[Official] Forza 3

Really... because how often will you see the other cars.

As the T10 guys said, in computer games, it's really about first place. people NEVER go for second, when you see you get second you restart.

So Effectively, even with 8 cars,you will usually only ever see 4, and 3 of them mostly in your rear view mirror as you keep them behind and try to get ahead of the one in front.

So more cars would only act as obstacles in long endurance races, and since noone plays more than 45 minute races and few even that, that would mean that the cars would have to be artificially slow to even be that.

basically, more than 8 or 10 makes little sense.

:blink:

These games are simulators, they aren't really simulating that well if they can't have one of the most important things, the right amount of cars for the game modes they're offering.

Even the minute we knew about GT5 getting NASCAR there were people saying are we only going to get 16 cars max? I mean NASCAR has what, 43 cars or something?

Then there's Le Mans at 50 cars is it?

Obviously there is far from enough technical horse power to do 43 cars, let alone 50 at the fidelity of these games, heck I think next generation would even struggle at 43. Therefore the best compromise is to get as many cars as possible for these big racing events.

The only thing that's a little disappointing for me so far with Forza is that, the amount of cars on the track. Not so bothered about realtime day/night cycles (I assume there will be static time, such as day OR night races), weather would be nice though... then everything else I know so far looks great.

The Forza 3 GameStop Exclusive Limited Edition comes with:

* Forza Motorsport 2GB USB Storage and keychain: Show off your Forza pride with these specially branded items.

* Forza Motorsport VIP Membership* and Exclusive Car Pack*: Want to be a top painter, tuner, driver or just more active in the community? VIP membership is the way to get yourself noticed. Includes special treatment within the online Auction House, Community Storefront and on the Forzamotorsport.net forums. Also includes 5 of the hottest cars from the roster of Forza Motorsport 3, available only through your VIP membership.

* Exclusive Collector?s Edition Car Pack*: This one is for the fans. This pack includes 5 cars that have been hand tuned and hand painted by the developers at Turn 10 to fly the Forza Motorsport colors.

* Exclusive Forza Motorsport 3 Theme:* Customize your Dashboard experience with this limited availability Xbox 360 theme.

*Requires access to Xbox LIVE

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=75078

I wonder if they'll do a similar limited version over here.

They should bundle a 4GB USB drive, not a 2GB. Then cram it full of 1080p videos and screenshots. :p

Have they found some new processing power inside the Xbox360 to deliver such amazing new Gfx for Forza 3? It almost make Forza 2 look like a game for the original Xbox....

Those are all screenshot, I wonder how it will really look for real.

Have they found some new processing power inside the Xbox360 to deliver such amazing new Gfx for Forza 3? It almost make Forza 2 look like a game for the original Xbox....

Those are all screenshot, I wonder how it will really look for real.

Just a case of more time and teaching each other. Most games will improve on engines throughout their lifecycles.

You could look back to the original Tekken on the PS1 and compare to Tekken 3 massive leaps.

tekken-1-ps1.jpg

443204-319764_super.jpg

It certainly does make the first 360 version look rather scrappy though.

• 2 weeks later...
Irnoic thouhg since from news I've read so far.. Forza 3 doesn't have day/night cycles.. so they were probably driving day only for 24 hours. That's not really realistic. I wish that the news are false as there was no official confirmation from Turn10 but I'm not holding my hopes up.

Bad news, it's been confirmed...

Forza 3: No weather, night racing, or rally - http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/game-types/...036;1310204.htm

I hope it has weather and night racing, rally i don't really mind. But it be cool to race in the dark ;)

I hope it has weather and night racing, rally i don't really mind. But it be cool to race in the dark ;)

I posted the answer to that right above you :p

There's been a few rumours that the game will also introduce a weather system, night racing and even off-road rally racing like Gran Turismo 5's inclusion of World Rally Championship.

However, Turn 10 community manager Che Chou has come out to refute those claims (at least for now) on the official Forza MotorSport 3 forums: "No weather, night racing, or rally in the game."

• 2 weeks later...

New pics of soo many nice cars

One car i can't wait to drive is the Ford Focus Rs Turbo and the lilttle Alfa Mito :p

2gt0kqs.jpg

2qmkry0.jpg

2w1xkif.jpg

fdww8i.jpg

30jpg.jpg

FM3_LandRover_RangeRover_2jpg.jpg

FM3_VIPcars_4jpg.jpg

It's good that they are adding some little hatchbacks. Getting tired of driving supercars and what not. Like the little 1.6litre engine Ford Fiesta S.... be a challenge ;) lol

Turn 10 better not disappoint, the graphics better look like the ones in the pics.

Turn 10 better not disappoint, the graphics better look like the ones in the pics.

Well seeing as they are in game I would think they will :p Look around there are some in game vids out too.

Yeah, what we've seen in videos seems to suggest that's what it will be like ingame. People won't be best pleased if it turns out they've been spending a tonne of time on releasing touched-up screenshots rather than cracking on with getting the game ready. You expect it from EA, but not Turn 10.

Bad news guys. A friend sent me this...it was posted by Che on Neogaf, some dude who's working on F3.

"Many interesting theories. The truth is that cockpit FOV is something that we've been tuning for all cars for the past... I dunno, a while now. The E3 Audi R8 perspective was one setting we moved away for playability reasons. Looked nice but ultimately was a waste of real estate. Moving the FOV forward had nothing to do with framerate."

AKA FROM THIS:

241nu60.jpg

TO THIS:

j17m2t.jpg

:puke:

you cant even see out of the mirrors anymore. should have just kept it what they had before. not to mention it just looks better.