broadband modem with wireless router, need help to put setting

I have broadband modem Wi-Fi model Motorola,I need best setting with linksys model WRT54G2 V1(wireless router) because my modem not support wireless I need to do this like in this pic:

24241234.jpg

my modem give me IP for default gateway 192.168.15.1

what i need now setting in wireless router(linksys)

I upload page for setting for router.

http://www.speedyshare.com/372972304.html

P.S:

broadband modem pic

motrdfe_2009_01_08.jpg

There are 2 ways. I will tell you what i am using:

Activate your modem DHCP.

Desactivate your wireless router DHCP.

Change the IP to something like that: 10.0.0.* or 10.2.2.* (Use what ever you want)

Assing a fix IP in your modem (10.0.0.1)

Let the wireless router obtain the IP from the modem.

Configure your modem to Bridge the adsl connection.

Put the login data in the wireless router, to do so, first select in the WAN pannel "Connection Type: PPPoE"

If you use OpenDNS, remeber to put them on the DNS panel, or leave it blank. The modem will redirect it to the default one from your ISP.

Remember to use WPA2 or WPA Auto. Encryption type Auto. PSK or EAP, i use PSK.

In the passphrase use the most long convitation of letters and numbers posible (64 characters max ). Do something like this:

Grab 2 common passwords u use regulary. let say @1b2c3d4 and nAgP/2, put them together like this:

@1b2c3d4nAgP/2@1b2c3d4nAgP/2@1b2c3d4nAgP/2@1b2c3d4nAgP/2@1b2c3d

Presto, you just created a very strong phrase, and the best of all, you can remember it, since is just 2 pre created password you used before.

Edited by Pulgafree

Those instructions are confusing as F!! Why do you tell him to disable his routers dhcp?? If your telling him to put his modem into bridge mode?? :blink:

If your happy with your modem as the gateway then just use your wireless router as an accesspoint -- which is what you stated you wanting to do.

http://www.dslwebserver.com/main/fr_index....cess-point.html

How to Use a Wireless Router as a Wireless Access Point

what about this option in my linksys router:

-automatic configuration DHCP

-static ip

-PPPoE

-PPTP

-L2TP

-Telstra Cable

which one must to choose it?

JFC guy read the instructions -- if your going to use it as an accesspoint you dont even use the WAN interface!

Those instructions are confusing as F!! Why do you tell him to disable his routers dhcp?? If your telling him to put his modem into bridge mode?? :blink:

Doing that, if someone gets to his wireless network, hes can't take control of the modem. Since is not visible on the network.

PPPoE using my connection configuration

WHAT :blink:

Dude you have no freaking idea what the F your talking about.. In Bridge mode the modem will not be visible on the network -- which is what your suggesting.. But your also suggesting he turn off his routers dhcp server -- so what is going to give his clients IP?

If he has a device that is already doing nat, ie his gateway wifi modem/router-- and he wants to add wireless to his current existing wired network, which would be 192.168.15.0/24 from what he as posted.

Then he has no need for a router - he already has one in wifi "modem" device. So what he wants is a accesspoint!! I have posted instructions to how to do this - it takes 30 seconds tops. And YES his "modem" web UI will still be available -- with your method it will not -- since your telling him to turn it into a bridge. Do I really need to draw a freaking picture??

Here -- this will make it more clear on how to set it up with his wireless router acting as an accesspoint.

post-14624-1246562434_thumb.jpg

If he wants to put his current wifi modem/router into BRIDGE mode -- that is fine.. But he would not be turning off any dhcp servers, and yes he would then have to setup PPPoE if that is what he is using on the linksys router and connect.. Then his linksys wireless router would get a public ip on its WAN interface, and his private side would be whatever he wants it to be, be it 192.168.0.0/24 or 192.168.1.0/24, or even 192.168.15.0/24 etc..

But his MODEM would no longer really be visible on "his" private Natted network -- since it would be in BRIDGE MODE.. and there would be a NAT between it and the internet.

What he wants is an ACCESSPOINT to add wireless to his current network, sure if he was unhappy with the forwarding or qos or lack of features on his current gateway (his wifi modem/router) Then sure if it supports bridge mode he could do that -- but he would he attempts to follow your instructions he is going to be all F'd up plain and simple.

Please re-read what you posted for instructions -- they make NO SENSE!! You have him changing his current wifi modem(nat router) to a 10 network, you have him turning on its DHCP server -- its already ON!! and handing out IPs of 192.168.15.? And then putting it into bridge mode??? And then turning off the DCHP server on his NAT wireless router -- but connecting his wifi modem to the WAN port and using PPPoE on the wireless router -- WTF :blink:

There are 2 ways. I will tell you what i am using:

Activate your modem DHCP.

Desactivate your wireless router DHCP.

Desactivate your modem DHCP

ACTIVATE your wireless router

Actually, i don't know why i writed wrong. My bad.

budman, just chill out. :yes:

Im am chill as can be -- but what rubs me the wrong way is when people post nonsense and what amounts to gibberish for instructions.

Again -- this is NOT what he was asking to do - he clearly shows on his drawing his linksys router acting as a AccessPoint! And for second we don't even know if his wifi modem/router supports bridge mode.

As per what he wanted

post-14624-1246585826.jpg

link already given to instructions, and a pretty drawing given as well as to how to set it up ;)

Tell us what your doing... Which dhcp server are you disabling? And how are you connecting the linksys router..

Its not rocket science here.. Your current gateway, the wifi modem -- this hands out private IPs on the 192.168.15.0/24 network, pointing to itself as the gateway 192.168.15.1 -- yes???

If so then turn off dhcp on the linksys router, change the linksys router to 192.168.15.?/24 Something that is outside the dhcp scope of your wifi "modem" but not being used by something else. And then connect it to your wifi modem using one of its LAN ports = DONE!!!! 30 seconds tops!