[Official] Forza 3

This does look very very good, and Im looking forward to getting my hands on it for sure!

The only question that I want answering is "How many cars on the track at once?!"

I'm really hoping it's not 8, double that to 16 and that will be awesome!!

Better wait for the new one that will probably come out around Forza 3's release.

Yeah, well I would wait until it's out. The only other racing game I have right now is Burnout, and I'm fine playing that with a controller. This new one is the Porche one?

I never like Burnout Paradise. It was too hectic and busy in the city that I couldn't recognize where to drive. It was just too overwhelming. GRID on the other hand is probably the best arcade driving game I've played so far. It's unbelievably fun.

hmm, I'd still bet that rewinding is a difficulty setting just like the optimal line , optimal line brake color, ATC, ABS.... all that stuff. And while there may not be a direct penalty for using the rewind in game, having it one, probably reduces the global difficulty level , reducing your prize money by some amount. Unless they ditches that whole thing with price money being lower the more assist you have on. Wich I wouldn't be entirely against, as I like the guy inthe video think that the important thing is to enjoy the game. if I enjoy the game with automatic gears and traction control and ABD and anti spin and a simple opitmal line, then so be it, why should I get less prize money than someone who enjoys playing it more "harder"

It looks a lot better than I could possibly have imagined on the 360, and I really like the sound of that rewind feature. I never bought Forza 2 because the demo was so unforgiving if you made just one error. I'm very tempted to pre-order this now. Are we Brits getting the limited edition?

I never bought Forza 2 because the demo was so unforgiving if you made just one error.

It is a simulation game after all... you can't just expect to leave the track and everyone else wait for you to catch up...

I fell in love with Forza2, now it got even better. Even the graphics are smoking now, can't wait.

This is not only a GT5 Killer, It goes leaps and bounds ahead of it.

By the time GT5 comes out (2011?) it will already be dated.

Lets hope lots of DLC comes with Forza 3 aswell in the future.

It looks amazing!

I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread but Forza3 will come on 2 Discs. The 2nd Disc will install to the hard drive and the game will play off of the 1st disc. There really must be tons of content on there.

I think the idea of having the rewind function sounds terrible.I was a massive fan of Forza 2 because it was the most realistis racing sim available at the time, and took ages to master, and even at that, I never fully did.Qith this new function it takes away some of the "skill" required to win the races, and I know sometimes its frustrating crashing on the last lap and coming in 4th but having disappointment in games is needed.I think it takes away some of the true simulation of the game and puts it into the arcade/sim category along with GRiD and a few others which I never totally enjoyed because it was still very very arcadey.

Each to their own I suppose, but I really really hope that they havent dumbed down Forza 3 in order to get some of the NFS crowd involved

You have to remember that all these assists are optional so I don't see the problem.. If you want to play it like a sim, turn of assists, if you're not that hardcore the rewind function is a welcome addition imo.

I agree with Remysaus. You don't have to use these features. And I am guessing they'll do something similar to Forza 2 where the less assists you use the more you earn. Which is a great way of doing it. I am not someone who enjoys replaying a race because I keep spinning out on the 6 lap. That kind of stuff put me off finishing Forza2 entirely.

This actually looks much more impressive than I thought it would. Any side-by-side comparisons against Forza 2 or GT5?

This looks very impressive. Almost good enough to make me buy a 360 in time for the Forza 3 release.

I never really did like the graphics in Forza 2, but damn. Forza 3 looks amazng.

How is it a GT5 killer? What does it have that GT5 doesn't? We still don't know too much about it yet, so calling it 'leaps and bounds' ahead is quite a statement. Less cars? Less Tracks (Inc mirrors)? NASCAR and WRC licence?

Until both games are out and we know exactly what they are capable of and the features they have then we have no clue. For the record, I think the graphics on GT5 are actually better than those of Forza but that's my opinion.

From what we've heard GT5 is closer to release than most think apparently so 2009 doesn't seem too unrealistic.

We still don't know too much about it yet, so calling it 'leaps and bounds' ahead is quite a statement. Less cars? Less Tracks (Inc mirrors)?

I think 400+ cars and 100+ tracks is good enough already. Fortunately they focused their efforts on cool things rather than the number of cars...

I think 400+ cars and 100+ tracks is good enough already. Fortunately they focused their efforts on cool things rather than the number of cars...

