[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

profile_header.jpg?v=62db9e

Platforms:

Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PC

(Nintendo Wii recieving Call of Duty Reflex (CoD4) (Treyarch developed port)

Released on:

10th November 2009

Buy at:

Amazon UK

Amazon US

Includes, Xbox 360, PS3, PC versions and all the special editions.

Updates/Patches:

1.07 - All Platforms // 23/12/09

PS3 Fixes<BR>  <BR>  1887 Rebalancing<BR>  Prestige Glitch fix<BR>  Private match glitch/error<BR>  <BR>  PC Fixes<BR>  <BR>  Same as PS3, including<BR>  <BR>  Fix for hacked textures & Altered IWD's<BR>  <BR>  360 Patch<BR>  <BR>  Same as PS3

1.08 - PC and PS3, Xbox 360 on its way....

*  Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized<BR>	* Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry<BR>	* Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s<BR>	* Improved player collision removing cases of getting into geometry and 'elevators'<BR>	* Mouse latency tweaks for more mouse movement consistency<BR>	* Fixes to prevent various texture and XP hacks

Multiplayer:

Perks:

Marathon

marathon.jpg

Ability: Unlimited sprint.

Pro Ability: Get over obstacles faster.

Sleight of Hand

sleight-of-hand.jpg

Ability: Faster reloading.

Pro Ability: Gives a speed boost to how fast you can aim down the sight of your weapon.

Scavenger

scavenger.jpg

Ability: Full resupply from dead enemies.

Pro Ability: Extra magazines.

Bling

bling.jpg

Ability: 2 primary weapon attachments.

Pro Ability: 2 secondary weapon attachments.

One Man Army

one-man-army.jpg

Ability: Replaces your secondary weapon. This allows you to change your class at any given time during a match.

Pro Ability: Swaps classes even faster.

Stopping Power

stopping-power.jpg

Ability: Increased bullet damage.

Pro Ability: Increased bullet damage vs. helicopters and aircrafts.

Lightweight

lightweight.jpg

Ability: Move faster.

Pro Ability: Allows you to do a quick aim after sprinting.

Hardline

hardline.jpg

Ability: Killstreaks require 1 less kill.

Pro Ability: Death Streaks require 1 less death.

Cold Blooded

cold-blooded.jpg

Ability: Undetectable by UAV, air support, Sentry Guns, and thermal.

Pro Ability: No red crosshair or name shown when you are targeted.

Danger Close

danger-close.jpg

Ability: Increases explosive weapons damage.

Pro Ability: Increases air support damage.

Commando

commando.jpg

Ability: Increased melee distance.

Pro Ability: You don't take any damage from falling.

Steady Aim

steady-aim.jpg

Ability: Increased hip-fire accuracy.

Pro Ability: You can hold your breath for a longer period of time.

Scrambler

scrambler.jpg

Ability: Scrambles (jams) the enemy radar in a small radius.

Pro Ability: Delays enemy Claymores, thus allowing you to avoid the explosion if you are fast enough.

Ninja

ninja.jpg

Ability: Invisible to heartbeat sensors.

Pro Ability: Allows you to move silently.

Sitrep

sitrep.jpg

Ability: Insertions. This will reveal enemy explosives and Tactical Insertions.

Pro Ability: Makes enemy footsteps louder.

Last Stand

last-stand.jpg

Ability: Allows you to survive a normal death. You will drop to the ground and pull out your pistol.

You can crawl in Last Stand, which was not possible in Call of Duty 4. Last Stand ends after ~10 seconds or if you get shot again, and in both cases, you will die.

Pro Ability: This allows you to use your equipment too, for example, frag grenades and throwing knives.

Killstreaks

3 Killskillstreak-uav.jpg

UAV Recon

4 Killskillstreak-care-package.jpg

Care Package

4 Killskillstreak-counter-uav.jpg

Counter-UAV

5 Killskillstreak-predator-missile.jpg

Predator Missile

5 Killskillstreak-sentry-gun.jpg

Sentry Gun

6 Killskillstreak-precision-airstrike.jpg

Precision Airstrike

7 Killskillstreak-harrier-strike.jpg

Harrier Strike

7 Killskillstreak-attack-helicopter.jpg

Attack Helicopter

8 Killskillstreak-emergency-airdrop.jpg

Emergency Airdrop

9 Killskillstreak-pave-low.jpg

Pavelow

9 Killskillstreak-stealth-bomber.jpg

Stealth Bomber

11 Killskillstreak-ac-130.jpg

AC-130

11 Killskillstreak-chopper-gunner.jpg

Chopper Gunner

15 Killskillstreak-emp.jpg

EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse Bomb)

