33 posts in this topic

Posted

[url="http://torrentfreak.com/pirate-party-wins-and-enters-the-european-parliament-090607/"]http://torrentfreak.com/pirate-party-wins-...liament-090607/[/url]

Has no-one posted this yet?

Posted

Im suprised no-one on hear sees this as important or am I missing another thread?

Posted

:x

Posted

Do they stand for the right reasons..?

Posted

BNP wins a seat also, a party made up of criminals and racists.

Posted (edited)

So far... [url="http://www.elections2009-results.eu/en/sweden_en.html"]one seat[/url], but I don't really care about them. Troll party.

[quote name='limok' post='591102994' date='Jun 8 2009, 00:28'][acronym="British National Party"]BNP[/acronym] wins a seat also, a party made up of criminals and racists.[/quote]
Our "BNP" has won ****. Nothing changed since their first day. :yes: Edited by tiagosilva29

Posted

YESSS!!!!!!

Posted

lol @ the people in this thread that hate this.

Posted

[quote name='limok' post='591102994' date='Jun 8 2009, 00:28']BNP wins a seat also, a party made up of criminals and racists.[/quote]

You could probably apply that to all parties though. But it is true the BNP have a historical bad reputation and are still not "good" or a party I would vote for, however they are changing and the reason population are shifting towards them is becoming more valude. Such as locally one person became a candidate after he lost his job in the post office for being unable to serve someone who couldnt speak a single word of English. Im not one saying you must speak a language to visit a country, if you live there attempting to learn would be useful.... but in the press I believe the customer had been an illegal immigrant.

[quote name='tiagosilva29' post='591103002' date='Jun 8 2009, 00:28']So far... [url="http://www.elections2009-results.eu/en/sweden_en.html"]one seat[/url], but I don't really care about them. Troll party.[/quote]

Under a new treaty Swedens seats will increase to 20 I think - although that suggests 1 seat for every 5% - in reality its less once you remove all those who do not qualify for a single seat. So the 7.1% will likely gain them 2 seats in the very near future once the treaty is passed.

Posted

Woah. Thanks for the article this is cool. Quick! Someone post it on Neowin's news!

Posted

[quote]With 99.9% of the districts counted the Pirates have 7.1 percent of the votes, beating several established parties. This means that the Pirate Party will get at least one, but most likely two of the 18 (+2) available seats Sweden has at the European Parliament.

Update: Sweden has 20 seats, but until the Lisbon treaty passes only 18 with voting rights. This means that the Pirate Party will have 2 seats.[/quote]
Good job there, Pirate Party! :cool:

[quote name='mmck' post='591103032' date='Jun 8 2009, 00:40']You could probably apply that to all parties though. But it is true the BNP have a historical bad reputation and are still not "good" or a party I would vote for, however they are changing and the reason population are shifting towards them is becoming more valude. Such as locally one person became a candidate after he lost his job in the post office for being unable to serve someone who couldnt speak a single word of English. Im not one saying you must speak a language to visit a country, if you live there attempting to learn would be useful.... but in the press I believe the customer had been an illegal immigrant.[/quote]
Yes, they're not as bad anymore as they were, but still no party I would give my vote.
That with the post office worker really p*ssed me off, so I can see why people would vote for them. If you decide to live in a certain country, you ought to be able to speak the country's language - I think that should be common sense.

Posted

[quote name='limok' post='591102994' date='Jun 8 2009, 00:28']BNP wins a seat also, a party made up of criminals and racists.[/quote]

That's who i voted for.

Posted

I didn't think anyone was worth voting for tbh

Posted

[quote name='FrozenEclipse' post='591103016' date='Jun 8 2009, 00:31']lol @ the people in this thread that hate this.[/quote]

+1 :laugh:

Posted

[quote name='yurithedragonhalf' post='591103110' date='Jun 8 2009, 01:01']That's who i voted for.[/quote]

i was gonna vote for BNP until the sign said "no muslims or N****" :( maybe next year :rolleyes:

Posted

[quote name='mmck' post='591103032' date='Jun 8 2009, 00:40']You could probably apply that to all parties though. But it is true the BNP have a historical bad reputation and are still not "good" or a party I would vote for, however they are changing and the reason population are shifting towards them is becoming more valude. Such as locally one person became a candidate after he lost his job in the post office for being unable to serve someone who couldnt speak a single word of English. Im not one saying you must speak a language to visit a country, if you live there attempting to learn would be useful.... but in the press I believe the customer had been an illegal immigrant.[/quote]

Come back and tell me they've changed when they field a non-white non-English born candidate.

Posted

[quote name='peacemf' post='591104506' date='Jun 8 2009, 10:49']i was gonna vote for BNP until the sign said "no muslims or N****" :( maybe next year :rolleyes:[/quote]

Eh? When have they had such a sign?

