[definitive] Best iPhone Apps

Here are the best 3rd party productivity apps I've been using on my iPhone:

* MyStuff - Inventory tracking database. Highly customizable but still easy to use. I love the HTML report generator. I use this for keeping tack of My Stuff at work.

* Evernote - Cross-platform note taking application. Kind of a fugly interface (on the iPhone) and there is certainly room for improvements. But the best of its class if you need cross-platform.

* Todo - Tasks

* Momento - Journal/Diary. I use this to record major purchases and when I pay bills and stuff. I also record things like when I give my dogs their monthly heart warm pills and vaccine info. Nice interface. Easy to use. Easy to add pictures to "moments" as well as tag them for easy searches.

My gf and I was talking about this the other day... we don't really know how accurate it is though.

Granted she has a dog, so her charts are probably screwed up because the dog moves around at night.

I've just woken up an hour earlier than I would for work - I feel great...!

Usually I set four or five alarms - today I was somehow woken up by gentle music at the "top of my sleep cycle".

If it's placebo or if it works in its own right, I don't care - it works.

The most amazing app i've found so far is called Star Walk. It uses the gps to locate where you are and when you go outside at night, you point the iphone to the stars/moons/planets and it will track the sky to your iphone depending on where you are pointing it, giving you the names and details of stars you are looking at including galaxies and constelations. It is very accurate. You dont have to use it at night and you can also point it towards the ground to find stars which are on the other side of the planet. Wow factor = 10

The most amazing app i've found so far is called Star Walk. It uses the gps to locate where you are and when you go outside at night, you point the iphone to the stars/moons/planets and it will track the sky to your iphone depending on where you are pointing it, giving you the names and details of stars you are looking at including galaxies and constelations. It is very accurate. You dont have to use it at night and you can also point it towards the ground to find stars which are on the other side of the planet. Wow factor = 10

Wow! ill have to try that one out.

Also, plants vs zombies, is probably THE best iphone game.

Apps and games on my iPhone 3G at the moment:

Apps

• AP Mobile
  • Battery Master Pro
  • Bernama Malaysia News
  • Contact By Number
  • Convert
  • Cookmate
  • WordWeb Dictionary
  • Facebook
  • iHappyDays
  • KTdict C-E (Chinese-English) Dictionary
  • Meebo
  • PocketMoney
  • SketchBook MobileX
  • SPB Wallet
  • Things
  • Wikipanion

Games

• Azkend
  • Cookie Pop Classic
  • Green Fingers
  • iRoach 2
  • Ramp Champ
  • Sol Free Solitaire
  • Tile Sudoku
  • Totemo

Flight control is an awesome game. But if you play it for too long it haunts you. When I lay down and close my eyes after I play, I see a swarm of planes coming from the edge of the screen all into the centre and you struggle to work out how to stop them from colliding with each other in a mass panic but you realise there's just too much of em and you no choice but to sit back and watch the massive crash take place. BUT... You never actually see them crash. You either open your eyes or the vision resets to the beginning. Am I the only one who experiences this?

wififofum - wifi scanner $1.99

twit-leo laportes twit tv app free

newegg free

engadget free

accu weather free/paid 2.99

grand theft auto china town wars 9.99edit down to $6.99 now

I just started using Touch Mouse today, and I've already found that it's awesome...

yes its kickass and free from logitech.

Flight control is an awesome game. But if you play it for too long it haunts you. When I lay down and close my eyes after I play, I see a swarm of planes coming from the edge of the screen all into the centre and you struggle to work out how to stop them from colliding with each other in a mass panic but you realise there's just too much of em and you no choice but to sit back and watch the massive crash take place. BUT... You never actually see them crash. You either open your eyes or the vision resets to the beginning. Am I the only one who experiences this?

yes, also with call of duty zombies.... i try to close my eyes at night in a darkened room and all these zombies come out... then i turn on my light and its just the cluttered desk of mine with lots of blinking lights

• 1 month later...

Facebook

ESPN score-center

Opera mini (i have crappy edge)

Hippo Pro Remote control which is the best Remote control I have used, it is better than logitech touch pro and Remote (they were free) and xbmc remote control (paid)

Flight control

Doodle jump

Paper toss

• 2 weeks later...

That sounds a bit like Google's Sky Map for Android (wish it was on the iPhone :()

I've discovered what I consider to be an amazing app for the iphone.

I have continued to shy away from bothering to convert videos specifically to drop on my iphone - reason being, I don't really have a commute per se (live a few roads from my job so taking the tube irrelevant).

I always found it a hassle to a) take the time to convert, b) have duplicate videos on my computer (one for phone one for home)

Air Video puts a video server on your computer, allowing you to share folders of your choice, either over your wifi network, or over the mobile network (using a unique PIN).

The server side application converts and then streams on the fly.

obviously you have to install the iphone app as well to connect.

This works great over wifi (virtually instant navigation and playback) and surprisingly fast over 3G (let's say a ten to fifteen second delay to load a 45 min episode of a TV Show with no stutter after that and what seems like normal quality).

Great for watching in bed without any hassle at all. I'm very impressed.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah dammit macf13nd you beat me to it (by about a month) I can vouch for Air Video. Its brilliant. Ever since i got my very first 1st gen ipod touch i have always wanted to either a) put avi files on my iphone/itouch without needing to convert, or b) stream movies to the device over wifi. With this baby you can even stream movies from your pc to your phone over the internet. Why the hell didn't anyone come up with this sooner....

Not an iPhone app, but I've recently released an application for the iPad called Chroma. If you are a designer or just enjoy color, you might like it. An iPhone version is coming very soon.

Chroma lets you quickly and intuitively build 5-color swatch sets that you can save to your local library or send via in-app email.

Version 1.1.0 should be approved by Monday and with it comes HSV support. As it stands in v1.0, RGB, CMYK and HEX values are displayed dynamically. 8 more major releases are planned. :-)

Here's a screenshot:

QZQD3.png

More info: http://chromaiscolor.com

Cheers!

The Virgin Atlantic Applications is good, you can see their current aircraft positions.

virgin2.jpgvirgin1.jpg

You can also set Push alerts for flight states too.

Oh another one is iPeriod. You can use it to find out how long you have until your girlfriend is out of action lol

:laugh:

I'm mentioning Seesmic. Just because I'm using it over both Facebook and Twitter/Twitteriffic now.

mzl.moitjyzs.320x480-75.jpgmzl.wkhlynjn.320x480-75.jpg

• 1 month later...

Not sure if its been mentioned guys but check out Pulse its a great news app ;) the iPad app looks awesome too.

Also the new Revision 3 app is pretty good if you watch those shows.

• 2 weeks later...