[Official] Forza 3

• Please log in to reply
631 replies to this topic

#16 OP Boz

Boz

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 03 June 2009 - 17:45

Damn...it looks insane. I want to see in-game though, not Replays, as we all know how Forza 2 ended up looking. :p

Watch the videos.. The last one.. you have the view from inside as they are racing from the start point. It's exactly the same. Super slick.

#17 stezo2k

stezo2k

Anjunabeats

Posted 03 June 2009 - 17:49

omg this looks amazing. i am really tempted to preorder the special edition. sounds awesome

#18 IceBreakerG

IceBreakerG

Local Ninja! Code Ninja That Is.

Posted 03 June 2009 - 17:54

interesting article:

http://e3.gamespot.c...port-3-hands-on

Sounds good, I loved this feature in GRID

That sounds like a great feature to be honest. One of the things I really hated about racing games in general is to have a nearly perfect race and be in the lead until the last lap, then you lose it and wreck. That's 20-30mins down the drain and you gotta do the "entire" race all over again. More times than not, that ****ed me off to the point where I didn't even want to play the game anymore after that. Sometimes it can be a simple mistake like you had to scratch something real quick and you couldn't get your hands back fast enough. It happens :(

#19 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 03 June 2009 - 17:57

That sounds like a great feature to be honest. One of the things I really hated about racing games in general is to have a nearly perfect race and be in the lead until the last lap, then you lose it and wreck. That's 20-30mins down the drain and you gotta do the "entire" race all over again. More times than not, that ****ed me off to the point where I didn't even want to play the game anymore after that. Sometimes it can be a simple mistake like you had to scratch something real quick and you couldn't get your hands back fast enough. It happens :(

Expect to lose most of your prize money for the race if you use or have that feature on though.

#20 WelshBluebird

WelshBluebird

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 June 2009 - 18:02

Pretty sure GRID had a feature like that where you could rewind time a bit. I didn't buy the game, but it mechanic seemed quite good in the demo.

#21 mail

mail

Posted 03 June 2009 - 18:10

Expect to lose most of your prize money for the race if you use or have that feature on though.

http://www.gametrail...otorsport/50496

No penalty.

#22 Ji@nBing

Ji@nBing

Moonlapse Vertigo

Posted 03 June 2009 - 19:32

Looks like I'm going to have to re-buy the racing wheel I sold after I was done with Forza 2.

#23 Unrealistic

Unrealistic

Laughter is all we have.

Posted 03 June 2009 - 19:41

Watch the videos.. The last one.. you have the view from inside as they are racing from the start point. It's exactly the same. Super slick.

I stand corrected.

#24 DigitalE

DigitalE

Tree Climber

Posted 03 June 2009 - 19:47

I absolutely cannot wait for Forza 3. :woot:

#25 Remysaus

Remysaus

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 June 2009 - 19:52

Looks like I'm going to have to re-buy the racing wheel I sold after I was done with Forza 2.

Better wait for the new one that will probably come out around Forza 3's release.

#26 Scazza

Scazza

___/\____\o/____ - Shark!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 19:52

This does look very very good, and Im looking forward to getting my hands on it for sure!

The only question that I want answering is "How many cars on the track at once?!"

I'm really hoping it's not 8, double that to 16 and that will be awesome!!

#27 Ji@nBing

Ji@nBing

Moonlapse Vertigo

Posted 03 June 2009 - 20:02

Better wait for the new one that will probably come out around Forza 3's release.

Yeah, well I would wait until it's out. The only other racing game I have right now is Burnout, and I'm fine playing that with a controller. This new one is the Porche one?

#28 OP Boz

Boz

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 June 2009 - 20:13

I never like Burnout Paradise. It was too hectic and busy in the city that I couldn't recognize where to drive. It was just too overwhelming. GRID on the other hand is probably the best arcade driving game I've played so far. It's unbelievably fun.

#29 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 03 June 2009 - 21:33

http://www.gametrail...otorsport/50496

No penalty.

hmm, I'd still bet that rewinding is a difficulty setting just like the optimal line , optimal line brake color, ATC, ABS.... all that stuff. And while there may not be a direct penalty for using the rewind in game, having it one, probably reduces the global difficulty level , reducing your prize money by some amount. Unless they ditches that whole thing with price money being lower the more assist you have on. Wich I wouldn't be entirely against, as I like the guy inthe video think that the important thing is to enjoy the game. if I enjoy the game with automatic gears and traction control and ABD and anti spin and a simple opitmal line, then so be it, why should I get less prize money than someone who enjoys playing it more "harder"

#30 what

what

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:54

It looks a lot better than I could possibly have imagined on the 360, and I really like the sound of that rewind feature. I never bought Forza 2 because the demo was so unforgiving if you made just one error. I'm very tempted to pre-order this now. Are we Brits getting the limited edition?