[definitive] Best iPhone Apps

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can anyone find a decent, free Facebook client for iOS other than the default one. I'm looking for an alternative to give a spin. There's Echofon, and a few others which aren't great AND paid.

It's funny, because there's a ton of Twitter clients, why has nobody gone for Facebook as well?

Can anyone find a decent, free Facebook client for iOS other than the default one. I'm looking for an alternative to give a spin. There's Echofon, and a few others which aren't great AND paid.

It's funny, because there's a ton of Twitter clients, why has nobody gone for Facebook as well?

AFAIK there is a couple of iPad ones but generally i don't think anyone wants to bother with facebook ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently discovered an app called Sleep Talk. It records sounds you make while you're asleep and only when you make a sound. So if you're a sleep talker, this is a really neat app to find out what you said or sound like when you're asleep.

My first night I actually said something coherent and the second night all I did was snore (which I didn't even know I do!).

• 1 month later...

I recently discovered an app called Sleep Talk. It records sounds you make while you're asleep and only when you make a sound. So if you're a sleep talker, this is a really neat app to find out what you said or sound like when you're asleep.

My first night I actually said something coherent and the second night all I did was snore (which I didn't even know I do!).

I'll give that a go tonight! :D

• 1 month later...

Thank you Radish for Air Video, I'm loving the app.

One of my fav apps: Tapatalk (Software for browsing forums which don't have a mobile skin)

Have to say I just purchased perhaps the best app I have purchased yet for the iPad...

Inkpad

Absolutely amazing vector app, basically Illustrator for the iPad. Simple interface but really powerful feature set, easily worth the $4.99, and if not much more.

I will say though, if you are not used to vector drawing, do not bother. One needs to have a familiarization with vector drawing apps to truly appreciate this app and use it. If you are comfortable to vector apps, it is truly amazing.

• 5 weeks later...

Also not sure if it has been mentioned in the thread already, but even if it has been this combo is worth mentioning again.

For anyone interested in eBooks on your iPad, all you need are the apps Calibre and Stanza (links for both in the instructions list)

• Download Calibre for your computer (Windows, Linux, and OS X are all supported).
  • On first run, configure it for the iPad/iPod/iPhone.
  • Copy the eBooks to your library (ePub format is necessary for best conversion to iOS device, the app will convert other formats to ePub).
  • Go to Connect/share, choose "Start Content Server"
  • Download Stanza on your iOS device.
  • Launch Stanza. Go to Shared (I believe that is the name, if not it is very similar)
  • It will automatically list whatever computer Calibre is currently running the content server on.
  • Choose whatever book you have in your library, choose Download at the top right.
  • Once downloaded, you now have that book in your iOS device. You can quite Calibre (or just stop the content server), as that book is now on your iOS device until you manually delete it.

Just incredibly kick ass. The whole process listed above took me 10 minutes, if that, from downloading and installing each app, to then getting 5 books to my iPad.

Really is a killer combo.

Calibre on it's own is just an awesome eBook management app for all OS's... Windows, Linux or OS X. I have been using it for awhile now on Windows for my wifes Kindle, but did not realize until tonight how easy it was to use it to get books downloaded to my iPad from OS X.

Just cannot stress how perfect of a combo these two apps are, both are completely free, and one can donate to each. :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

Shazam is amazing. I do love peggle too and i wish there was a free game of risk cuz that game is awesome too but only if you win.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know a good app for cellular data monitoring? I want to be able to setup a monthly limit (with a user-specified date) and have push notification if I reach my limit. Anyone any suggestions?

Anyone know a good app for cellular data monitoring? I want to be able to setup a monthly limit (with a user-specified date) and have push notification if I reach my limit. Anyone any suggestions?

Try Consume, don't think it has push tho -

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/consume/id337064413?mt=8

• 3 weeks later...