Halo PC Screens

Xbox screens for comparison - xbox does not actually use FSAA ingame (its from a debug box) but it looks about the same on a tv due to the way the image is displayed

scrn_086.jpg

scrn_029.jpg

scrn_046.jpg

scrn_121.jpg

scrn_013.jpg

I am so getting the PC version. I've beaten it too many times on the Xbox, time to see how quick I can get through it on my PC :)

doesnt look too bad to me...cute... haha

I'm not saying it looks bad (although the invisibility is terrible compared to the xbox one - they redid it for the pc) it just doesn't look as good as the xbox version in my opinion.

I am so getting the PC version. I've beaten it too many times on the Xbox, time to see how quick I can get through it on my PC :)

Yeah me too, although its mainly the multiplayer I'll be buying it for.

Looks will vary based on the implementations as the PC version will have to be altered to accomodate all the different chips out there. The more capabilities the chip has, the better it will look. The NV35 and 9700/9800 Pro cards will make it look totally sweet. Besides which, it's slated for a fall release, so there is definitely a little while to go before release.

I'm definitely getting the game for the PC myself.

Most PCs will choke on this game so they obviously lowered the detail a bit

sure :shifty: what ever you say

and btw, game was ported by gearbox, the same people that screwed up that james bond game, i hope they didn't do the same to halo

and btw, game was ported by gearbox, the same people that screwed up that james bond game, i hope they didn't do the same to halo

Well it looks like they have graphically - the hud looks crap, and the new invisibility looks terrible (can't find a pic of the xbox one though :( )

well as long as they didn't use the half life engine again...

Dissapointing to be honest, you'd think they'd have some mad high resolution settings for maximum detail - and if thats it, it looks about 5 years behind the current GFX market....

It's the exact same engine, so they must have put the graphics on a lower setting or something. And, so you know, those Halo for "XBox" screens you have are of it on the PC as development/PR pics.

I'm not saying it looks bad (although the invisibility is terrible compared to the xbox one - they redid it for the pc) it just doesn't look as good as the xbox version in my opinion.

Yeah me too, although its mainly the multiplayer I'll be buying it for.

So when you say "looks crappy.." you mean "looks ok..."?

also the same people who were too stupid to fix a bug that didn't allow people with PPPOE connections play tony hawks pro skater 3 online for the PC.

also the same people who were too stupid to fix a bug that didn't allow people with PPPOE connections play tony hawks pro skater 3 online for the PC.

Also the people who made the great Tony Hawk ports, even if there was a bug (what the hell PC game doesn't?!). Also the people who made some excellent Half-Life expansion packs. Your point? A comapny can have duds and then have some good titles.

devs fault..not hardware buddy..what if an xbox had a 9800 in it...hmm..

the only reason pc games would lose any detail is because of the developers catering to the geforce 2 users out there..and the geforce2 is asskicked by any console..but I have a feeling my rig would totally crush this game at whatever detail at 4x antialiiasing and 8x anistropic filtering..the xbox version looks like a joke 2..hardly any shadows with just a little environment bumpmapping..very directx 7ish looking...

byt the way...have you seen a 9700 or 9800 in action? how in the hell can you keep saying that consoles hardware crushes current gfx cards? you have to remember the hardware is vastly superior on current PCs..but all of us are stuck with waiting until everyone else upgrades..