New Longhorn UI "AERO"!

When OSX Panther had a rumor of "Piles" showing up, some dude made an hypothetical scenario of Piles.

However, the only details we have about Aero is that its going to be "all new", and "nothing like ever before". Thats what they said about xp and bleh, we still have the damn start button.

The only thing that I can see happening so far with the news given is taht Aero will have a 3D accelerated interface... which means better performance/customization. However, I don't see how a "differently" propelled interface will eliminate the start button.

So far from what I'm reading, the new GUI will probably just be evolutionary, which is not an incentive enough to buy Longhorn. Until MS takes out that start button and makes a huge new revolutionary UI, I'm not jumping on the MS bandwagon. The changes from Mac OS 1 or whatever to 9 were also evolutionary, which stopped me from using the macintosh. However, a year later when I was laughing at my uncle because he had a mac (with OS 7), i visited an independent apple store and had a glimpse of OSX, which really began to make me think. I heard about many problems during the release of OSX, so I hesitated. But when Jaguar came out, I switched primarely because the interface was a nice refresh from the same ol' windows ****e i've been seeing since I was in the 6th grade=/ (And now I'm a senior in High School).

Apple doesn't pump nearly as much money into R&D as MS does, and yet (believe it or not) apple has made its mark on the IT world for its revolutionary products. Now I'm not trying to bash on MS and Mr. Gates is my idol, but at the same time I feel cheated for having to put up with the same interface since 6th grade. I've been paying 100s of dollars for windows 98, 98SE, 9 ME, 2000, and finally XP. If MS wants to sell, give us a brand new interface with the (nearly) infinite resources you have and start doing mass testing like y'all did on Office 2003... not only does it lessen the chance of "leaks" occuring but it also helps thousands if not hundreds of thousands contribute with ideas, bug fixes, opinions etc. which clearly make the software better.

This is just speculation, but the success of a mass beta testing program like that can be seen in Office 2003, where many people contributed ideas and bug reports as to force MS to give us the Beta 2 refresh.

Okay, enough of my ranting, I want something new, and give it now=D!

I just think MS needs to totally redesign their GUI... say.... something like Copeland (if any of you have seen Serial Experiments Lain you'll probably agree) :D :happy:

Hey I really think this is the wrong site to criticize anything about Microsoft. All MS fans rule this site !!!! I have tried criticizing MS before here but you get bashed with words for that!!!!!!!!!!!

hehhe like copeland hay...... thatd would be sweeet ^_^

lols does anyone remeber that reallly bad movie hackers....... (shudders) that'd be bad

ok, first, windows whistler is windows xp. and what u think microsft was gona do, keep the crappy 256 color icons? no, naturaly they would make them better. and i bet you, icons in longhorn will be ever better then xp. ever gave that any thought? now, if u want more info on longhorn, here is a few websites i have found

Microbeta.net

winiebeta

i did hate that movie

I think this is all a conspiracy. I think people like Valkyre just make themselves seem like they don't have a clue what they are talking about so they can get in arguments that get their post count really really high.

I think this is all a conspiracy. I think people like Valkyre just make themselves seem like they don't have a clue what they are talking about so they can get in arguments that get their post count really really high.

LOL :D :D

And what's with all this Start button bashing? I love and treasure my start button.

It's not the start button I hate, but the start menu. The start menu in general is just dumb. It's like, why should i have to goto my computer and press a little button down in the corner. It just doesnt make sense. Especially since there is nothing on the desktop anyway. Why not make it easier in the next version of windows to get to programs by having a layout that lets them be organized and displayed right on the main desktop? As opposed to just laying out icons which is so hard to organize and looks terrible as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mac users, there is a place for ur ignorence and thats in the mac forums. you rejects dont beling anywhere else. Dont want to cause any offence here. just politely suggesting you keep your thoughts where they belong (out of civilization)

Hey mac users, there is a place for ur ignorence and thats in the mac forums. you rejects dont beling anywhere else. Dont want to cause any offence here. just politely suggesting you keep your thoughts where they belong (out of civilization)

Well Said, ... NOT ... Personally i think Neowin could do without these narrowminded idiots posting here, it really is pathetic! ...

What is this all about? :huh:

Because this feature use alpha-blending and transperent. For ppl who's themer about VS and LoginUI, they will know suddenly that caption bar in visual style doesn't has background in background so default background will set to black. Simply words, it's an engine bugs.

~~NeYo~~ here here *cheers to ya* ...............people have to a little more respectable

god i though this had stopped....im contacting the modds