What was the last movie you watched?

5w1W2G8.png

4.5/5 - visually amazing, as someone who has never seen the alien series suppose I need to get on that!

I'm surprised that you haven't seen any of the Alien series.

Watched Magic Mike with the wife

was not as bad as i thought it was going to be but still pretty **** lol

Watched 'The Sweeney' last Sunday night - not the worst film ever, but pretty close...

'Killing Them Softly' opens in a couple of days, so I may watch this over the weekend.

MV5BMTEwMTc3NDkzOTJeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDI4NTAwNzc@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Moonrise Kingdom

9.75 / 10

Possibly the best movie I have watched so far in 2012. Just absolutely brilliant.

The Cast. Acting. Script. Cinematography. Musical Score. All absolutely flawless.

EASILY The best Wes Anderson movie ever made, and I do not say that lightly as I am a big fan indeed.

The kid who plays Sam Jared Gilman, who I believe is pretty much a newcomer, absolutely could win the Oscar for Best Actor.

Same for the girl who plays Suzy.

For kids their age to be able to pull of such adult dry comedic roles that require such a deadpan delivery is truly remarkable.

What an amazing movie.

Was a big movie theater weekend for me.

Yesterday I went to see a matinee of Dredd by myself. Wife had zero interest.

11166106_det.jpg

So I had a HUGE interest as I used to read the original Eagle comic book. I even went back and collected the 2000 AD comics he was in once I got into his featured comic. So I know the whole Dredd legacy fairly well as a result. So being someone who really collected all comics Dredd related, I thought they did a pretty admirable job with it overall. I totally recognize the fact that in itself it is quite a challenge modernizing source material that originally started in the late 70's. So with that in mind, I thought they did a decent job with it. At times aspects of the movie definitely had a low budget feel to it, and I thought once you saw one of the super slow motion scenes, the following scenes definitely lost their cool factor, but overall, I was pleasantly surprised. Was nowhere near the atrocity I thought it was going to be, and it was actually pretty entertaining.

This early afternoon went to go see End Of Watch with the wife.

11166585_det.jpg

It was very good, but it actually was not as good as people were making it out to be IMO.

Also I really have to say it, I am 110% totally over the POV camera approach. I really am. It is pretty much a gimmick at this point in time, and it is just played out to me. Not only that, for the dark scenes, could not tell what the **** was going on. Just stupid IMO.

But yeah with all that said, it is a good movie. It is.

8/10

Also a side note, one of the trailers before EOW was Lincoln. It is a Steven Spielberg movie with Daniel Day Lewis playing Abraham Lincoln. It looks like one of those movies that will go as an all time great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt62ZS3fjg0