Posted

[quote name='peacemf' post='591104506' date='Jun 8 2009, 10:49']i was gonna vote for BNP until the sign said "no muslims or N****" :( maybe next year :rolleyes:[/quote]

i dont see why anyone would vote bnp unless as a protest vote, there policies are pure lulz, of course a person could always be the sort of bigoted ****wit that they appeal to but you dont seem to be

Posted

The fact that parties like the Pirate Party and BNP are democratically winning seats just goes to show you that nothing has changed in the world. Europe preaches to others acting like it's own sh*t doesn't stink, like they have somehow magically changed between WWI and WWII and now. But events like this are complete and definitive proof of the contrary.

I'm no equal rights advocate, I often make jokes at the expense of gays, blacks and even women. But this isn't a joke. This is real and I am truly sickened by it. People often ask me why I don't go live in Europe. It would be so easy for me, they say, since that is where I was born and I still have so much family there. Events like this are why I would never even consider it.

There is no sense of responsibility or morality to these ballot casts and threads attempting to glorify it are [i]not [/i]helping, with the damned internet basically being run by and giving the loudest voice to a bunch of spoiled bratty children who want every freedom and no responsibilities. Those are my two cents.

Posted

A protest vote for the BNP is childish and stupid. Any vote that is not for the current MP/MEP would surely be a protest vote..

If you think that the BNP politicians would not be just as bad at abusing the expenses system you must be incredibly naive.

As for abstaining -> that is how the BNP got their seat. They actually got less votes this time around than in 2004 for two seats.

Posted

[quote name='C++' post='591104614' date='Jun 8 2009, 11:32']The fact that parties like the Pirate Party and BNP are democratically winning seats just goes to show you that nothing has changed in the world. Europe preaches to others acting like it's own sh*t doesn't stink, like they have somehow magically changed between WWI and WWII and now. But events like this are complete and definitive proof of the contrary.

I'm no equal rights advocate, I often make jokes at the expense of gays, blacks and even women. But this isn't a joke. This is real and I am truly sickened by it. People often ask me why I don't go live in Europe. It would be so easy for me, they say, since that is where I was born and I still have so much family there. Events like this are why I would never even consider it.

There is no sense of responsibility or morality to these ballot casts and threads attempting to glorify it are [i]not [/i]helping, with the damned internet basically being run by and giving the loudest voice to a bunch of spoiled bratty children who want every freedom and no responsibilities. Those are my two cents.[/quote]

Please, do not lump us all in with the ignorants and lazies. I know many people who are absolutely disgusted at the BNP winning seats and take voting very seriously.

Posted

[quote name='C++' post='591104614' date='Jun 8 2009, 11:32']The fact that parties like the Pirate Party and BNP are democratically winning seats just goes to show you that nothing has changed in the world. Europe preaches to others acting like it's own sh*t doesn't stink, like they have somehow magically changed between WWI and WWII and now. But events like this are complete and definitive proof of the contrary.

There is no sense of responsibility or morality to these ballot casts and threads attempting to glorify it are [i]not [/i]helping, with the damned internet basically being run by and giving the loudest voice to a bunch of spoiled bratty children who want every freedom and no responsibilities. Those are my two cents.[/quote]

Yea... and everyone from where you live thinks like this.

Posted

[quote name='Persephone' post='591104670' date='Jun 8 2009, 11:57']Please, do not lump us all in with the ignorants and lazies. I know many people who are absolutely disgusted at the BNP winning seats and take voting very seriously.[/quote]

Agreed completely! That these fascists are gaining votes is nothing but shameful!

And I think that anyone who shirks their responsibility and doesn't vote should lose the right to vote in future.

Posted

[quote name='Persephone' post='591104670' date='Jun 8 2009, 05:57']Please, do not lump us all in with the ignorants and lazies. I know many people who are absolutely disgusted at the BNP winning seats and take voting very seriously.[/quote]
I didn't say [i]all [/i]Europeans were like that. But does it matter? Clearly there are [i]many enough [/i]Europeans like that to give each of these parties a seat. Possibly even 2 seats each at this point. You could be the nicest European out there. But your chain is still only as strong as it's weakest link.

Posted

I'd never vote for the BNP, but I don't really care about the Pirate party getting votes. I would like to see the UK's multicultralism policy toned down a bit, without meaning to sound racist, most foreigners that come into my country have more rights than British citizens do, and that is something I would like to see get changed

[quote name='C++' post='591104816' date='Jun 8 2009, 12:36']I didn't say [i]all [/i]Europeans were like that. But does it matter? Clearly there are [i]many enough [/i]Europeans like that to give each of these parties a seat. Possibly even 2 seats each at this point. You could be the nicest European out there. But your chain is still only as strong as it's weakest link.[/quote]

Flawed logic at its best