[Official] Forza 3

Yea that's my concern as well with the sofa, not sure if I can put a chair where my sofa is without the Mrs raising eyebrows :)

It's worth trying on your sofa - if you have a low slung coffee table or something you can get your feet under for the pedals, you should be fine.

I think it's a bit of a daft idea having a desk-clamp on the unit though - for something designed for use with Xbox / televisions.

A lot of people are saying that it is hardly worth the install of disc 1 because the load times are maybe a fraction of a second faster lol. I just do it so the damn drive is not spinning. My console was manufactured in July of this year to lol.

Ughhh. That damn 100k in a single lap for drift is a pain.

Just tryed on Kaibo (sp) on reverse and for my first time learning how to drift I managed to pull 57,511. I really don't feel like spending another 11 minutes attempting it. Though I'm getting better at drifting shouldn't be to long to snag it.

Rewind is your friend for this.

Shift Cockput View Video

Hmm I can see what they are doing and it is kinda clever and realistic in a way but the main thing that makes me feel weird is the zooming in/out which I'm guessing they are doing for sudden changes in speed? I've never driven a car fast enough to make my head go back that quickly so I'm not sure.

Yeah it is, I've been in a car that was going quite fast and suddently brakes and that happens....obvious not to the degree that Shift does it (but the same can be said about the blur, that doesn't really happen either :p) which is why they often call that "hyper-realism" because if they made it true 1:1 copy of reality, it be quite boring (well I think so and many game developers feel the same). However, all that said the Shift cockpit cam is probally one of the most awesome cockpit cams I've ever experienced and does provide an exhilarating experience! that is my 2 cents take with a grain of salt.

EDIT: Nice screenies guys :) I can't get mine off the 360 as I only have a Silver account, really does suck you even need gold to upload pics! (it sucks more you can't get them off the 360 directly or put a USB drive in there and save them to that...)

Edited by Xerxes

Anyone install Disc 1? Does it speed up loading alot?

I installed it, didn't improve much at all :(

Am I wrong thinking that the LE version was meant to come with a free theme? I don't see it.

Have to say that I love the idea of the custom paint jobs on this. However the game hasn't prompted me to go buy a 360 like I was hoping it would do.

I installed it, didn't improve much at all :(

Am I wrong thinking that the LE version was meant to come with a free theme? I don't see it.

Yeah the LE edition comes with Free theme, but apparently there was an issue. So they are trying to resolve this and see how we can all download it, or fix the current download, and we re-download it again.

And yes install to HDD did not dramatically improve loading, but keeps the Xbox quiet :p

Just broke the level 35 mark.

Still not given it a try online. I'm worried it will be a destruction derby every race or people will start leaving if they're not winning. I wouldn't mind seeing how well my "skills" transfer online.

Finding the game to be unplayable on live with friends at the moment because the lag is so bad.. I think the servers are getting hit hard. Keep running into a bug where the lag makes cars bounce around like elastic on the track and, on quite a few occasions now, I've suddenly warped through my friends car which basically smashes my car to pieces (every component red) making it undriveable and the race is over.

It's dreadful and it's certainly neither of our internet connections as we played Forza 2 against each other lots and lots without any issues! :(