[Official] Forza 3

for YOU. in fact there are a lot of people who enjoy playing sim racers without turning off function that in many cases are in the actual cars anyway.

just because it's more fun for you doesn't mean it's more fun for everyone, I enjoy just playing the game, and racing realistic good looking cars, without having to actually be a race driver.

btw, for the race types where the drivers actually have a lot of these assists on the cars (Afterall, ABS, TC and Antispin among others all come from racing) I guess it takes the skill out of these drivers too...

sure technically assists could be used if you wanna compare to real life.. but i think between 'fun' and all around CHALLENGE 'in the game', the game pretty much MUST be played with assists off... especially if your taking the game seriously in terms of 'who is the best at it' ... because it's much easier for a lesser skilled player (when assists are ON) to compete with a higher skilled player (who is using NO assists) when normally the higher skilled player would blow out the lower skilled player had he been using no assists.

my point is is with assists off... you cant just hammer the gas pedal or brakes as you will lose control (when assists are OFF vs ON... just much easier to keep the car on the track when assists are ON. takes less skill to play the game) ... that's my main argument in favor is using no assists.... basically you have to use 'skill' when controlling the gas pedal and brakes as you have to feather them properly otherwise your going to lose it ESPECIALLY on higher powered cars like Ford GT40 and stuff of that sort.

Forza 2 pretty much sucks when assists are on. sure the casual gamer might not care but anyone who is serious about Forza 2 knows playing with assists on pretty much ruins the game and cheapens the overall feel of it.

p.s. for me personally most of the cars i like driving dont have any of that ABS/Traction control/stability etc anyways in real life..... like Ferrari F40 (my favorite 'Super Car' of all time).... and muscle cars in general like Shelby Cobra/Shelby GT500KR etc...... Ricers (i.e. jap cars) pretty much suck.

p.s. on a side note... i think the only major flaw with Forza series is that it needs to get QUALITY sound samples from cars in real life... because alot of those cars dont sound like they do in real life and the ones that sound decent sound WAY to weak... because take a Ferrari F40 for example that car sounds much better in real life (well based on videos i seen of it :) ) then it does in the game and SOUND is a big part of making the game great.... to bad Microsoft dont care about this aspect of the game :( ... they need to spend most of there development time in getting the sound accurate for each car (or at least the major ones) because most of the rest of the game is pretty much close to perfect already.

either way though.... Forza series is pretty much THE KING of sim based racing games... much better than the overrated Gran Tourismo series on the Playstation... and i say this as a former big fan of those games to.... but once forza 1 came along on xbox1... the GT series pretty much became obsolete.

Edited by ThaCrip

I think the comment about the sound effects is pretty wrong to be honest - I don't think there are many driving games out there which are as good as Forza 2 in terms of sound effects. It captures the V8 grumble quite nicely, turbo and superchargers sound pretty decent (and do vary), and V10 cars such as the Porsche Carrera GT have that same kind of howl as they do in reality.

Coming from playing Test Drive Unlimited to Forza 2, the difference is night / day in terms of how good it sounds. TDU is dire in comparison!

I was just thinking yesterday, in the time they've been developing Gran Turismo 5, 3 full Forza games will have been developed and released :laugh: :rofl:

I was just thinking yesterday, in the time they've been developing Gran Turismo 5, 3 full Forza games will have been developed and released :laugh: :rofl:

Post that in the GT5 thread and you'll get your response, you douche :laugh:

Seriously Munky ...

There's obviously a reason for it, a game like Gran Turismo requires .... The graphics will ... Oh look, a bird!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-fo.../50683?type=flv

What's that steering wheel and is that what's goign to replace the current 360 wheel ? it's got lots of cool buttons with blue lights in them (yes, I'm easily impressed by teh shiny:p)

that doesn't look like a guide in the center though

So right after I posted that, I hit play again and he started talking about the wheel and focused in on the wheel itself... meh :p

Funny how all the developers who try to show off the rollovers are utter fail at crashing cars :)

Edited by HawkMan

Seriously Munky ...

There's obviously a reason for it, a game like Gran Turismo requires .... The graphics will ... Oh look, a bird!

:laugh: Forza BLOWS away GT I have never liked that game... And seriously its been what over 5 years it's been in dev. and still not release :laugh:

Well they could release GT5 before the relase of Forza 3.... It's so done they can release it any time they want you know...'

strange how they aren't then :p

Well they could release GT5 before the relase of Forza 3.... It's so done they can release it any time they want you know...'

strange how they aren't then :p

They still got another two million cars to implement or perhaps they are really going overboard with the details; "Functioning cigarette lighter" - Oh boy!

They still got another two million cars to implement or perhaps they are really going overboard with the details; "Functioning cigarette lighter" - Oh boy!

:rofl: that cracked me up.

HAHA, ahh it's vaporware like duke nukem, they have been defeted by the almighty Forza :p Prolouge was it so enjoy!!!! :D

I always felt that GT has very tight steering control, it was little better in forza 2. I haven?t played the demo but will see how forza 3 & GT5 doing in that section, I don't care monkey's ass about gt offering detail specs and forza offering decals.

... and as usual, play Forza games with ALL ASSISTS OFF! (that's crucial to having the most fun and challenge from Forza series in general as when the assists are on it pretty much ruins the game as it takes all the SKILL OUT OF DRIVING.)

No way would I have fun with the assists off... it would just get painfully annoying. And I am not prepared to sit in front of the TV for hours trying to master a racing game. Hell, it got annoying with some of the assists on at times. That's why I'll be using the rewind function!

That is indeed awesome, I will be buying my first steering wheel with Forza 3, that alone will be expensive enough so I don't know if I'll get this stand.. it's priced at 100 euros.. :/

Hmm, is there a stand like that availale for the Logitech G25? I might be able to get a G25 very cheap from a friend. :p

Why can't they release this on the PC? It would be the best! :cry:

Hmm, is there a stand like that availale for the Logitech G25? I might be able to get a G25 very cheap from a friend. :p
Other makes:

Logitech: Driving Force, Driving Force Pro, G25

Microsoft wireless wheel

So yep, they make one for G25.

i am not sure what to look at the cars, the wheels or the girl demo-ing the wheel ... i will go with the latter ...

i wonder is short shorts are included .... man ... We love short shorts ......

i like the rollover feature, games nowdays should come with extensive damage and parts failures .... graphics should remain the same (they are good enough) but small details seem to be lacking ... like tire wear, punctures, fluid leaks, suspension damage, bumper/chasis damage and so on .... not to mention dynamic weather and potholes/rain/fog/snow/cold/warm/high altiture and just everything that makes a racing game fun .... atmosphere.

So yep, they make one for G25.

Cheers, didn't see that. :p

The price is a bit steep though; ?100 including shipping, so about ?85, which is more than what I can get the G25 for:D :D

The Fanatec steering wheel, stick, and pedals add up to 480 USD, plus the stand is another 130 USD. Luckily though it works on PC and PS3 as well. And they only make 5000 of them before they sell out. Enjoy.

But you can't say it's not worth it.. just look at that beast.. and not only that but it's a true car experience.. I mean manual transmission with the clutch, leather material.. this is high quality stuff.. I'm definitely getting the whole set. I've been waiting for this stand for so long cause my regular Microsoft Wheel is awful to use from the couch.