BREAKING NEWS...Michael Jackson dies of cardiac arrest

Michael Jackson set to make chart history, again

Michael Jackson will once again make music history next week as many of his albums are poised to shake up the Billboard charts with incredible sales increases.

The impact of Jackson's shock death on Thursday was felt immediately in the marketplace. Industry sources report that the demand for Jackson's albums were so high, many stores simply ran out of his CDs.

The albums with the greatest sales increases -- at least on the physical side of things -- look to be his greatest hits packages "Number Ones" and "The Essential Michael Jackson" along with the expanded reissue of "Thriller." The sets, released between 2003 and 2008, were the three Jackson albums that perhaps had the most stock available in stores.

In the digital realm, where the supply problem doesn't exist, Jackson's songs and albums swarmed the top of the constantly-updating best sellers lists in both the iTunes' and Amazon's online music stores. At one point on Friday in the iTunes Store, nine out of the top 10-selling albums and 40 of the top 100-selling songs were by Jackson.

The three aforementioned albums, along with Jackson's classic studio sets "Off the Wall," "Bad" and "Dangerous" all will likely zoom into the upper region of Billboard's Top Pop Catalog Albums chart next week. Initial reports of Jackson's album sales from Thursday alone indicate that one of his albums -- possibly "Number Ones" -- will easily fly to No. 1 on the chart next week. Last week, the set -- which also was his top-selling album of the week -- was at No. 20 on the Catalog chart with 4,000 sold.

To compare, last week's No. 1 on the Catalog chart was TobyMac's "Portable Sounds" with 9,000 copies sold. Sources say that at least one of Jackson's albums sold more than double that amount just on Thursday.

Nielsen SoundScan's tracking week ends at the close of business on Sunday (28). Billboard and SoundScan's new weekly charts will be released on Wednesday, July 1.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Both Michael Jackson's family and his personal physician were at pains to explain on Sunday what caused the troubled pop star's sudden death weeks before his long-awaited comeback.

Dr. Conrad Murray, who was at Jackson's side when he died, told police he did not inject the singer with painkillers before his fatal cardiac arrest on Thursday, his lawyer said on Sunday after reports he received a shot of narcotic Demerol.

When asked at Sunday's BET Awards about the care his son received from doctors in his last moments, Jackson's father, Joe, said, "I have a lot of concerns. ... I can't get into that, but I don't like what happened."

He said funeral arrangements for the King of Pop were still being discussed. A family friend said services could take place on Wednesday and the body could be buried at Jackson's famous Neverland Ranch.

Tension over the mysterious death came to the surface at the BET Awards, modified at the last minute as a tribute to Jackson's musical genius. Some stars bristled over coverage of Jackson's downward spiral during the last decade, filled with accusations of child molestation and bizarre behavior.

"He is one of our heroes," said rap artist and music impresario Sean "Diddy" Combs. "As African Americans, we are not going to let everybody beat him up."

Full article

Brit tabloid reveals MJ’s horrifying autopsy report

Los Angeles: The autopsy details of pop star Michael Jackson gives a horrifying picture of the singer at the time of his death – he was a virtual skeleton as he was barely eating, there were only pills in his stomach. He was bald, bruised and also had broken ribs and needle wounds.

His hips, thighs and shoulders were riddled with needle wounds believed to be the result of injections of narcotic painkillers, given three times a day for years.

And multiple surgery scars were said to be the legacy of at least 13 cosmetic operations. Experts found the distressing evidence of Jackson's physical decline while investigating his startling death here last week, reported thesun.co.uk.

The examination showed the 5'10" star, once famed for his on-stage athleticism, had plunged to a "severely emaciated" state. It is understood that anorexic Jackson had been eating just one meagre meal a day.

Pathologists found his stomach empty aside from partially-dissolved pills he took before the painkiller injection which stopped his heart. Samples have now been sent for toxicology tests.

