[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Any word on if they have improved the online experience? With COD4 MW you can't track your friends online, can easily find servers and add them to your favorites, Lots of servers don't even get listed on the server list, etc.

I wish they'd hook up with Steam that would make it much more enjoyable.

Didn't they fix that with COD:WaW ??

Didn't you have to pay now for the Argos pre-order? I'm not a big fan of paying upfront when it comes to pre-orders. :/

Yeah, that was annoying, but I thought it was worth it. I think with Tesco Direct you get charged when it gets dispatched, but I'm not 100% sure and it is sold out for the moment. Might be worth checking the site every so often though.

Can't wait until this is out. I hate how all the great games are coming out Sept. - Dec., whereas over summer there's been virtually nothing.

I think my order with Play.com took the money straight out of my account once I ordered it, when we pre-ordered from Argo we paid upfront too.

Yeah I've not had them take money straight away. Quite frankly I wouldn't pre-order from anywhere that took the money straight away, quite a lame move that.

In my case being 15 I would, because i'd have the money still in there and would want to spend it, i'd prefer it not be in there and not had the temptation :)

Cheers DM, might go check my bank account before the football tomorrow :) On The Ball City :D

Modern Warfare 2 Features Cameo From 50 Cent (And More)

504x_50_cent_mw3.jpg

Rapper 50 Cent will be strapping on the bulletproof vest once again in a video game—but not one of his own. Instead, he'll be making a cameo in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Fifty won't be continuing the search for his diamond encrusted skull, however. The rapper will simply lend his vocal talents to Modern Warfare 2 as "The Multi-Player Voice," according to official site ThisIs50.com. The rapper dropped the news following a visit to Infinity Ward, during which he played Modern Warfare 2 with Good Charlotte's Benji and Joel Madden. No official word yet on whether those two contribute to the game or if Infinity Ward was simply double booked.

Robert Bowling, the developer's director of communications, says that 50 Cent will be "one of the squad voices in Multiplayer / Spec Ops" on his Twitter account.

This wouldn't be the first Call of Duty to feature famous voices, as actors Keifer Sutherland and Gary Oldman played prominent roles in Treyarch's Call of Duty: World At War. Obviously, Mr. Cent is no stranger to video game voice over work, having appeared as himself in 50 Cent Bulletproof and 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand.

The only question we have is whether 50 Cent can go as deep and hard, (bitch), as Infinity Ward's own Mark Grigsby did in Call of Duty 4...

Update: Robert Bowling from Infinity Ward tells us that 50 Cent is "one of many squad voices" that will be featured in the multiplayer and Spec Ops modes in Modern Warfare 2. Expect to hear Fifty saying things like"Reloading," "Watch your fire," "I'm down, get me up!" and "Tango Down!" according to Bowling.

"He is one of quite a few casual cameos in the game, none of which I can name at this point," Bowling says. "Benji and Joel of Good Charlotte NOT being one of them. They're just good friends with Curtis and came along with him when he was here recently to check out his voice in the game."

Source: http://kotaku.com/5332780/modern-warfare-2...0-cent-and-more

Wonder how much money they got for that!

Lol, I just posted that Audioboxer to the OP. Sounds good though, just seems a bit funny hearing him saying 'Tango Down!' :bounce:. And sounds a bit noobish, but how can I edit the subtitle of the topic?

Lol, I just posted that Audioboxer to the OP. Sounds good though, just seems a bit funny hearing him saying 'Tango Down!' :bounce: . And sounds a bit noobish, but how can I edit the subtitle of the topic?

Normal members have a limited amount of time they can edit topic titles before the edit button disappears, subscribers can edit indefinitely.

That's one thing I think is really stupid as a subscriber perk, especially when members are creating official topics or other things that might need updated.

(I think it works like that anyway, I haven't been a 'member' for ages, but I'm sure I've seen others complain about this).

Oh darn that sucks, i'll leave it as it is then, I wondered how DM was editing his title in the Xbox Update topic, and I wanted to edit the subtitle here (N), Ah well.

Any word on if they have improved the online experience? With COD4 MW you can't track your friends online, can easily find servers and add them to your favorites, Lots of servers don't even get listed on the server list, etc.

I wish they'd hook up with Steam that would make it much more enjoyable.

Anyone know the answer?