CM4 Enhancment Pack 3 release

SI Games have released EP3, the third patch for Championship Manager 4. This includes loads of bug fixes (list here) and a data update. Saved games will work but starting a new game will ensure all improvements are included and will use the data update (which includes 2 new leagues). Offical pages and mirrors here:

Offical pages/downloads:

Page for with data

Page for without data

Blueyonder (fast, 63KB/s on 64KB/s DSL):

Full, 45.5MB

Patch but no data, 13.8MB

play.game.net:

Full, 45.5MB

No data, 13.8MB

Throw-in.com:

Full

No data

Installed it and CM4 is still buggy as heck!! Oh well, I will be posting another bug list in the CM4 forums again

I gave up on the game. CM is a great game, but CM4 is just pure crap. Ain't gonna waste my time again with such a buggy game.

Its a joke that there are so many errors, i have 56k and cannot be expected to download a 40meg file, especially becasue my ISP cuts me off every 2 hours. I've stopped playing it already, boredom set in, especially with the slow speed of the game.

I wonder if we could all get out money back because of the negligent way that SIGAMES put this piece of "software" together?? :blink:

Ye but then i have to be running a program that isnt fully updated and that just ain't cricket. I shouldnt have to sacrifice the latest data becasue of their negligence. I can't remember a high speed connection being listed as a system requirement? Quboid - plese note, this isn't a dig at you!

It's not cricket when you update it either, still football... :)

I don't think it's fair to criticise them on the data. When they released the game the data was up to date. This update is for the changes from the game going gold to EP3 being complete. This is something they didn't get wrong * and updating it was something that they have no obligation to do. If the data (250,000 players, about 50 countries with thousands of teams) takes 32MB, that's what it takes and SIGames can't do anything about it. This is a free service!

* OK, there are mistakes. A few players have the wrong positions but that's to be expected when the game has so much data. Also, future transfers were broken (eg. the 2 young French players to Liverpool, forget there name), but I gather this was a bug in the game not recognising future transfers rather than the future transfers not being there in the data.