25 Killskillstreak-tactical-nuke.jpg

Tactical Nuke (End's Current Game)

Titles and Emblems (Details of how to unlock titles and emblems)

Videos

Modern Warfare 2 Teaser

Modern Warfare 2 Worldwide Reveal Trailer

E3 Gameplay Footage - Direct Feed

Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition Unboxing

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer - AC130 Kill Streak

GameCrazy Convention - Favella Gameplay and GameCrazy Convention - Spec-Ops Breach and Clear Gameplay

Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Gameplay Uncut: Flag Runner (Official HD)

Modern Warfare 2 Domination Cam 1 (HD)

Modern Warfare 2 Domination Cam 2 (HD)

Modern Warfare 2 Domination Cam 3 (HD)

Modern Warfare 2 Domination Cam 4 (HD)

Modern Warfare 2 Highrise Gameplay Cam 1 (HD)

Modern Warfare 2 Highrise Gameplay Cam 2 (HD)

Modern Warfare 2 Highrise Gameplay Cam 3 (HD)

Modern Warfare 2 Highrise Gameplay Cam 4 (HD)

Modern Warfare 2 Highrise Gameplay Cam 5 (HD)

News

>Infinity Ward confirms CoD 6

>Details Emerge about Modern Warfare 2, May 14, 2009

>Modern Warfare 2 Hurt by Name Change?

>GameInformer Magazine Article

>Power Unlimited Magazine Article (A lot of Info, most Notably that the Riot Shield WILL be a Perk, No more Infinite Respawning Enemies in Single Player, and More! Highly Suggest to Check this Out)

>Modern Warfare 2 USA Today Article

>VideoGamer.com Interviews Robert Bowling (one where he confirms the Tar-21)

>Computerandvideogames.com's Modern Warfare 2 overview Article

>PC Zone (UK) Modern Warfare 2 Article.

>American OXM Snip-It of Vince Zampella on Recordable In-Game Clips

>UK OXM Article Telling of How Only half of What the Infinity Ward Team Makes is Put into the Game

>Kotaku talks Modern Warfare 2 with Robert Bowling

Underwater fights confirmed, along with snowmobile races and 50 enemy wave for Special Operations!

>Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition Information

>Details of Call of Duty Classic (Comes with Prestige Edition and Available for 1200 Microsoft Points [$9.99 US])

>Modern Warfare 2 to Contain 1 Free Month of Xbox Live

>Addition of Call of Duty Name Aides in Consumer Awareness (UK OXM Article)

>Yahoo on the Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition

>IGN's Details on the Original Call of Duty within the Limited Editions (Also, Interview with Robert Bowling Telling that Multiplayer Will be Included in Call of Duty)

>Kotaku Speaks with Activision CFO Thomas Tippl about Modern Warfare 2

>Hyper Gaming Magazine (AUS) Article and Scans (Nothing new, confirmed no vehicles in multiplayer and tells of revamping character and weapon models)

>Turkish Website Merlin'in Kazani Interviews Sami Onur about Modern Warfare 2 (Translation is a bit rough)

>IGN's "Infinity Ward: Prestige Edition To Be 'Very Limited'"

>Robert Bowling (402) Explains the New Multiplayer Video (MP)

>Modern Warfare:Mobilised just Announced by Activison (and Produced by N-Space, NOT Infinity Ward) for the DS.

>Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare to be produced for the Wii (just liked to add this, I know its not Modern Warfare 2)

>Modern Warfare 2 to be Present at Gamescom

>The Two Announced Map Packs Could Very Well be the Only Two

>Modern Warfare 2 Breaking All Pre-Order Records

>Modern Warfare 2 Taking Inspiration from Tears of the Sun

>Modern Warfare 2 Controllers to be Made by mad Catz

>Xbox.Com Forum Interview with Robert Bowling (a little off topic)

>There Will be NO Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Beta According to Activision

>Special Operations Article from Gamescon

>IGN's Impressions on Special Forces

>Gamerzines Modern Warfare 2 Article

Sites of Intrest:

www.modernwarfare247.com

www.infinityward.com

www.fourzerotwo.com and twitter.com/fourzerotwo

www.youtube.com/infinityward

www.modernwarfare2.com

Great Screenshots:

MW24/7.com

Really cant wait for this game... CoD4 was the first game that got me hooked to playing my 360... no other game would get me to "reset" all my MP perks/guns/attachments multiple times to reach the next level of prestige...

