How to fix the media control panel on a Dell Studio 1535/1536/1537

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this. I've been putting up with this problem for nearly a year now. Dell support were rubbish at the time. They told me to loosen a few screw in the back!!

Thanks for posting this. I've been putting up with this problem for nearly a year now. Dell support were rubbish at the time. They told me to loosen a few screw in the back!!

Yup total crap for me too. Eventually the guy was said I could send my laptop in for repair...but with a turnaround time of 2 to 3 weeks I just said forget it.

They aren't the best support team in the world. If the screw loosening didn't fix the problem I was told I would have to re-install Vista as he thought some of the software I had installed was causing the problem. It had taken me ages to get everything the way I wanted/needed and couldn't be bothered to re-install everything so I said forget it and lived with the problem. Hopefully this is the final fix.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to add - DO NOT apply this on a Studio 1735 or 1737 (the 17-inch models). You will wind up bricking the media control panel and will need to contact Dell to send you a replacement part if your machine is still under warranty.

• 6 months later...

I am now having the same issue with my Dell Studio 1737 laptop. The Media Control Panel is not responding at all. Does anyone have any suggestions? I called Dell and my warranty just expired in July. is there anything I can try myself? Thank you

• 1 year later...

Thanks for this...finally decided to try and fix the issue. Fingers crossed this works for me too.

(Studio 1535 here)

Can you please tell me the solution for it?