Windows 7 RTM now available on Technet and MSDN

The last time I checked, MSDN Premium allowed you to generate up to 10 unique product keys for most products including Windows, the same as TechNet Plus Direct.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case for me, I generated one key and could never generate any further keys. this key was activated on one machine and couldnt be used on any other as it was registered to the 1 machine that activated it.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case for me, I generated one key and could never generate any further keys. this key was activated on one machine and couldnt be used on any other as it was registered to the 1 machine that activated it.

When did you have your MSDN Premium subscription? I know that it used to only allow one key per product unless otherwise provisioned by Microsoft (for example, if you ran out of activations), but there were some changes made that allowed subscribers to generate more product keys (up to 10) without requiring authorization from Microsoft to do so.

When did you have your MSDN Premium subscription? I know that it used to only allow one key per product unless otherwise provisioned by Microsoft (for example, if you ran out of activations), but there were some changes made that allowed subscribers to generate more product keys (up to 10) without requiring authorization from Microsoft to do so.

lol, i've just generated another vista key. I was living in the past all this time! doh! :)

Why on earth won't 2008 R2 be available until the 14? :(

I know, its very annoying. I need to delpoy some of the new R2 stuff ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Released at 10am PST.

Just imagine what will happen to the internet. :p

I doubt it will be as bad as you think, A LOT of people already running Windows 7 RTM.

I wonder if it is a special technet RTM release ISO or we can still use the untouched OEM RTM disk that has been leaked. I hope I dont have to reinstall it. I will also have my fingers crossed lol :)

I wonder if it is a special technet RTM release ISO or we can still use the untouched OEM RTM disk that has been leaked. I hope I dont have to reinstall it. I will also have my fingers crossed lol :)

I highly doubt that the technet keys will work with the OEM RTM. Didn't work with vista.

I highly doubt that the technet keys will work with the OEM RTM. Didn't work with vista.

Right. Since Technet usually only offers Retail and Volume keys, those looking for OEM keys will likely need to reinstall.

I know that the Vista version that came with my Dell laptop doesn't even ask for a key. OEM versions could very well be different and use different keys if it asks for it.

Retail keys DO work on OEM Discs and vice versa. I have used a Retail key on an OEM vista many many times and yes they do activate and they do work fine.

Retail keys DO work on OEM Discs and vice versa. I have used a Retail key on an OEM vista many many times and yes they do activate and they do work fine.

Did you use the technet key with the OEM Vista Disc! :)

Did you use the technet key with the OEM Vista Disc! :)

I have done yes.

Retail works on OEM and OEM on Retail. Technet keys (retail) work on both.

Same as X86 keys work on X64 editions :)

Just so you know there is no "OEM Disc" or "Retail Disc" or "Upgrade Disc" its all the same. Its just the key that determines what you get. Some royalty oems alter the disc to force you into a certain edition but all you got to do is delete the files and reburn the disc. Then you can choose which edition you want. The only different disc is with enterprise because it does activation differently.