Windows 7 RTM now available on Technet and MSDN

I'm inclined to believe the people who say that the bluescreen is a chipset driver issue.

I ran chkdsk /r on one of my drives and the memory usage shot up, but it didn't cause a crash or sluggish behavior.

Just to clarify something about the current times in the uk and redmond.............

PST = GMT -8

PDT = GMT -7 <----- Current Redmond Time Zone

GMT = 4PM

BST = GMT+1 <----- Current UK Time Zone

PST = 8AM

PDT = 9AM <----- Current Redmond Time

BST = 5PM <---- Current UK Time

PST = Pacific Standard Time

PDT = Pacific Daylight Time

BST = Britsh Summer Time = GMT +1

People are getting current UK time (BST) mixed up with GMT and wrongly stated it as the same. We go back to GMT on the 25th of October.

Edited by lee26

Just to clarify something about the current times in the uk and redmond.............

PST = GMT -8

GMT = 4PM

BST = 5PM <----- Current UK Time Zone

People are getting current UK time (BST) mixed up with GMT and wrongly stated it as the same. We go back to GMT on the 25th of October.

So, if release time is 1000 PDT, that is 1700 GMT and 1800 BST.

I'm wondering, is this just a kind of "MS haters" thing? People desperately wanting this product to fail?

In a word: NO. It's a very real bug that Microsoft managed to miss through the rushed beta and release candidate phases of development.

Nobody is hating on MS because of this. Windows 7 is going to be the product that drives Mac sales (already tiny) down by significant numbers. But we might have to wait for the first service pack before it's safe to use in the real world.

This seriously got 9 pages? I was think two pages max of people posting different times but 9 pages?

You know no one ever stays on topic especially when it comes to Win 7 release lol.

Download speeds will stink. Thank god i have installing office 2007 on all our staff machines here at the library to keep me busy while the slow download goes through . lol (we even have a 100/100 fiber line but with technet that doesnt help).

Just to clarify this is a great example of why Governments suck and just make life way to complicated. You are telling me we can't have a time system that never changes(as in DST not earth slow down changes) and is the same for everyone?

We're all on the same fu*kin planet!!! why can't we all have the same time!

PST = GMT -8

GMT = 4PM

In a word: NO. It's a very real bug that Microsoft managed to miss through the rushed beta and release candidate phases of development.

Nobody is hating on MS because of this. Windows 7 is going to be the product that drives Mac sales (already tiny) down by significant numbers. But we might have to wait for the first service pack before it's safe to use in the real world.

LOL MS have said its a issue with a driver a manufacturer supplied and it has occured very very very few times!

Its really really really not a huge deal.

Rushed beta and RC? Do you know how many people have been using RC on their main systems since it was released? Do you know how many felt RC was good enough to be final and that MS was taking too long to finalize it? Do you think another beta or RC2 would have squashed this "BIG" bug, considering that fact that the RC has had one of the largest base of users/testers and no one reported this bug or the "severity" of it until now?you

If you aren't happy with it, don't use it or wait till a patch has been released. If a patch is never released because it's a driver issue as MS states, then you might want to rethink your stance.

Just to clarify this is a great example of why Governments suck and just make life way to complicated. You are telling me we can't have a time system that never changes(as in DST not earth slow down changes) and is the same for everyone?

PST = GMT -8

GMT = 4PM

Go ahead and get on that, and good luck with that, in the mean time, it's called GMT.

In a word: NO. It's a very real bug that Microsoft managed to miss through the rushed beta and release candidate phases of development. "Millions of Windows 7 downloads and no one had this bug, seems like people don't use chkdsk anymore" :devil: maybe that should be the point here.

I used it on an external Hard drive and it crashed on Windows 2003 R2 64-bit after 8 hours of trying so Windows 7 chkdsk crashing isn't new.

Rushed beta and RC? Do you know how many people have been using RC on their main systems since it was released? Do you know how many felt RC was good enough to be final and that MS was taking too long to finalize it? Do you think another beta or RC2 would have squashed this "BIG" bug, considering that fact that the RC has had one of the largest base of users/testers and no one reported this bug or the severity of it until now?

+1

Okay, there's a (possible) bug with chkdsk. Or chipset drivers (I'm inclined to say the latter, since I, too, have been unable to duplicate this behavior on 3 different systems). Now, there ARE bugs I've seen on the RC that I'm still concerned about (likely also chipset-related), but this is not one of them.

I've seen no "showstopper".

Ahh well, it's not on Technet that i can see so far

So maybe the estimates of 6pm - 8pm (BST) will prove accurate

Ever heard of the "sun"? :rolleyes:

Funny I was refering to Daylight savings time (DST) and the stupid changes our Government keeps doing to us. Of all things shouldn't TIME be simple?

Go ahead and get on that, and good luck with that, in the mean time, it's called GMT.

but RC was 7100 and RTM is 7600 thats alot of bug fixes and changes.

+1

Okay, there's a (possible) bug with chkdsk. Or chipset drivers (I'm inclined to say the latter, since I, too, have been unable to duplicate this behavior on 3 different systems). Now, there ARE bugs I've seen on the RC that I'm still concerned about (likely also chipset-related), but this is not one of them.

I've seen no "showstopper".

If you aren't happy with it, don't use it or wait till a patch has been released. If a patch is never released because it's a driver issue as MS states, then you might want to rethink your stance.

Thanks. I won't use it until the issue is fixed. If Microsoft never fixes the bug, we won't ever use the OS in production.

Thanks. I won't use it until the issue is fixed. If Microsoft never fixes the bug, we won't ever use the OS in production.

and if it turns out to be a driver bug and not to do with MS?

*facepalm*

Because I'm sure you often need to chkdsk /r a second partition on your client PC's.

Don't feed the troll. Lately, I've noticed a general influx of Fanboi's on other Win7 forums just baiting users . Thankfully school should be starting soon.