[Official] Forza 3

Wow you took the wind out of that sail :(

I had to.. I don't want people seeing ordinary Deloreans and saying it can go Back to the Future. lol. :laugh:

So I FINALLY got my Forza 3 Ultimate Collection delivered today, saw it was two discs, one labelled an installable content disc, so first thing I did was install it (thinking it would be the intelligent thing to do). Now when I go to play the game it tells me to install disc 2 but then crashes the console on me because it's already installed :( very sad now been waiting to play this game for months.

So I FINALLY got my Forza 3 Ultimate Collection delivered today, saw it was two discs, one labelled an installable content disc, so first thing I did was install it (thinking it would be the intelligent thing to do). Now when I go to play the game it tells me to install disc 2 but then crashes the console on me because it's already installed :( very sad now been waiting to play this game for months.

Actually installing it on the dashboard won't do anything. it'll install it but the game own't see it. you need to install it through the game, it'll install it differently somewhere else. otherwise you'll have it installed twicem one usable and one useless :p

Put in disc one first and follow the instructions on the screen, do not install the game to your hard drive until you have followed all the instructions on the first disc. I made the same mistake when I bought my original copy :)

• 4 weeks later...

I been playing GT5 a fair bit and I have to say while the photo mode is obviously incredibly beautiful, the gameplay is just not as good as Forza, the physics dont seem as dynamic, the maps themselves seem kindof plain (especially when the 'premium' models are so detailed - they look out of place) - the main difference though is the framerate - I had my PS3 and 360 runnin at same time, I played a course in GT5 then quickly switched to the channel my 360 was on and the difference was unbelievable - as Forza is closer to constantly being 60FPS, you really feel way more like your moving fast.

The ONLY thing I prefer in GT5 is the modelling (handling, sound and graphically) of the integrale in it, it is IMO by far the best modelling of an integrale yet, and just about beats Forza 3's (though GT5 loses respect for having 12,000 rpm on the clock rather than 9,000).

One thing I never understood in Forza 3 though is why you can't get the 'Bianco Pearlatto' (white anisotropic/'flip' paint) paint colour for the integrale anymore - it was there in Forza 2 :(