Windows 7 RTM Discussion

Obviously we won?t know for sure until Microsoft confirm it but Wzor say:

This morning, Moscow time (in the United States was the evening) signed gold code release to manufacturers Windows 7 RTM:

Even last night (16 hours for MSK 16.07.2009 year), we told you about the preliminary results of a vote on the final "gold code" Windows 7 INTERNATIONAL and wondering what in the vote cast 24 votes against discussing 6.1.7600.16385.090713 build - 1255., and now we see that those votes "against" vote and have now withdrawn the decision taken unanimously, as we have all of you and congratulations.

Continuation of the article should be ..

And so, we announced the preliminary results available to vote on the willingness WINDOWS INTERNATIONAL 7 to RTM release:

"FOR" - given 7004 votes - 82%

"AGAINST" - 24 votes - 0.28%

"Had not voted" - 1513 votes - 17.71%

To ensure that the vote is successful in the results should not be a single vote against.

Those who voted against it, or should withdraw its "no", or must justify the need to delay for another two weeks, as well as the need to justify the failure to remedy the error detection set hotfiksov.

These preliminary results for 16 hours at MSK 17.07.2009 year.

We look forward to hearing more ....

Ця & Co.

unless it is confirmed by microsoft i would consider all this as rumour. And even if 16385 has been voted final it will get recompiled for final sign off so any leaked build is not yet RTM. lets wait for the word from microsoft.

16385 is final gold code but we still have to wait and see if sub version changes.

16385 is sub-version....7600 is build/version number..... Errr...

Who gives a flying feck when RTM happens. It's coming out in full, shrink wrapped and loverly on the 22nd of October as everybody knows.

Just wait. It's not that important and it's not as if your life depends upon its every point release.

By the way, I'm glad I pre-ordered on Amazon.co.uk at 6:30am on the 15th. I don't understand how they ran out and now offer it at twice the price. How does that work?

Who gives a flying feck when RTM happens. It's coming out in full, shrink wrapped and loverly on the 22nd of October as everybody knows.

Just wait. It's not that important and it's not as if your life depends upon its every point release.

By the way, I'm glad I pre-ordered on Amazon.co.uk at 6:30am on the 15th. I don't understand how they ran out and now offer it at twice the price. How does that work?

Lol, you're talking to somewhat hardcore computer enthusiasts here. Of course they'd be drooling over any news or leaks surrounding its release.

As for it being twice the price now, I don't know if they held discounts anywhere else around the world but Home Premium and Pro were slashed around 50~60% for a limited time. I think that time is up now, so you'll be seeing it full price.

Microsoft.Windows.7.7600.16385.090713-1255.en-us.x86

Microsoft.Windows.7.7600.16385.090713-1255.en-us.x64

is this ment to be RTM? the dig sig is vaild on both iso's

Those of us who are waiting impatiently for MSDN/Technet to get it.

I think people at some point lost perspective as to what it is - an OS release. BFD.

For those who think that MS will rebuild another sub version like 16386.

NO is not gonna happen, because 16385 already signed!

Another thing, that could happen (some people in MS think so), that MS can rebuild 16385 with some nice number like 17000 or 19000. Nothing more. I want to make a point on this one, this rebuild could happen or could not happen.

We will know about it really soon.

Enjoy! :)

Edited by Gendo

Windows 7 RTM-ed!

Build that signed: 6.1.7600.16385.win7_rtm.090713-1255

More details soon, on every known site.

Enjoy!

You appear to have been correct. Kudos to you...

NO is not gonna happen, because 16385 already sign!

Another thing, that could happen (some people in MS think so), that MS can rebuild 16385 with some nice number like 17000 or 19000. Nothing more. I want to make a point on this one, this rebuild could happen or could not happen.

We will know about it really soon.

Enjoy! :)

Earlier you said it RTM'ed, now there may or not be a rebuild. It can't be both.

NO is not gonna happen, because 16385 already signed!

That makes zero sense. First you say they won't rebuild it, then you say they might rebuild it. Pick one.

Earlier you said it RTM'ed, now there may or not be a rebuild. It can't be both.

As i said, few posts ago. What is signed is CODE. This means that MS will not make a changes on files/code. They can only rebuild it with nice number.

We will know soon.

Microsoft would have made an announcement if it was official that their own product went gold.....

....cuz they do so love to admit that they leak like a sieve.... :rolleyes:

....cuz they do so love to admit that they leak like a sieve.... :rolleyes:
They don't really care; their money comes from license sales, not from leak protection. And we should all be reminded that the ISO hasn't leaked (yet). Everything for 16385 so far has been in the form of custom-built ISO's.

As i said, few posts ago. What is signed is CODE. This means that MS will not make a changes on files/code. They can only rebuild it with nice number.

We will know soon.

Rebuilding it would change the build number and require resetting the sign-off procedure. If it truly has RTMed the build number will not change because there will be no more changes to the RTM'ed code. They would not have two different builds with the same number floating around.