Your favorite (unforgettable) scenes from movies or TV shows

• 2 months later...

Batman Returns, when Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle discover they're Batman and Catwoman while talking about the mistletoe. I'm not joking, that scene always gave me goosebumps when I was little.

Mortal Kombat, when Reptile jumps through the wall and the narrator says "Reptile" and that awesome Traci Lords track comes on. My first "shiz just got real moment."

The Family Man, when Jack Campbell looks up into the street light while the snow is gently falling.

and...

"Korben Dallas Multi-pass"

...Wow, why am I so lame? lol.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The restaurant scene from Scarface. "Say good night to the badguy"

I got another one. This game me goosebumps when I watched it. The cars + the tune = holly ######. I didn't even knew this track till that episode and now it's one of my favorite tracks, never get tired of it.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tgi-j56ueU

Ride now! Ride now! RIDE! Ride for ruin... and the world's ending! Death! DEATH! Death! DEATH! Forth Eorlingas! ......CHARGE! :D

Noticed how the CG was so much better back then in the LOTR than it is now in the hobbit.

• 3 weeks later...

Any 10 consecutive minutes of Blazing Saddles. Laughed so hard my ribs hurt for DAYS!

Agreed, but of that entire goodness of a movie... The most stand out scene of them all... The beans around the campfire scene!

Laughed so much I puked!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This has got to be the most unforgettable scene ever for me. Very funny. Every time I watch it, I laugh my butt off. Matthew Mcconaughey nailed it.

*** WARNING: VIDEO HAS ADULT LANGUAGE ***

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/3/2015 at 8:26 PM, warwagon said:

Noticed how the CG was so much better back then in the LOTR than it is now in the hobbit.

Just shows how much of a rushed mess The Hobbit was.  They had years of planning for LOTR.

• 2 months later...

Mr. Holland's Opus, when he is surprised brought tho the auditorium to have all his former students perform his opus. Still brings a tear to my eye.

• 4 months later...
On 4/23/2015 at 7:48 AM, FloatingFatMan said:

Agreed, but of that entire goodness of a movie... The most stand out scene of them all... The beans around the campfire scene!

Laughed so much I puked!

Blazing Saddles and Smokey and the Bandit have the best/most one-liners of any movie.

I always thought this scene was the best example where the picture and the music come together and make it absolutely unforgettable.

Absolute cinematic masterpiece - Excalibur 1982

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

the mummy - camel race

sahara - boat chase

world is not enough - opening chase

tomorrow never dies - opening action scene with explosions

goldeneye - opening scene with the barrels, music

stargate - when they activate the gate, music

chain reaction - the big explosion scene

star trek twok - the battle scenes and opening music, any time khan spoke

star trek tsfspk - enterprise destruction

star trek 4 - music and the funny bits

first contact - opening battle and music

trek insurrection - music and battle

total recall (original) - music and the villians

robocop (original) - music and villian

starship troopers - pretty much the whole movie

event horizon - gave me nightmares when i first saw it (still at school back then)

poltergeist (original) - music and effects

those are just a few..

• 1 year later...

Was this topic recently pinned? I could have sworn I hadn't seen it before...? Anywho, the last "big movie moment" I saw was the meteor scene from Kimi no Na wa. It's on the cover. They tell you it's going to happen in the first scene. They show the comet start to fall. There's a scene partway through the movie where the comet does fall and it's implied it kills everyone, but it's kind of a flash forward. So when it happens for real, it's majestic AF. I wish it were on YouTube. An hour and 31 minutes into the movie if you got it, though. But if you have it, you shouldn't skip ahead, you should just sit down and watch it, it's one of the best movies I've ever seen — certainly the best animated film.

Actually, scratch that, this fan made music video shows the impact at 5:20. The video is actually for the song that plays during that scene, so that's how it sounds in the movie, except in the movie you'd get the impact sounds and all that, but if you just want the visuals and the music... well, that's about 85% of it. But what's really cool about the impact is, you see it before you hear it, because light travels faster than sound. One of many fine details they could have overlooked, but didn't. Anyway, see the movie (and skip the rest of the video as it contains spoilers).

Edited by dragontology
Added link

• 2 weeks later...

There are too many of them to list, however, the further back in time you go, the lesser choices you have, and the more pronounced and memorable they become as if they've been engraved in your mind.

One particular scene stands apart:

Gone with the wind - "I'll never be hungry again."

• Like 1