Installing SATA HDD and OS (WinXP)

That's it, just copy the whole contents of the 964_180 folder that's inside that FloppyImage folder to your floppy disk.

It should have a RAID folder, a SISRAID file with no file extension and that damn TXTSETUP.OEM file in it. :laugh:

These are the options:

You have chosen to configure a SCSI adapter for use with Windows, using a devince supporty sdisk provided by and adapter manufacturere.

select teh scsi adapter you want form the following list, or press ESC to returen to the previous screen.

Srv2003 32bit SIS Raid/IDE controller

WinXP 32bit

Win2000

Windows 64 bit sis raid

Sorry for typing, I'm on a netbook (tiny) :0

Now you should follow post #16. :) When it asks you to format your HDD, I'd select NTFS (Quick) if you can.

I don't usually like to celebrate until everything is said and done, but it's formatting now.

I'll make sure to pm everyone who helped, thanks a bunch.

Choose this one: Windows 64 bit sis raid

If it's formatting the drive then it's on it's way to installing XP. Glad to be able to help, it's what Neowin is all about. :)

Choose this one: Windows 64 bit sis raid

If it's formatting the drive then it's on it's way to installing XP. Glad to be able to help, it's what Neowin is all about. :)

Yippy!

Now, for a side question.

Is there much involved in making THIS drive my secondary drive and my old one, when I hook it back up, my main drive?

Yippy!

Now, for a side question.

Is there much involved in making THIS drive my secondary drive and my old one, when I hook it back up, my main drive?

If that's what you wanted to, it would've been much easier than what you had to go through doing it this way, :yes: but yeah you should be able to just clone/image the current drive and load it to your older one (because it'll now have the SATA drivers installed).

If that's what you wanted to, it would've been much easier than what you had to go through doing it this way, :yes: but yeah you should be able to just clone/image the current drive and load it to your older one (because it'll now have the SATA drivers installed).

Well, the original problem was the mobo wasn't reading the SATA drive without drivers, which I was told could ONLY be installed during the OS install and therefore, I "had" to install an OS.

:wacko: Ok I have one question before I re-read all of the above... :huh:

At the start of this topic it looked as if you wanted to install windows on a SATA HDD yes?

If you only wanted to add this drive you did not have to reinstall windows to do that.

Well, the original problem was the mobo wasn't reading the SATA drive without drivers, which I was told could ONLY be installed during the OS install and therefore, I "had" to install an OS.

I'm fairly certain that you could've just added the new drive, downloaded the drivers (the ones from the unofficial link) because I did see a .exe in the main folder and installed them, reboot and you're ready to go with your new drive as a secondary drive.

The only time you need to install the OS with the drivers is if your SATA drive is your primary boot drive.

I'm fairly certain that you could've just added the new drive, downloaded the drivers (the ones from the unofficial link) because I did see a .exe in the main folder and installed them, reboot and you're ready to go with your new drive as a secondary drive.

The only time you need to install the OS with the drivers is if your SATA drive is your primary boot drive.

I sent you a PM a minute ago.

On this comment, I thought it should be possible, but I was instructed otherwise. It's strange, because even adjusting some BIOS settings and putting in the drive (still undetected) Windows started the obligatory New Hardware dialogue asking for RAID Controller drivers. Oh well, though it would be interesting to test this in the future.

In either case, my latest message to you is about my lack of sound now. Apparently no audio device is installed for some reason, or at least the drivers for it. The device just has a yellow exclamation point by it.

The rest is in the message I sent to you, if we can't resolve it, I'll make another thread, I just didn't want to waste space.

I sent you a PM a minute ago.

On this comment, I thought it should be possible, but I was instructed otherwise. It's strange, because even adjusting some BIOS settings and putting in the drive (still undetected) Windows started the obligatory New Hardware dialogue asking for RAID Controller drivers. Oh well, though it would be interesting to test this in the future.

In either case, my latest message to you is about my lack of sound now. Apparently no audio device is installed for some reason, or at least the drivers for it. The device just has a yellow exclamation point by it.

The rest is in the message I sent to you, if we can't resolve it, I'll make another thread, I just didn't want to waste space.

You most likely just need the audio driver. I believe I saw one on the official MSI site. Should be able to just grab it and install.