Opera: Microsoft's 'minor tweak' of Windows 7 not enough

Speed dial...

This is my FAVORITE thing, I love that speed dial thing :) See, apple did copy this from opera! Apple basically hears out their users (which is nice that way, even though they're copycats).

...But now people are forcing their toolbars on FF too. Before everyone forced them on IE, so you just never used IE and used FF, but now they are there.

I get the feeling that you think I'm FF user, obviously you're mistaken

1. Opera are whining little kids that can't code.

2. Opera is from Norway.

3. Why does the EU take complaints from non-member states?

It's a bit like GAZ complaining that not enough people buy their cars, and want the EU do do something about it.

That is irrelevant, if their products are used in the EU, they can still appeal to the EU courts. Remember Microsoft are also in a non EU country.

Well, its very easy to destroy trust and very hard to gain. I simply can't swallow that Microsoft will NOT call home for various reasons in their current or future OS (even if I set disable internet communication in gpedit.msc it will contact home regardless) They just don't care anymore, all I know is that they are keeping more and more doors open so "someone" can get inside out privacy. The huge bulk of softwares and running services proves only one thing :( you're a TARGET!

hmm

Well, there are some reasons why software would be checking back that benefit the user. Media Player for example, if you have it set to get album information, is going to have to connect with a server in order to get this. Some software may check for updates, or load information from their music stores, etc... Just because it's attempting to connect doesn't mean it's triangulating your exact location so that Microsoft can "Get you"... lol

1. Opera are whining little kids that can't code.

2. Opera is from Norway.

3. Why does the EU take complaints from non-member states?

It's a bit like GAZ complaining that not enough people buy their cars, and want the EU do do something about it.

The fact that Opera isn't physically located in the EU doesn't have any bearing, because they do business in the EU... This is a competition issue, and they are competing in the EU... So, I have no issue with it for that reason. You're first point is valid however... :p