New Longhorn UI "AERO"!

Just wanted to share how excited I was after reading Paul Thurrott's The Road to Windows "Longhorn" Part Two.

The new UI codenamed "AERO" has yet to be revealed which took me by surprise since the screenshots I have seen of the latest Alpha release of Longhorn seemed similar to XP with a few tweaks and enhancements.

I know ( hope ) they will blow away computing & technology enthusiasts with the new UI.

Give it a read if you're interested in details about the development of Longhorn.

Edited by ethernet

aero is probably the feature i am most looking forward to in Longhorn now, and I hadn't even heard of it before I read that article. :)

now, my big question is, is it going to be a new shell or a heavily modified explorer? because it could go either way at this point

Yup as I said to Paul I am glad he mentioned Aero, means I can mention it now too ;)

Looks like it will be a kind of 3 fold thing, Classic, XP and then Longhorns new UI. Should be fun for all those skinners ;)

man .. I need a time machine .. I should go to 2005, get a copy of LongHorn then come back and show off to everyone ! :devil:

um yeah.. ive heard so many people comment on the corners. They are simply showing off some visual stuff they are playing around with. They didnt bother with the small stuff.. they just wanted to show off a few things they were playin with. that simple

So Aero? By that do they mean, a replacement for 'plex' ?! If so, i'd like to see something that can't really be done with msstyles ... something more 2005!!!

I'm not only hoping for an overhaul with regard to the new visuals in Longhorn; but a more improved ability to interact with and be productive on the PC.

By this I mean :

1. Improved searching abilities ( WinFS )...fingers crossed!!

2. Improved file manipulation during copy or moving ( i.e. dragging files on folders open that folder, then when file is released all previous folders close...introduced by Apple.

3. A "Once And For All" ability to manipulate and enjoy all Digital Media ( Music - Video - Images ); along the lines of the iLife software by Apple.

Microsoft HAS to perfect this ....Once And For All!!

no offence, but aren't you breaking one of your own rules? the one about going to other threads and posting posts like that?

lol, reading my mind, huh?

I hope in LH they actually fix something i found very annoying. Administrator account on mky XP Pro system can't view all files, it should have supreme access to everything(like root). Except in some user directories i get Access denied and it makes me mad(old user dirs from a previous install of xp(folder still there)) and i can't open it, i have to use ftp to bypass the security... :blink:

didn't seem to wanna let em to anything to it, access denied to any edits in properties and stuff.

to my knowledge its just 'protected'

Oh great... Now that we have a codename for the next UI....

Watch all the new usernames...

Aero NeoAero and Gawd only knowns what others people will think of! :p :happy:

Oh great... Now that we have a codename for the next UI....

Watch all the new usernames...

Aero NeoAero and Gawd only knowns what others people will think of! :p :happy:

See, you've just given about a billion viewers an idea...

Look what you've done! :happy: