Reminder: That code that I'm working from is hosted here; https://github.com/s...l-Notifier-Plus. The original author of this app has abandoned it and was unresponsive to requests to release the source code. Reflector was used to export the source from the application binary and this is what we're working from in order to get a functional Gmail Notifier Plus that we can maintain, fix bugs in and update with new features.)

Got some work done on this today and got the settings dialog functional. As of this posting, the following still needs to be remedied before it's usable:

• Icon reference errors (missing icons)
  • Errors checking mail.
  • Mail notification numbers. (I removed the 99 different images that contained the numbers).
  • Add an advanced error hook and report dialog from Kapsules to the app. Should prevent some total crashes and will provide some diagnostic information.

As always I'll post as I have updates. Really hoping to finish off everything today as exceptions are occurring on a more frequent basis on my machine and it's really bugging me.

#930 andrew_

andrew_

Neowinian

Posted 01 February 2011 - 00:23

Well, this is how far I got tonight; I've done away with the old overlay method that the original author used, and opted instead to replace the entire window icon when new mail arrives. Here's a picture of the app supporting 99 emails, which was the old app's maximum:

Posted Image

And here's the (long-awaited by some) ability to support more than 99 emails:

Posted Image

I need to do some research on the interop api being used for this, as there could be some minor resource leakage I need to button up. Still have a bunch more to do on this to get it usable, but feel free to download and compile the source from GitHub in the meantime.