It's out! HL2 Online previews!

some of those screenshots look exellent, Doom 3 looks better but for sure HL2 is going to be a better overall game

I wonder what mods they're gonna build off of HL2?

In the previews it seemed (OK, it pretty much said, lol) they'd make more games based on the Source engine from previous game series... DOD, CS, etc ;)

Do you guys know if HL2 will be released on the Mac? I don't know how long I'm going to be able to live without Counter-Strike!! I love that game, and I just finally started getting good at it right at about the same time I bought my Mac.

I wonder what mods they're gonna build off of HL2?

the biggest reason why HL became so popular with mods is becuase it was well documented, had good tools and was easy to code for.

unfortunatly same can not be said about Q3/UT. as you can see most games released for these engines are generally complete games requiring much more effort to code.

let's hope HL2 will follow HL1's style

the biggest reason why HL became so popular with mods is becuase it was well documented, had good tools and was easy to code for.

unfortunatly same can not be said about Q3/UT. as you can see most games released for these engines are generally complete games requiring much more effort to code.

let's hope HL2 will follow HL1's style

For sure, Newell said that the engines was made thinking about mods

so did Carmack and ...that UT/ut2k3 guy.. both of them said they were thinking about modding community, and yet unfortunaly neither turned out all that good.

Do you guys know if HL2 will be released on the Mac? I don't know how long I'm going to be able to live without Counter-Strike!! I love that game, and I just finally started getting good at it right at about the same time I bought my Mac.

If they do, don't expect it to be out at the same time as the PC version. Honestly, I doubt you'll get HL2 for at least a few years.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/scree...l_pic_94294.jpg

either unifished level or something like MGS VR mission

You don't like to read, do you? :laugh:

what's there to read? it's a screenshot

Test maps are orange, so you can play them before having to add textures. That way you can hammer all of the level problems out beforehand before adding textures.

Pun intended? :D

That wouldn't exactly be a pun (even if I would have intended it to be), that'd be a grammatical error on my part.