MJ had problems with prescription drugs: Lawyer

Jackson's final hours puzzle doctor, family

Jackson was on deadly diet of painkillers: report

Having lost virtually all his hair, the pop legend was wearing a wig when he died and pathologists said little more than "peach fuzz" covered his scalp.

A scarred section of skin above his left ear was entirely bald, apparently the result of a 1984 accident when his hair caught fire as he filmed an ad for Pepsi.

Jackson suffered several broken ribs as frantic rescuers pumped his chest after he collapsed in cardiac arrest. Four injection sites were found above or near the King of Pop's heart. All appeared to result from attempts to pump adrenaline directly into the organ in a failed bit to restart it.

Three of the injections had penetrated the heart wall causing damage, but a fourth missed and hit one of the 50-year-old star's ribs.

The autopsy also found unexplained bruising on Jackson's knees and on the fronts of both shins. And there were cuts on his back, indicating a recent fall.

Jackson's once handsome face bore a network of plastic surgery scars, while the bridge to his nose had vanished and its right side had partially collapsed.

As inquiries into the tragedy focussed on the star's personal physician Conrad Murray, a source close to the Jackson entourage said, "Michael's family and fans will be horrified when they realise the appalling state he was in. His doctors and the hangers-on stood by as he self-destructed. Somebody is going to have to pay."

Murray, a cardiologist, was thought to have given Jackson the final injection of painkiller Demerol.

A second autopsy demanded by the Jackson family was carried out at a secret location on Saturday after the first ruled out foul play.

Murray was hired just 11 days ago by AEG Live, the firm masterminding Jackson's 50 concerts at London's O2 Arena, earlier scheduled to start next month.

Sources claimed the family was preparing a multi-million-dollar lawsuit against the cardiologis

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/brit-tabloid-re...rt/95895-8.html

i now think, death put him out of his misery

Crikey... He really was a mess... Where the HELL were his family, eh? How could they have let him get himself into that state?

It's pretty clear that MJ badly needed not only the support of his family, but also seriously needed residential psychological care. Instead he got hangers on, yes men, and generally people who were only interested in his fame, nothing else.

It's all just so very very sad.. :(

Crikey... He really was a mess... Where the HELL were his family, eh? How could they have let him get himself into that state?

It's pretty clear that MJ badly needed not only the support of his family, but also seriously needed residential psychological care. Instead he got hangers on, yes men, and generally people who were only interested in his fame, nothing else.

It's all just so very very sad.. :(

exactly! they are going what they do best. leech

Sources claimed the family was preparing a multi-million-dollar lawsuit against the cardiologis

exactly! they are going what they do best. leech

I didn't really lend that any weight. No indication of who the "sources" are, and they can't spell cardiologist. :p

I didn't really lend that any weight. No indication of who the "sources" are, and they can't spell cardiologist. :p

maybe they knew the spelling and i missed the last letter :/ if you are that particular about the spelling, then all you needed to do click the link to the source below the article to confirm :p

Sources claimed the family was preparing a multi-million-dollar lawsuit against the cardiologist.

Reported Jackson Autopsy -- A Fake

Posted Jun 29th 2009 11:14AM by TMZ Staff

We've learned the story making the rounds detailing the terrible condition of Michael Jackson's body is a fake.

A report in The Sun gave harrowing details of the body, but we've learned the "autopsy report" was fabricated and completely false.

UPDATE: The Los Angeles County coroner just released the following statement:

"The report that is being published did not come from this office. I don't know where the information came from, or who that information came from. It is not accurate. Some of it is totally false.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/29/jackson-autopsy-report-a-fake/

What I hate about MJ's death is that everyone all of a sudden is saddened by the event.... but most of you were against him with the allegations of child abuse popped up. Only few loyal fans were supporting Michael from the beginning til the very end. The rest of you, well, you know what you are I don't need to call names...

Jon Lajoie even

At least he's at peace now from all the hypocritical media. MJ will never die. His music will always live on.

