Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bcl

Windows 7 RTM now available on Technet and MSDN

662 posts in this topic

It is on.

Edited by bcl

You registered just to post a question that nobody here is likely to know the answer to? Welcome :)

It would have been helpful if your post was:

"Windows 7 RTM on Technet?"

You registered just to post a question that nobody here is likely to know the answer to? Welcome :)

I have been visitng this site for a long time now.

I have joined on 1 august. Someday day i had to start posting so why not today with this question.

Your answer has put me off.

I've heard that it was today in another thread here. If so, it'll most likely be around Noon PST.

I approached this thread, thinking "Oh god, someone's trying to troll". Stop that.

As everyone said, it'll be up today. Sometime around afternoon.

I heard it the release has been postponed until October 22nd due to a serious bug in the RTM code.

I've heard that it was today in another thread here. If so, it'll most likely be around Noon PST.

thanks

I heard it the release has been postponed until October 22nd due to a serious bug in the RTM code.

That's extremely incorrect.

Title fixed

Moved here

thanks

No problem. Welcome to Neowin. :)

I keep pressing refresh every two minutes. Nothing so far. I just need my keys to activate my machines :)

Geez. At least wait until noon eastern time to start F5ing the site.

It's not like you don't have 30 days to activate. ;)

That's extremely incorrect.

I hope you are right. :)

It's not like you don't have 30 days to activate. ;)

I have 18 days left...

I hope you are right. :)

There has been no official news regarding the rescheduling of Technet and MSDN release of Windows 7 RTM, so it should be coming out today.

Just checked TechNet. Windows 7 RTM isn't on there yet. At least not for my account.

Whatever happens, they won't be releasing it until start of business in the US. I think it usually happens mid-afternoon EST.

Just checked TechNet. Windows 7 RTM isn't on there yet. At least not for my account.

Maybe because it's not anywhere close to NOON PST (Pacific Standard Time aka Redmond Time). :rolleyes:

There is no rescheduling. The chkdsk bug is no showstopper. Microsoft is probably going to provide a patch through Windows Update. They are not idiots to risk the launch date!

The code has been signed RTM and that won't change. Bugs discovered after RTM sign off will be solved through Windows Update. People should stop talking about things they don't have a clue...

PS: I just tested to see if the chkdsk bug affects my desktop. I ran chkdsk /r /f on one of my volumes (not the boot) and when chkdsk reached stage 4 its memory usage went up to 5GB in just a few seconds. I killed the process because it would take all 16GB of RAM that my machine has. Nasty Bug but no showstopper!

If you run chkdsk /f then the bug doesn't occur. The /r parameter causes the issue.

I have 18 days left...

So do i lol but the keys will be on Technet before then!

10am PST

:x !!! Lol

I was hoping for 12am :(

Maybe because it's not anywhere close to NOON PST (Pacific Standard Time aka Redmond Time). :rolleyes:

Actually we do not know when Microsoft is going live with Windows 7 RTM on Technet and MSDN. Noon PST hasn't been confirmed by anyone and is just an estimation, nothing more. Having said that I wish it will be sooner than that. I want to download Windows 2008 R2 Server and start testing it too.