Concurrent User Connections a server make

For years this has been bugging me - and from what I'm reading it looks like I might be doomed soon. I'm an animator & compositor who HAS to use WIN2K Server as a worksation in order for my multi-machine render-farm to access the project files (video clips, texturemaps, and other digital content creation resources) and for those render-farm nodes to deposit their finished frames. This is all due to the simple limitation of WIN2K Pro/XP Pro not allowing more than 10 machines to connect conncurrently. This is MS's way of forcing the user of Server.

Do ANYONE know of a way to simply disable/workaround the 10 machine limit (other than reducing the size of my render-farm)? All I wish of MS is for them to make a special edition of WINDOWS called WIN-DDC Server/Workstation where there's a master install of the Workstation OS that allows the render-nodes to connect to it and only it. And each of those render-nodes would have a simple minimal OS version that can only connect to the Master DDC server/workstation. Cost could be $350 for the Master OS, and $40 per render-node (not a licence but a full Windows OS).

Help - I just don't want to have to install WIN2K3 and fight the Workstation conversion/limitations.

Welcome to neowin but i think your post is against the rules, disabling/working around the 10 machine limit would be a breach of the EULA

I understand - That's why I'm composing my reqquest for the special WIN-DDC version to MS. Thanks for the heads-up. This site looks very informative and I don't want to know as a hacker.

I understand - That's why I'm composing my reqquest for the special WIN-DDC version to MS. Thanks for the heads-up. This site looks very informative and I don't want to know as a hacker.

you're request is well ignored, get server.

Whatever he's "Doing" doesn't matter, a workstation has a 10 concurrent connection limit, because its a WORKSTATION platform. If you need Unlimited Connections get a server.

Even then, you'll need CAL's. :laugh:

If your just looking for a file repository, have you ever considered running Linux with Samba on an old box? unlimited connections and its free...