[UK] O2 data network gone down again?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 kraized

kraized

Slam Dunk My Funk!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:09

Hi,

My iPhone 3G seems to have lost its data connection. This is happening in all apps that need a data connection. Error messages I'm getting;

"Could not activate cellular data network"

"Could not activate cellular data network: PDP authentication failure"

"Cannot Open Page - Safari cannot open the page. The error was: "unknown error"."

I have good signal strength and in a 3G area. SMS is working OK. Checked my settings - everything seems fine and things were working literally an hour ago. I'm on 3.0 and JB. Anyone know if O2 are having problems?

Edited by kraized, 05 August 2009 - 10:32.

#2 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:16

I'm on O2 and my data connection is working fine :/

Might be worth just resetting the data/network settings and putting them in again. It can't hurt to try.

What type of tarriff are you on? PAYG, normal Pay Monthly or iPhone Pay Monthly?

#3 Shaun N.

Shaun N.

Perfidious

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:21

my netbook couldnt figure out what my iphones data connection was, I have wireless here anyway so i dont have any need for it atm

#4 OP kraized

kraized

Slam Dunk My Funk!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:31

Right I've reset Network and Cellular Data settings but still no luck. I'm on an iPhone monthly contract with O2. Everything just seems to have stopped working. :(

#5 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:34

Very strange, perhaps it's a local problem then with the 3G signals/towers.

Best bet is to just call O2 and ask.

#6 bidhendy

bidhendy

Neowinian

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:47

Same thing is happening to me, around the same time also.
I'm not sure if it's coincidence though as two of my work colleagues also have iPhone's with o2 and neither have the same issue....

Did you get a solution? I've tried resetting my APN details etc (reset network settings) but the problem remains.....

Thanks in advance

#7 bidhendy

bidhendy

Neowinian

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:53

I'm not sure if it's coincidence though as two of my work colleagues also have iPhone's with o2 and neither have the same issue....

Did you get a solution? I've tried resetting my APN details etc (reset network settings) but the problem remains.....

Thanks in advance

+kraized, just realised you're in Cardiff. I'm guessing this must be more than a coincidence as I'm in Newport. Weird.

#8 OP kraized

kraized

Slam Dunk My Funk!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:54

Thanks in advance

Nope no solution yet. Tried googling and it has been mentioned that maybe the carrier file has been screwed up but I can't connect to iTunes at the moment to backup/restore as I'm in work.

I've text a mate who works in Caerphilly and has an 3GS but he hasn't got back yet so I don't know if SMS is working properly now. :/

#9 bidhendy

bidhendy

Neowinian

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:57

Gutted, same here. Can't imagine how that may have happened though. It started giving the error whilst I was on my lunch - was working fine before. All I did was install Streets of Rage!!!
:-(

#10 OP kraized

kraized

Slam Dunk My Funk!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 13:01

Right this is very strange. Find My iPhone on MobileMe is reporting my phone is offline even though I have full strength and 3G. Sending a message from Find My iPhone doesn't come through. :(

Picture_1.png

#11 bidhendy

bidhendy

Neowinian

Posted 21 July 2009 - 13:03

Just checked with my butties in work again... they're all having the same problem now (one of them on an un-JB'd 3GS).
Must be the area. Oh well, at least it rules out the carrier thing.

Guess we'll have to wait, or bug O2 (a new pasttime of mine...)

#12 +InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Galaxy Nexus running CyanogenMod 11

Posted 21 July 2009 - 13:03

O2 are most likely just having network problems, i had no mobile phone signal at home for 3 days a couple of weeks ago :no: That’s happened to me twice in the last couple of months.

#13 acnpt

acnpt

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 July 2009 - 13:07

Working for me on a 3G O2 PAYG, using payandgo.data.o2.co.uk
Im in Newport.

Perhaps the 'idata.o2.co.uk' connection has gone down in South Wales?

#14 OP kraized

kraized

Slam Dunk My Funk!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 13:19

@ bidhendy

Are you contract or PAYG?

My mate in Caerphilly just confirmed he hasn't had data access for the last three hours. He's on contract too.

#15 bidhendy

bidhendy

Neowinian

Posted 21 July 2009 - 13:46

+kraized: No mate, I'm on contract. Weirdly, there is one person here at my works that has a standard 3G who is also on contract but has no problems! Definitely affecting all of us on contract though....

I can't ring o2 at the moment as I'm unable to get out of work even for 5 mins.... Knowing o2 they'll just give me some bull anyway.

Sounds like what acnpt said about the idata.o2.co.uk being unavailable.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!