New Longhorn UI "AERO"!

Obviously half of you didnt read Paul's arcticle. The Desktop will be TOTALY changed, with video overlays and exteremly higly gfx.... just read the arcticle on Aero. After reading that article, i can't wait for LH now.

ovtober 2003 at the earliest... aeros apparently no where close to ready and they wont start till they get it worked out. oh and just a note on the black corners... why would the even want to fix it if their gonna get rid of it ^_^

actually plex or any know visual style SHOULD be of no use to the new ui in longhorn.... thats the whole point ^_^

Yeah, I hate the Plex style too, it looks as if its gone back a step in GUI design (no offence intented to any Plex developers / fans!). Microsoft, one of the biggest companies ever (with practically unlimited money injected into R&D) comes up with that style. Makes me laugh :)

Due to my useless 56k connection, I've not had a chance to try Longhorn, so I know relatively nothing about it.

Is the build in that article (with window effects etc) available?

nope, it was a build that was meant to show off some new features. :( We will have to wait for M6 to see what is added.

Yeah, I hate the Plex style too, it looks as if its gone back a step in GUI design (no offence intented to any Plex developers / fans!). Microsoft, one of the biggest companies ever (with practically unlimited money injected into R&D) comes up with that style. Makes me laugh :)

How the ****ing hell is it so hard to understand that MS put intentionally a crappy placeholder in there just to not spoil everything??? They are not going to spend lots of money into a placeholder that's going to go anyway, so why make an uberstyle then??

I hope in LH they actually fix something i found very annoying. Administrator account on mky XP Pro system can't view all files, it should have supreme access to everything(like root). Except in some user directories i get Access denied and it makes me mad(old user dirs from a previous install of xp(folder still there)) and i can't open it, i have to use ftp to bypass the security... :blink:

That sounds like the correct behavior from a security standpoint. An Admin on an XP machine is indeed supreme God as far as that machine goes, unless of course some other XP machine is in question. Since your folders are from an older install, the security priviledges there are for the Security IDs (SIDs) of your old install - including the Admin SID.

What you can try and do is take ownership of those folders and then change the security priviledges.

How the ****ing hell is it so hard to understand that MS put intentionally a crappy placeholder in there just to not spoil everything??? They are not going to spend lots of money into a placeholder that's going to go anyway, so why make an uberstyle then??

Didn't think of that :)

Carry on getting that worked up over a simple post and you're gonna burst a blood vessel before you hit 30...

How the ****ing hell is it so hard to understand that MS put intentionally a crappy placeholder in there just to not spoil everything???

How the hell is it so hard to understand that when MS spams the living **** out of the media with screenshots of an OS more than two years away, they open themselves up to criticism about relevant things such as the ugly GUI? If they don't want to spoil anything about Longhorn they should go into media blackout, otherwise whatever they do put out is fair game.

MS spams screenshots? Get a f'n clue! Except for prototype presentations from WinHEC I don't see how MS is spamming prebeta screenshots! It's those folks that downloaded and installed the leak that are spreading the screenshots!

bc of all the drm bullcrap, i will not use longhorn. at all. ever.

until ilt is proven, 100%, that there is no palladium crap, no limits on my mp3's, etc. p2p forever.

bc of all the drm bullcrap, i will not use longhorn. at all. ever.

until ilt is proven, 100%, that there is no palladium crap, no limits on my mp3's, etc. p2p forever.

yeah screw those capitalist pigs!11111[/sarcasm]

I find it humorous that it's taking Microsoft 5 years to copy the technology in OS X. :whistle:

seriously .. if I see another post like this ..I'm gonna go to mac forum and start talking about PC and Windows. I'm sick of Apple and their "Toy" computers and Os's. And you can Quote me with this ...

We support couple thousand iBooks, Tis .. also gateway 450Ls which we have around 4000.

We spend way more time troubleshooting macs than pcs ..

sick of it .. really I am ... :angry:

seriously .. if I see another post like this ..I'm gonna go to mac forum and start talking about PC and Windows. I'm sick of Apple and their "Toy" computers and Os's. And you can Quote me with this ...

We support couple thousand iBooks, Tis .. also gateway 450Ls which we have around 4000.

sick of it .. really I am ... :angry:

We should go into the MAC forum and bash MAC :whistle:

sick of it .. really I am ...  :angry:

mac .. not MAC (Media Access Control Layer) ...

and as far as bashing goes .. it's not worth of my time ..

sick of it .. really I am ...  :angry:

Now that is a sure way to start a nuclear flame war! :devil:

MS spams screenshots? Get a f'n clue! Except for prototype presentations from WinHEC I don't see how MS is spamming prebeta screenshots! It's those folks that downloaded and installed the leak that are spreading the screenshots!

You know: a lot more people would agree with you if you were not such an ass in every post you make. Didn't your mom ever teach you that the f word is bad? :sleep:

Besides, this leaking thing is getting old. Microsoft "leaks" all their alpha stuff on purpose just to get the masses all excited and having wet dreams about all their new stuff. Yes their marketing folks are geniuses. It's so amusing to watch as they hook you like a fish and make sure you keep contributing to the Bill Gates Pension fund.

No Tom, MS is not spamming screenshots. They are spamming pre alpha stuff and you are consuming it like there is no tomorrow.