I agree those are more than enough tbh, what I'm saying is that we still don't know what features GT5 will be bringing to it yet. We know of the NASCAR and rally side of it, something missing from Forza I believe. If done right the rally could be great, if done wrong and with rubbish handling, it would well stink.

As said, I'm not going to call either of the games better till they are out, also as mentioned in the other Forza thread, if it really turns out great I may well have to buy a 360 again for it :)

I'm hoping they put some decent AA in it this time around, that was one of my biggest gripes with Forza 2, these shots sure look extremely good.

Also can't wait to remake my Neowin car :laugh:

neowin2.jpg

I want that design! lol

I'm so gonna be picking up forza 3 and a 360 along with getting my forza 2 back >.<

I think the idea of having the rewind function sounds terrible.I was a massive fan of Forza 2 because it was the most realistis racing sim available at the time, and took ages to master, and even at that, I never fully did.Qith this new function it takes away some of the "skill" required to win the races, and I know sometimes its frustrating crashing on the last lap and coming in 4th but having disappointment in games is needed.I think it takes away some of the true simulation of the game and puts it into the arcade/sim category along with GRiD and a few others which I never totally enjoyed because it was still very very arcadey.

Each to their own I suppose, but I really really hope that they havent dumbed down Forza 3 in order to get some of the NFS crowd involved

you can probably disable the rewind feature by selecting a lower difficulty setting,or using a custom difficulty, just like you disable the optimal/brake/gas line in forza 2 and the other stuff.

This is an added feature, it doesn't dumb down the regular game at all. and it's there so you can please both the hardcore sim racers who still get the best sim there is out there while us more casual racers who still want a realistic game can enjoy it without getting frustrated about a minor stupid mistake at the end of the nurburgring .... Might be surprising, but there are actually people that don't think it's fun to restarts a 15+ minute race because of one damn miss.

and it's not like it can even be used in multiplayer anyway.

I'm with you there, GT5.. is like Duke Nukem Forever... taking ages to come out.. they been working on GT5 since 2004 i think ... its 2009 now lol They showed a trailer in what 2006... so it just proves that Forza 3 will own! Anyways i like Forza for engine sounds, very true to what you get in real world.

Not really surprising, dunno why everyone thought it ran at 1080 native, but I guess he said it in one of the backroom interviews, as I recall he never said it on the actual onstage demo though, which he would if it was native.

The only way I'd actually care is if I had a projector and a 100-200 inch screen for it though.... I don't....

Looks absolutely amazing...this may be a game that will force me to purchase a X360.

your just now doing this?... did you overlook Forza 2?, as that was THE reason i got my XBox360 back in April 2007 (about a month before Forza 2 came out) .... and pretty much still is the sole 'real' reason i got my XBox360 to this day.

Forza 3 will be a 2nd reason i got my XBox360 ;)

... and as usual, play Forza games with ALL ASSISTS OFF! (that's crucial to having the most fun and challenge from Forza series in general as when the assists are on it pretty much ruins the game as it takes all the SKILL OUT OF DRIVING.)

p.s. Mafia II (which is the main game i want BY FAR right now!) would be great on the XBox360 to (due out early 2010) but that game is a must play on PC type game since aiming on a consoles analog stick is just to difficult vs a PC's mouse.

your just now doing this?... did you overlook Forza 2?, as that was THE reason i got my XBox360 back in April 2007 (about a month before Forza 2 came out) .... and pretty much still is the sole 'real' reason i got my XBox360 to this day.

Forza 3 will be a 2nd reason i got my XBox360 ;)

... and as usual, play Forza games with ALL ASSISTS OFF! (that's crucial to having the most fun and challenge from Forza series in general as when the assists are on it pretty much ruins the game as it takes all the SKILL OUT OF DRIVING.)

p.s. Mafia II (which is the main game i want BY FAR right now!) would be great on the XBox360 to (due out early 2010) but that game is a must play on PC type game since aiming on a consoles analog stick is just to difficult vs a PC's mouse.

for YOU. in fact there are a lot of people who enjoy playing sim racers without turning off function that in many cases are in the actual cars anyway.

just because it's more fun for you doesn't mean it's more fun for everyone, I enjoy just playing the game, and racing realistic good looking cars, without having to actually be a race driver.

btw, for the race types where the drivers actually have a lot of these assists on the cars (Afterall, ABS, TC and Antispin among others all come from racing) I guess it takes the skill out of these drivers too...