No more leaked builds / news ?

Wow, it's been really quiet for a while here on the Windows Codename "Longhorn" front..

What's happening? Have all the l33t hackers and such like fallen of their collective perches... Or maybe... Just maybe has Microsoft stopped leaking builds? :devil: :yes: :ninja:

Microsoft does NOT leak builds, its the "bad" employees that do. Sorry, but that just annoys me when people say MS leaks their own software on purpose as if the company as a whole did.

that's right... it's all internal employees..

they have relationships with OPS on irc channels so yeah...

but who cares its just another part of the computing community

i mean microsoft doesn't personally ban leaking their beta's it's bound to be leaked they know so they're fine with it as long as it's not sold for money

some think that they do leak it on purpose to add hype, if they didn't want leaks, they would prosecute people for leaking, I for one think they do.

the point is they do find out about the employee then they fire them or do something evil with them, cos we never hear about it (shudders)

p|-|34r microsoft

Why you want more leaks? The DCE and WinFS are going to be implemented from now till PDC. It will be bugfest deluxe, so why releasing leaks of a software that's almost guaranteed not to work? Especially because of the DCE, which is a brandnew thing to the Windows kernel and thus buggy as ****.

Wow, it's been really quiet for a while here on the Windows Codename "Longhorn" front..

What's happening? Have all the l33t hackers and such like fallen of their collective perches... Or maybe... Just maybe has Microsoft stopped leaking builds? :devil: :yes: :ninja:

Maybe Longhorns just boring and everyone wants MSN Messenger 5 :p :devil: :shifty:

Microsoft does NOT leak builds, its the "bad" employees that do. Sorry, but that just annoys me when people say MS leaks their own software on purpose as if the company as a whole did.

actually i think that msft does in fact leak builds, but they do it in a stealthy way.

john gray [ms] - once in a conversation failed to deny that from time to time microsoft leak builds. remember msft is huge in promoting what they release / do. from time to time they *may* find it advantageous to leak a build to keep the community on its toes.

and now that i think of it, we had an interesting conversation about paul thurrott as well. many beta testers and previewers were amazed that paul thurrott always seemed to get the newest build and review it without msft hitting on him. believe it or not, he is *encouraged* by msft themselves!

Of course MS leak stuff, look at all the forums that are showing how to fix LH, tweak it and make it better. They're using the public to tell them exactly what is wrong with LH. And considering any .NET crack wont work on 4015, I think it shows that MS have taken in mind all the errors they made with previous builds of Windows and are now trying to stop Piracy. _IF_ Paladium is to be introduced in future version of Windows, they need to make sure they can demonstrate how secure it is, and no one's going to lay their companies future on Microsoft if they can't even protect their OS'.

yea, all ms has to do to start getting back at ppl who distrubute leaked builds is search on msn for longhorn.

on another not, why would ms not want to leak msn? they need all the ppl then can get

well it is pretty sure that they havnt taken a long break or even a break at all from doing longhorn :p we might see a very much higher build number leaked sometime soon, who knows...

im guessing they are working on a far better new build, this new build might be a conciderable upgrade from the builds we have seen so far.

Edited by Sawyer12

it seems are though they are working on a far better new build, this new build should be a conciderable upgrade from the builds we have seen so far.

and you are basing this on... what?

and you are basing this on... what?

I suppose i better put "i am guessing" im not basing this on anything realy except my 2cents. just got the grammar a bit wrong. i dont want ppl getting the wrong idea, like i program for Microsoft or anything. Ive adjusted my post accordingly.

Personally i think they leak the betas so when people find problems and post on forums like Neowin they grab those problems and fix them i can guarantee you that MS keeps a close eye to newsboards like Neowin

I agree MS leaks betas, cause they need cheap free external input so that can give people more of what they want

MS employees may well leak LH builds, but no way do they leak them to get the kind of crap responces some kids on this site post.

it's been just over a month since 4015 leaked. There were two months between the 4008 and 4015 leaks, and it was even longer from 3683 to 4008. Its alpha, very few people outside of the Windows development team even see new builds, let alone use or leak them. And those that do have their hands on later builds probably aren't the types of employees who are going to let it slip out.

You people need to learn some damn patience, we're not even half way through alpha development and we've had more leaks of LH than we did throughout all of Whistler's alpha phase, so consider yourselves lucky you've seen this much of Longhorn so early. And get over the fact that we aren't in late beta and Microsoft isn't releasing a build every other day to thousands of testers who like to share with their friends.