WWDC '09

Is this the same Steve Wozniack that was on Dancing with the Stars?

Yup. :yes:

How gorgeous does this look? Me want. :D

custom_1244218790311_iphone4gohne.jpg.jpeg

Light-years measures distance not time >.<

"[distance] ahead" still works.

Light-years measures distance not time >.<

I want an iPhone so badly but making myself wait until the new one is released!

I know it's annoying. I'm with T-Mobile right now and a few months ago bought the G1 just cause every other phone T-Mobile has sucks, when this new iPhone comes out I'll be jumping over to AT&T (I'm on a shared plan, so I'm not really breaking a contract just dropping a line).

i doubt jobs will be involved at all...

after hearing some more uhh... "information" I've changed my mind. He may not be back for the WWDC, but I'm now pretty sure he'll be back this monthish.

I know it's annoying. I'm with T-Mobile right now and a few months ago bought the G1 just cause every other phone T-Mobile has sucks, when this new iPhone comes out I'll be jumping over to AT&T (I'm on a shared plan, so I'm not really breaking a contract just dropping a line).

As far as I know, or at least how ATT/Sprint does it, each line on a plan has a contract. If you get a family plan with 4 lines, you sign 4 contracts. Each contract has it's own ~$175 cancelation fee. Again, that's how ATT/Sprint does it, but don't be surprised...

Yup. :yes:

How gorgeous does this look? Me want. :D

<snip>

For a mock up, that looks stunning. Honestly, if the new iPhone is like that?! Thinner & a slight design change, then I think it will make me get it over the N97.

I just want this new iPhone to be different to the 3G, I dont want a re-hash. The 3G wasnt overly different to the 2G and this is why I just kept my 2G. Come on Apple, I love you guys but I need something different looking to make me get this new one!!!

custom_1244218790311_iphone4gohne.jpg.jpeg

^ That is quite simply, stunning!

Is it just me or does that appear to have a bigger screen? I have no doubt that Apple wouldn't have designed anything remotely that gorgeous, plus they may be a little concerned with the "Zune HD" style home button.

That does look outstanding though.

*looks at iPhone 3G .... looks back at mockup .... hmmmm (<- Homer Simpson Style).*

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/2009...4gohne.jpg.jpeg

^ That is quite simply, stunning!

Is it just me or does that appear to have a bigger screen? I have no doubt that Apple wouldn't have designed anything remotely that gorgeous, plus they may be a little concerned with the "Zune HD" style home button.

That does look outstanding though.

*looks at iPhone 3G .... looks back at mockup .... hmmmm (<- Homer Simpson Style).*

I love that mockup. I would have made the top speaker (I dont know the name of that part in english) more like the current iPhone.

Could it be possible that it may actually be the real thing? I've seen a couple image of the 'mock-up' and they all seem to have that kind of rubbery smooth back to it. If its looks half as good as the mock-up I'd get it. Though, I am hoping for something totally different from Apple, with the iPhone video link thing and the image of the mock-up it seems unlikely.

Yeah, when I read about "Light-years" I asked myself the question, but when we think about it, there's an expression in English that says "this company is miles ahead of his competitor", so the distance works perfectly.

That iPhone mockup... I saw it on HardMac (Macbidouille in fact) and god that it looks awesome! The matte plastic would be perfect, and we don't need that glowing logo in the back, as it would seem like a screaming "STEAL ME" logo more than anything... I know it wouldn't consume any energy at all because it's lit by the screen, but it'd make iPhone users look like attention ######.

So when is the keynote? Monday or Tuesday? Edit: Monday. Should have read the first post. And it kicks in at 1PM EST if it follows the tradition?

Edited by PsykX

That mock up is tasty but it wont happen. They wont make the screen that large without upping the resolution and that would cause an issue for all the app creators out there when there sweet looking apps end up with a nasty black border.

Still would be nice to see a proper 16:9 ratio screen

Picture1.png

Is this the new iPhone?

Sure, it's Palm's big day, but that doesn't mean the Apple rumor mill is taking a break -- check out this pic of what might be the new iPhone set to drop on Monday. Yep, that's a matte black casing with no chrome border, a what looks to be a front-facing camera, and iPhone OS 3.0, so it certainly lines up with what we've heard -- but it wouldn't exactly take a Photoshop master to do this one up either. One more pic at the read link -- anyone believing this?

Update: Nowhere Else seems to be down at the moment, so we've stuck the other pic after the break.

Link: http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/06/is-this-the-new-iphone/

06-06-09iphonerum.jpg

06-06-09iphonerum2.jpg

Bah! I want to know whats new! :p

44 hours until the Stevenote... I mean Philnote.

Patience, young padawan.

Woz is just saying that because he is a major shareholder(conflict of interest). Now if Bill Gates said Steve Job is in good health then I would believe that :D

and that would be a conflict of disinterest