Program to change the logon screen each logon.

Update 2.2.1.2 Beta

For those of you who were interested in the ability to include internet images, there is now a release that includes this. You can see it at http://www.lukepaynesoftware.com/lsrotator/beta

This update can download images from RSS feeds or static internet images. There is also now an option to allow the application to decide which is the best button set to use on a per image basis. Many scenarios in which people were unable to use the program have now been resolved as well.

---

Update 2.1.0.2

smallview.png

This new version includes an option to display images rather then image lists.

There is now an option to disable history.

A few bug fixes as well.

Download ZIP: HERE

Download RAR: HERE

Edited by luke_smily_face

Looks nice and useful. Is it using that OEM logon background trick to change the backgrounds? :D

Yeppo, nice and easy lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Very nice piece of software.. My question is does this employ all the options that tweaklogon does for windows 7.. For example finding the max resoloution you can use to keep the file size down below the threshold? etc..

Thanks

Yatti

Charge like ?10 for it, then upload the cracked version to some torrent tracker and bam! instant popularity

LOL So true.

Is there a reason the image can be no bigger than 256kb?
I believe it's due to the Windows logon limitations.

:yes:

Thanks everyone for having a look =)

I believe it's due to the Windows logon limitations.

A good program :) Well done.

Ah yeah guessed that was probably the cae. Great programme though well done.

What are the login image limits aside from size being 256kb? Is there s res limit of some sort? I'd guess no?

As long as the file is called backgroundDefault.jpg and lives in %windir%/system32/oobe/info/backgrounds, and is under the size limit, it shuold be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

I have updated the application to include some new things such as automatically resizing images that are too large and to change the interval which the logon screen is changed.

screenshotnew.png

You can download the new version HERE

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the Emails, etc. I have received about this program. It has now been updated again.

It now supports an unlimited amount of images, you can add folders of images and has various other enhancements.

You can download it HERE

v2.png

I like the software, but there is a major problem with it's use, or I am not doing something right.

Multiple users....

I have 2 users on my computer. When it is just me logging in, it works fine (i have not tried 2.0 yet)

As soon as the other user logs in, it blows up and no longer works till I re-run it under my account.

I also tried running it under both users, but it just doesn't work.

I will need to wait till I get home and run some tests on 2.0 to give more in-depth description of the problem.

If you are aware of the issue. I might suggest trying to make it an all users function.

The fact now that you can have unlimited number of images is very awesome.

but again, it needs to work for all users (no matter how many users login) on a PC.

DOH!! I forgot to fix this up, I originally only set it up to be used by one user but was going to make it for all users. I'll have a look into it and post back when i've got it fixed up.

Thanks guys :)

I like the software, but there is a major problem with it's use, or I am not doing something right.

Multiple users....

I have 2 users on my computer. When it is just me logging in, it works fine (i have not tried 2.0 yet)

As soon as the other user logs in, it blows up and no longer works till I re-run it under my account.

I also tried running it under both users, but it just doesn't work.

I will need to wait till I get home and run some tests on 2.0 to give more in-depth description of the problem.

If you are aware of the issue. I might suggest trying to make it an all users function.

The fact now that you can have unlimited number of images is very awesome.

but again, it needs to work for all users (no matter how many users login) on a PC.

DOH!! I forgot to fix this up, I originally only set it up to be used by one user but was going to make it for all users. I'll have a look into it and post back when i've got it fixed up.

Thanks guys :)

Thank you for the quick reply and the program. If you can fix this, you absolutely have a winning program that can not be beat.

Well, I have not tested 2.0.

But I think I will keep checking back and wait for next version. Then give my glowing recommendation and maybe a mirror if you need it (maybe), I'm on godaddy, so I don't know what the bandwidth would be like. In respect to alloted monthly traffic.

Thank you for the quick reply and the program. If you can fix this, you absolutely have a winning program that can not be beat.

Well, I have not tested 2.0.

But I think I will keep checking back and wait for next version. Then give my glowing recommendation and maybe a mirror if you need it (maybe), I'm on godaddy, so I don't know what the bandwidth would be like. In respect to alloted monthly traffic.

As a side note, Multiple users is not broken in 2.0 anymore.

It still works when the user who set it up logs in it changes. When another user logs in, it just keeps the last picture till the orignal user logs back in, then it changes again. This was not the case in the 1.x versions.

I am looking forward to the next version.

Thanks Luke.