@Browno - Can you add US prices as well?...

Standard Edition: $59.99 - PC $59.99

Hardened Edition: $79.99

Prestige Edition: $149.99

Really cant wait for this game... CoD4 was the first game that got me hooked to playing my 360... no other game would get me to "reset" all my MP perks/guns/attachments multiple times to reach the next level of prestige...

@Browno - Can you add US prices as well?...

Standard Edition: $59.99 - PC $59.99

Hardened Edition: $79.99

Prestige Edition: $149.99

Done :)

Good work Browno. Although the general rule we came up with is official topics are best left closer to launch, otherwise we end up with 100+ pages before the game is even released.

I suppose this will make it easier to keep everything in one place though as it's going to be popular.

Good work Browno. Although the general rule we came up with is official topics are best left closer to launch, otherwise we end up with 100+ pages before the game is even released.

I suppose this will make it easier to keep everything in one place though as it's going to be popular.

Yup this is far too early, the topic will end up with pages of general chat before the game even comes out.

1~2 weeks before launch is usually best.

(no offence Browno, it's just the way it tends to work best...)

yeah that sucks about the map packs....... I am REALLY having a hard time deciding if I want to purchase this for the PC or the Xbox...

BTW thats funny on the box art.. They are taking the COD out of everything to do with the game, yet they are leaving it on the box art in small print, JUST so some people know its still Call of Duty.

No map packs for pc? F***** :/

Im annoyed that they already have two map packs planned.... I still feel like CoD:MW should have had more then 1 map pack.. its still in the top 3 games on live yet the support for it dropped off the face of the planet after the first map pack..

yeah that sucks about the map packs....... I am REALLY having a hard time deciding if I want to purchase this for the PC or the Xbox...

joystick for aiming FTL, I'd rather play a few maps with a mouse than play alot with a joystick

joystick for aiming FTL, I'd rather play a few maps with a mouse than play alot with a joystick

Oh I agree 100%, but more developers are pushing away from PC gaming and focusing their attention on consoles, due to piracy, cheating, etc.. ?So I know we probably don't have to much longer to go on PC gaming, unless we are playing Universe of Blizzard or something..?

Oh I agree 100%, but more developers are pushing away from PC gaming and focusing their attention on consoles, due to piracy, cheating, etc.. ?So I know we probably don't have to much longer to go on PC gaming, unless we are playing Universe of Blizzard or something..?

Thats why we have to buy the pc versions more, to show the devs that we still care about the pc and not just for the console

No it wasn't. They removed it and Modern Warfare was going to be a spin off, as this is the first true sequel in the CoD series.

Then it was later added back.

Actually here's the full story: (yes it's wiki but it's true)

Modern Warfare 2 was originally referred to under the working title Call of Duty 6.[4] The game was originally announced under the title Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 by Activision on December 3, 2008.[10] Activision subsequently retracted their announcement, stating that any information about an upcoming Call of Duty game was "speculative";[11] a notion shared by Infinity Ward who also asserted that they had not officially confirmed their latest project.[12] On February 11, 2009, Activision officially announced Modern Warfare 2 and set a tentative release date for "Holiday 2009."[2]

And it was added again last month with the first showing of the art work and limited editons.

Any word on if they have improved the online experience? With COD4 MW you can't track your friends online, can easily find servers and add them to your favorites, Lots of servers don't even get listed on the server list, etc.

I wish they'd hook up with Steam that would make it much more enjoyable.

I predict Page 87 at least for discussion pertaining to when the game is actually out.

Just a shame I have to pay ?43 for it.:((

Pre-ordered for about ?36. Isn't the Argos 20% deal still running? Tesco Direct have 20% off too, but it's out of stock for now.

I predict Page 87 at least for discussion pertaining to when the game is actually out.

What was the high bid? 87?

I bid 88!

WHAT YOU GOING TO DO NOW?

Pre-ordered for about ?36.Isn't the Argos 20% deal still running?> Tesco Direct have 20% off too, but it's out of stock for now.

Didn't you have to pay now for the Argos pre-order? I'm not a big fan of paying upfront when it comes to pre-orders.://