No more leaked builds / news ?

i hope this gets fixed :D

explorer has been at 24-50mb for over 1 day now.. not even one crash :)

compability problems with build 4008.

post-83-1053996703.jpg

post-83-1053996703.jpg

post-83-1053996703.jpg

From what I've read. Some of the team that worked on Windows 2003 server are joining the Longhorn project, but they are having a long vacation before they start.

Microsoft does NOT leak builds, its the "bad" employees that do. Sorry, but that just annoys me when people say MS leaks their own software on purpose as if the company as a whole did.

I sometimes think they do to peak intreast in the product.

Hey i'v just talk to my friend working on longhorn he just told me that they leak longhorn. But u all must take off longhorn from ur com. because your all showing up on the sever90938745 i think that no. is right..... What i am trying to say MS has put in the agrement that 2003 the 7th month they own your com. they have full right to come into your house and take your com.

I have this theory where that imagine this situation:

There are groups of acquaintances and each of them has at least one computerate person who likes getting betas or something.

If they get the betas, they can see how good it is and will be able to show their friends how amazing the new stuff is. Then, the non-computerate people would go out and buy it.

Free advertising!

Hey i'v just talk to my friend working on longhorn he just told me that they leak longhorn. But u all must take off longhorn from ur com. because your all showing up on the sever90938745 i think that no. is right..... What i am trying to say MS has put in the agrement that 2003 the 7th month they own your com. they have full right to come into your house and take your com.

WTF

what country are you from, or better yet what planet?

OOOOh even better how old are you?

and i dont think anyone working on longhorn is allowed to make usch statements, unless the person your speaking of is one of those "BAD" employees.

and i think most people would have read or at least found in the agreement this computer owner ship BULL**** if it existed, and they cant hold anyone to anything unless they are properly Informed, so if it was hidden it wouldnt hold up in court.

and there are also people out there ripping the longhorn code apart inside out and an average internet jockey would know how to monitor if the computer was sending some sort of signal to this server0324897560347609834750923485 or whatever.

please please tell me you were VERY VERY liquered when you made that post lol

Paul Thurrot has never waited more than a month to update his www.winsupersite.com website, so I think that an update to longhorn should come by June 12, hopefully, within the next 5 or 6 days.

Paul Thurrot has never waited more than a month to update his www.winsupersite.com website, so I think that an update to longhorn should come by June 12, hopefully, within the next 5 or 6 days.

What does winsupersite have to do with longhorn leaks?!

LOL, I don't know, but it just seems that Paul Thurrot has never waited more than a month to update his site. And, what else would he be discussing other than longhorn in his next article....maybe there won't be another leak...but the title of this thread "No more leaked builds / news ?, What's up? " I guess what I mean is there will probably be more news...not leaks necessarily. But new news. yeah. news.

Well, there could be stuff on the "out-of-band" Windows Server 2003 releases.... or about the MCE update... Longhorn isn't always going to be the focus.

LOL, I don't know, but it just seems that Paul Thurrot has never waited more than a month to update his site. And, what else would he be discussing other than longhorn in his next article....maybe there won't be another leak...but the title of this thread "No more leaked builds / news ?, What's up? " I guess what I mean is there will probably be more news...not leaks necessarily. But new news. yeah. news.

and here they are
Ballmer Verifies Longhorn Plans in Note to Microsoft Employees

Thanks to yet another leaked email message from Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer to his employees, we now know a few crucial details about the company and its plans ("Linux is a threat" and so on). As far as I'm concerned, the only interesting parts of this message concern Longhorn, the next major version of Windows, currently due in 2005. "In addition to the Longhorn client, there will be a Longhorn version of Office, Longhorn server enhancements, Longhorn development tools, and a Longhorn version of MSN," Ballmer wrote. "We will do the work and take the time required to get it right, because it truly is the next quantum leap in computing, which will put us years ahead of any other product on the market." In other words, yep, you guessed it. Longhorn could be delayed, even beyond 2005. Unbelievable, isn't it?

TechEd 2003 attendees witnessed a rare admission during Flessner's keynote address: Microsoft is delaying the next version of SQL Server (code-named Yukon) from the first half of 2004 to the second half of 2004. Flessner said both the public beta and the file release are being delayed: "We've pushed Yukon back a bit," he said. "There will be a public beta, as we had originally announced, that will come on this summer. You'll see a public beta, and originally we said we'd ship in the first half of calendar year 2004. We are pushing that back into the second half of calendar year 2004.......

Yukon, by the way, is important for several reasons: The product is a major platform that will be accompanied by a new Visual Studio (VS) release, and its new data store will form the basis for the Longhorn WinFS file system extension, the Blackcomb AD, the Exchange Server Kodiak release, and various other storage-related products coming down the road. So this product truly is one that Microsoft should delay again and again until the company gets it right. My guess is that Yukon will ship simultaneously with Longhorn. In 2006

:whistle: :woot:

source

http://www.wininformant.com/Articles/Index...ArticleID=39231

yeah that sounds right...... they havent even finished the new ui yet and its safe to say that if they wan to make this quantum leap in computer software its gonna take longer than microsofts normal time to develope an os.

however i find that letter suspect..... microsoft has devoted alot of resources to longhorn..... to divide their power among the "accessories" (word and msn) is normal and they have teams for that already. think about it they have teams working word, explorer ,ie , msn and most ms product under the sun......al they have to do is have a little collaboration and theres no problem. and this would only include the new screen, media,yukon and ui enhancements................... they are playing a game i thinks

and this longhorn server enhancement and tools is already planned............hello they werent planning to release blackcomb as a full package but as a set of over the time upgrades

this all contradicts everything microsoft has said previously....and goes against their normal stategy (which is tried and prooven) although these are form relavent sources ...dont count on it