Photo

Stamps.com/Runtime Error (x64)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Saint Shiv

Saint Shiv

Neowinian

Posted 10 August 2009 - 18:59

So I recently installed the Release Candidate because my aunt's copy of Vista SP2 was completely broken on her Dell Inspiron 1720. The Bluetooth stack wasn't installing properly, her internet connection was being spotty(at best) and to top it off she would have to restart her computer for the internet to work after sleeping. I tried everything to fix these problems but I decided to say screw it and install Win7. Win7 x64 installed flawlessly, all the drivers installed automatically and now we're up and running. However, her most favorite program - Stamps.com won't install due to a runtime error.

Normally, I would just install RougeSpear's runtimes and everything would be gravy. However, it doesn't support x64 and I can't seem to get any of the runtime packages to work from Microsoft. A few screenshots below will help shed light on the exact issue, any help would be greatly appreciated. If I can't fix this in the next four hours, I have to get the X86 version of Windows 7 because I can't risk this program not working. And yes, I tried compatibility mode.

Edited by Saint Shiv, 10 August 2009 - 20:15.

#2 Tony.

Tony.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 August 2009 - 19:31

Isn't this forum for the RTM build of Windows 7 now?

http://www.neowin.ne...p?showforum=227

Sorry, but I think we should start filtering these topics! :p

But, to answer your question. It should run in x86 mode because of Windows 7's WOW64 sub system, but if not, you could try downloading x86 version of Windows 7 and just install it to see if it works. Have you tried compatibility mode to rule out a problem with Windows 7?

#3 OP Saint Shiv

Saint Shiv

Neowinian

Posted 10 August 2009 - 20:13

Isn't this forum for the RTM build of Windows 7 now?

http://www.neowin.ne...p?showforum=227

Sorry, but I think we should start filtering these topics! :p

But, to answer your question. It should run in x86 mode because of Windows 7's WOW64 sub system, but if not, you could try downloading x86 version of Windows 7 and just install it to see if it works. Have you tried compatibility mode to rule out a problem with Windows 7?

By your response, I can clearly see you didn't read the topic. Thanks for nothing. +1 to your post count, +2 if you respond to this.

I thought it would work based on the subsystem too, and I already said I was going to install the x86 version if no one had a GOOD suggestion. Yes, I tried compatibility mode.

Current public build: 7100

Edited by Saint Shiv, 10 August 2009 - 20:18.

#4 Tony.

Tony.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 August 2009 - 20:33

By your response, I can clearly see you didn't read the topic. Thanks for nothing. +1 to your post count, +2 if you respond to this.

I thought it would work based on the subsystem too, and I already said I was going to install the x86 version if no one had a GOOD suggestion. Yes, I tried compatibility mode.

Current public build: 7100

And like I said, it should still run under x86 using the WOW64 subsystem, and obvious that isn't working, so try the x86 build of Windows 7, if that doesn't work with the same error, then it's a problem with Windows 7, or more on the fact it's more of a problem with the program. There was nothing funny about my post.