Making MP4 videos into a movie

What program can I use to convert various MP4 files into a movie? I'm using Windows 7 but Windows Live Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker won't import MP4 files. I don't need anything super professional, the cheaper the better.

For all movie and graphics making, I use Adobe products. To make movies you can get Premiere Elements for $139.99. You can also get a free trial and see if you like it first. I dont know of any other video making program. You can also use this to make the movie and convert it to something Windows DVD Maker understands.

I dont know of any cheaper/free ones so if somebody lists those, great!

I guess you mean use Super to convert it to another format. I guess I'll have to do that. Hopefully I won't lose any quality since my originals are at 720p. $140 seems a little steep for me to piece together my vacation videos :D I know, I'm cheap. My camera came with something but now I can't find the discs... :angry:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Windows Movie Maker just use system codecs? So if you want to import files of a different type, all you should need is a proper codec installed.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Windows Movie Maker just use system codecs? So if you want to import files of a different type, all you should need is a proper codec installed.

Unfortunately Windows Movie Maker is no longer a part of Windows 7, which is why I'm using Windows Live Movie Maker. It doesn't... :(

I guess you mean use Super to convert it to another format. I guess I'll have to do that. Hopefully I won't lose any quality since my originals are at 720p. $140 seems a little steep for me to piece together my vacation videos :D I know, I'm cheap. My camera came with something but now I can't find the discs... :angry:

I'm guessing by "movie" you meant a DVD? If so, I guess you can use Nero's DVD making program. It'll convert the video files and burn it to a disc with menu and all. Depending on the file sizes you can just burn them to a disk and the DVD player should play them.

I'm guessing by "movie" you meant a DVD? If so, I guess you can use Nero's DVD making program. It'll convert the video files and burn it to a disc with menu and all. Depending on the file sizes you can just burn them to a disk and the DVD player should play them.
Hopefully I won't lose any quality since my originals are at 720p

when did DVD's come out with with 720P?

The original movie is from my camcorder, which records at 720p. It's a bunch of 1-5 minute long clips that I'd like to join into one movie with smooth transitions and maybe even title cards between some scenes. And, yes, once it's finished I'd like to put it on a DVD.