UxStyle Core Beta available for testing

I've unleashed the first beta build of UxStyle Core onto the world. It should work on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, and most importantly Windows 7. All platforms. Revert your lame Uxtheme patches and give it a shot! Let us know if we blow up your machine. We're keeping a tally.

More information // Forums // Download

I installed it and it worked fine until I restarted my machine - after that, Aero was disabled. Do I have to put something in my startup?

'Cause after all, an once applied ux patch just works...

I installed it and it worked fine until I restarted my machine - after that, Aero was disabled. Do I have to put something in my startup?

'Cause after all, an once applied ux patch just works...

Are you on Windows XP? Did the Unsigned Themes service (see services.msc) remain? Starts?

Are you on Windows XP? Did the Unsigned Themes service (see services.msc) remain? Starts?

I'm on Windows 7 RC. I don't know, actually I uninstalled it and just went for the patched files, before I noticed this thread and posted here.

I'll be more than glad to help and revert just to test it, as soon as I find some free time, though.

What does this do different to say VistaGlazz?

It lets you use any visual style available for said operating system.

Works fine my end, XP SP3 MCE 2005.