Windows 7 RTM Discussion

Windows 7 RTM-ed!

Build that signed: 6.1.7600.16385.win7_rtm.090713-1255

More details soon, on every known site.

Enjoy!

Gendo do not state what you do not know, don't read rumours.

Gendo do not state what you do not know, don't read rumours.

You'll see this info confirmed by MS in few hours.

Im not going to argue about it.

If it has RTMd, have they actually finished it properly by implementing new icons for those which weren't updated? I still find it silly that some icons were updated but others weren't (I'm looking at you Computer, Recycle Bin and Back and Forward buttons!).

If it has RTMd, have they actually finished it properly by implementing new icons for those which weren't updated? I still find it silly that some icons were updated but others weren't (I'm looking at you Computer, Recycle Bin and Back and Forward buttons!).

Surely they'll just recompile the build with the new icons included?

Windows 7 RTM-ed!

Enjoy!

It's Saturday....very early morning on the west coast, in fact. Redmond has a day off. I don't expect anything official till Monday.

If signed, they will prolly build one more to 6.1.7600.16386, just like Vista's released build (16386).. Dunno if we will see an announcement though on a Saturday..

You'll see this info confirmed by MS in few hours.

Im not going to argue about it.

Microsoft is going to announce Windows 7 going gold on a Saturday? Wow.

Surely they'll just recompile the build with the new icons included?

No new icons, I have no idea why you guys are so obsessed with this. There won't be anything new dropped in last minute.

Windows 7 RTM-ed!

Enjoy!

How do you know that?

Microsoft is going to announce Windows 7 going gold on a Saturday? Wow.

No new icons, I have no idea why you guys are so obsessed with this. There won't be anything new dropped in last minute.

No said about announcing it today. But they do compile builds on a Saturday. Also, this build is a few days old any how.

Most icons get replaced by the end user anyways... So, even if they don't add new icons, I am happy. :)

No said about announcing it today. But they do compile builds on a Saturday. Also, this build is a few days old any how.

I'm fully aware that they compile on saturdays sometimes. But I've never seen them make a press release or announce something this big on a Saturday.

I guess the final build (RTM) will be 6.1.7600.16386.win7_rtm.090720-1317 (exactly 40 years after the Eagle landed on the Moon). :) - 20:17 UTC = 13:17 PDT (Redmond current time).

This is too big to miss (at least if you are a geek).

Until you have sold proof please stop creating these threads here. This is all speculation and it's Saturday.

Edit: Re-opened, Wzor says it has RTM'd but until we hear official confirmation from Microsoft I'd still be cautious.

Edited by Tom W

Until you have sold proof please stop creating these threads here. This is all speculation and it's Saturday.

Edit: Re-opened, Wzor says it has RTM'd but until we hear official confirmation from Microsoft I'd still be cautious.

Apparently they will announce it http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/default.aspx when it offically gets signed off. Until I see it there, or posted on the front page here, any 'claim' of RTM is just what you said; speculation.

lol owned :p

Hi

RTM confirmed?

That's great news but we really need Microsoft to confirm this and personally, with so many versions of 16385 floating around the net, I can't wait to get hold of the "REAL RTM" with hash values that we can be certain of and, just as many user's have believed, they may recompile the build to 16386 - or does that not happen?

I'm so glad that I did not download one of the many 16385 versions that have flooded the internet over the past week or so - though I was tempted many, many, many times.

Regards

Dave

Edited by dave_the_scot