You would be right.

Everyone: let's take a trip back in time, shall we? Beginning with these polls:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=293759

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=328620

And culminating with the 2005 trial megathread:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=331799

The media's a bitch.

To some posters who have posted additional bits about his skin disease, as well as about the reason he had to get his nose redone and about his singed hair - thanks for sharing. Never heard about all this until now.

Someday I hope the truth comes out, and Michael Jackson is Afterall INNOCENT, that he did NOT molester any children whatsoever. The Children Lied, because their parents made them!!!

After these kids are Adults, I guess.

That would ROCK!!! :yes:

What I hate about MJ's death is that everyone all of a sudden is saddened by the event.... but most of you were against him with the allegations of child abuse popped up. Only few loyal fans were supporting Michael from the beginning til the very end. The rest of you, well, you know what you are I don't need to call names...
I'm glad I'm not the only one to see the hypocrisy that's going round.

Hmm, I'm not finding this... My own "friends" have always hated Michael and continue to do so, making the usual jokes about him. I personally spoke out in his defence during his recent trial, and I actually find it equally annoying that people like you are labelling some of his honest fans like myself as hypocrites. I have always sided with Michael never once thought he was guilty, and would have never considered making a tasteless joke about him to further my own ego.

SIMPLY Red star Mick Hucknall said he found it difficult paying tribute to Jacko because of the child abuse allegations.

Mick, 49, said: "I have to say that Michael Jackson was an extraordinary artist, a phenomenal dancer, a truly great singer."

He added: "I can only say that the one side that I have a little difficulty with is firstly as a father, and secondly as someone who was a friend of a father of a boy called Jordy Chandler.

His father was actually my dentist and a friend of mine, and that makes it rather difficult for me to expand on anything else.

"This time I'll show enough respect to respect his memory as an artist and say no more about him."

Jordy Chandler was 13 when he accused Jackson in 1993 of molesting him.

The star settled out of court with the Chandler family the following year for ?13million.

At last someone in the public eye has the guts to speaks their mind.

May he RIP. I believe he was a good man. He was different and because of that people looked and treated him differently. MJ is from my area. He wasn't a celebrity here, he was family. He is a very nice person, and he had a good heart. I feel privileged to have meet him.

Here is an article from a local paper.

PORTAGE -- During his 2003 visit to his hometown, pop music legend Michael Jackson had some shopping to do that took him to Porter County.

Jackson had treated his security guards to lunch at KFC during his trip.

He had asked one of the officers where he might buy a police uniform, reportedly for a music video, and was directed to Star Uniform, just off Dombey Road, which caters to several area police and fire departments.

"The Gary Police called me to tell me he was coming probably an hour before he arrived," owner Larry Vaughan remembered.

Vaughan's shop was quiet Friday, the day after Jackson was found unconscious in his rented Bel-Air home, and he had to search to find the few pictures he had taken of himself, his staff and his sons with Jackson. He still has the signed shop poster and a commemorative plaque of the event.

"I'm not a photo person. He was great, talking with everyone. The street was full," he said.

Vaughan showed one shot of Jackson facing away from the camera, helping him get a hat from a top shelf.

"I started to fall off the ladder, and he cared enough to catch me as I fell," Vaughan said.

He said Jackson talked with Vaughan's sons, asking for advice.

"He asked them what he should get for his kids back in the motel and they told him to get flashlights so that they could play flashlight tag," he said.

At the time, Vaughan reported that Jackson spent $1,000 for the flashlights, a Flying Cross police uniform with a patch, and several hats on his 45-minute shopping trip.Michael McArdle/Post-Tribune file photo

Star Uniforms employee Jamie Doll sewed several Gary Police Department uniforms for customer Michael Jackson in 2003 when he stopped in to purchase the police uniform.

Source: http://www.post-trib.com/news/1643309,jack...ter0627.article